Renting DVC from UK

Ruttangel

Mouseketeer
I’ve just gone through the process of renting out points from UK and thought I would share my experience.
First of all, only certain rental stores will deal with UK members so that left me with David’s as the most well known that would deal with me. They pay you by PayPal.
So, as my points could be used up to Oct 2020 I asked David’s that I only wanted to consider 11 month bookings which give you their higher rate of $14.50 and instead of saying I have 150 points I said I just needed to use a min of 130 and max of 180. I also said that I just wanted to make one booking rather than multiple.

They were fine with all that.
So, the points were listed on Friday and I got a booking offer today which I accepted. From then I had to create the booking and then email the reservation details to David’s.
Within one hour the renter had paid David’s and they had paid me. Exchange rate for PayPal was £1:$1.33 which is Ok I suppose.
PayPal will let you withdraw that to your bank for free.
I got 70% now and will get the remainder on booking start date.
anyway, I hope that helps someone

Last edited:
  • jackieleanne

DIS Veteran
    Excellent, I see you are going to WDW on honeymoon! That's amazing, congratulations!
    We can't go until Aug 2021 so had to rent our points out
    2021 Should be amazing. Yes we are staying 5 nights at FQ on the ddp from the UK offer that I'd already booked and then shortened once we got our DVC doing the rest of our honeymoon on DVC points. :)

Ruttangel

Mouseketeer
    2021 Should be amazing. Yes we are staying 5 nights at FQ on the ddp from the UK offer that I'd already booked and then shortened once we got our DVC doing the rest of our honeymoon on DVC points. :)
    French Qtr was our first WDW resort, when we go back and visit we drop a few coins in the fountain.
    I love the relaxed theme....but AKL is by far our favourite)

Last edited:
  • Cyberc1978

DIS Veteran
    I'm also located in Europe(not UK) and I rent the points my self.

IMO the rate that davids provides is not that good. $14,5 per point is very low. Depending on resort you could get much more.

Also doing all the work youself will also put more in your own pocket, might not be as fast or maybe it will.

Ruttangel

Mouseketeer
    I'm also located in Europe(not UK) and I rent the points my self.

IMO the rate that davids provides is not that good. $14,5 per point is very low. Depending on resort you could get much more.

Also doing all the work youself will also put more in your own pocket, might not be as fast or maybe it will.
    I’d rather use a broker than do it all myself
    Good luck to you though if you can sort it all out yourself

disneyholic family

disney on my mind....
    we use david's as well.
    I've successfully rented through them 4 times (3 of the rentals have completed, one left to complete in february).

and yes, i also tell them i want to rent them all in one go, not in smaller lots.
    They are always cooperative.

the february rental is the last for a while.
    we're going in 2021 and need 3 years of points for the trip.

DisneyBB

DIS Veteran
    I use David's it so much easier. The points always rent quickly there must be a waiting list. The money is in my paypal account quickly. We set up a US bank account last time we were in Orlando and linked it to my paypal account. We now just transfer it into there and use if for dues or spending money.

• Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DIS INSTAGRAM