Renting a car??

thats_so_pj

Earning My Ears
I am staying at CBR and was going to spend a day resort hopping. I was wondering if it would be do able by Disney transit or if I should rent a car for the day to do it.

Disney transportation will not take you resort to resort so you will have to go to a park first then take a bus, boat, train to the resort you want to visit. You don't have to go into the park. What I normally do:

Take the bus to MK and then hop on the resort monorail, that will take you to CR, Poly and GF then back to MK. If you still have time, hop on the boat to WL, then back to MK, bus back to CBR.

For Epcot resorts:
Bus to HS, either walk or take the boat to YC/BC, walk around the lake to BW the either boat or walk back to HS and bus back to CBR.

Bus to AK, hop on a bus to AKL then back to AK and back to CBR.

If you want to tour the moderate or value resorts, just about any park will get you there, MK is the furthest away from those resorts so don't start there.

I would not rent a car just to tour resorts, the parking at the deluxe resorts is few and far between even for people staying there.

Disney transportation will not take you resort to resort so you will have to go to a park first then take a bus, boat, train to the resort you want to visit. You don't have to go into the park. What I normally do:

Take the bus to MK and then hop on the resort monorail, that will take you to CR, Poly and GF then back to MK. If you still have time, hop on the boat to WL, then back to MK, bus back to CBR.

For Epcot resorts:
Bus to HS, either walk or take the boat to YC/BC, walk around the lake to BW the either boat or walk back to HS and bus back to CBR.

If you want to tour the moderate or value resorts, just about any park will get you there, MK is the furthest away from those resorts so don't start there.

I would not rent a car just to tour resorts, the parking at the deluxe resorts is few and far between even for people staying there.

Would it be do able to visit all the resorts in one day?

Use Uber or Lyft . Quick and cheap . Beats doing a double transportation stop to go from resort-resort.
We are not even renting a car our trip in March .
Just using Magic Express from MCO to the resort and back . Then use Disney transportation for the "easy" commuting options ............then Uber / Lyft for everything else .
Prices are roughly about $6. - $8. for an Uber from place to Place within WDW , as long as "surge" is not in place . Easy, fast, and very little wait usually.
We are doing a mostly non-park trip , well maybe Epcot and MK for a day each , so we are going to rely on Uber / Lyft heavily . We be doing a lot of resort / pool hopping during our trip . (no flames, we are DVC members !) .

Last edited:
Use Uber or Lyft . Quick and cheap . Beats doing a double transportation stop to go from resort-resort.
We are not even renting a car our trip in March .
Just doing Magic Express from MCO to the resort and back . Then use Disney transportation for the "easy" commuting options ............then Uber / Lyft for everything else .
Prices are roughly about $6. - $8. for an Uber from place to Place within WDW , as long as "surge" is not in place . Easy, fast, and very little wait usually.
I use uber all the time at home don't know why I didn't think of uber at Disney. The amount of alcohol I will consume just went up haha

I use uber all the time at home don't know why I didn't think of uber at Disney. The amount of alcohol I will consume just went up haha

LOL, yep Uber comes in handy, and keeps everybody safe !
Its not good to drive a rental car back from our visits to Trader Sams !

All the resorts on property? No way. All the monorail resorts and WL in one day, yes. You might even be able to get BW and YC/BC in the same day.

It can definitely be done in one day - I've done it in order to check out their Christmas decorations. (Not all the resorts on property - but the monorail resorts, WL and the the Epcot resorts.)

For Epcot resorts:

OK, I'm not totally up on the best way, but couldn't someone but to AK, bus to AKL, bus to Epcot resorts, boat to other resorts, boat to DHS, bus to WL (or campgrounds), boat to MK, monorail to those resorts?

I agree Uber/Lyft, Taxi, or Car rental would be quicker, but if someone wanted the challenge...

OK, I'm not totally up on the best way, but couldn't someone but to AK, bus to AKL, bus to Epcot resorts, boat to other resorts, boat to DHS, bus to WL (or campgrounds), boat to MK, monorail to those resorts?

I agree Uber/Lyft, Taxi, or Car rental would be quicker, but if someone wanted the challenge...

Yep,you could. My reply was if you just wanted to do MK resorts or just wanted to do Epcot resorts or just wanted to do AKL.

I am staying at CBR and was going to spend a day resort hopping. I was wondering if it would be do able by Disney transit or if I should rent a car for the day to do it.
I do this trip a lot, but its only with the Disney deluxe resorts.
Take a bus to MK. From MK take a boat to the Poly, then take the monorail to GF, monorail to Con, monorail back to MK, boat to WVL, Bus to DS, Boat to OKW, Boat back to DS, Bus to BWV,. walk to Swan and Dolphin, walk to BC, Boat to HS, Bus from HS to your resort. With stops and lunch this will take you 10-12 hours.

I do this trip a lot, but its only with the Disney deluxe resorts.
Take a bus to MK. From MK take a boat to the Poly, then take the monorail to GF, monorail to Con, monorail back to MK, boat to WVL, Bus to DS, Boat to OKW, Boat back to DS, Bus to BWV,. walk to Swan and Dolphin, walk to BC, Boat to HS, Bus from HS to your resort. With stops and lunch this will take you 10-12 hours.
Bus to Mk, monorail (or walk) to CR, Poly, GF, Boat to Mk. Boat to WL. Bus to HS, boat to Epcot resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter