renting a car for a day

Zach's Mom

Mouseketeer
I just booked our flight home but we don't leave until after 5. What is the best place to rent a car for the day and once we have one where should we go? We are doing WDW before the cruise. Can we do Kennedy Space center or Islands of Adventure before flying home?

We rented a car to drive from WDW to PC before the cruise and to drive back to WDW after the cruise. For four adult sized people it was MUCH CHEAPER than DCL transfers. We used Enterprise. Their office is no more than 1 mile past the ship. They will pick you and your luggage up from the cruise terminal and take you to the office to p/u your car. All and all they were pleasant to deal w/. We had one small snafu as it was raining (Pouring) the day of departure for us and we were waiting for the shuttle so we stood under the portico to try to stay dry while waiting. I didn't feel like hauling all of our luggage in the office and then back out. We had tons of luggage (I definitely overpacked;) ) Anyway, we had some families who showed up after us decide to butt in front of us for the shuttle and none of the employees there would do anything about it. In the end, not a huge deal, but it was annoying at the time. The other thing was DH left his prescription sunglasses in Enterprise's shuttle and they made a stop to drop them off to him the next trip around. He had to wait about 20 min for them. Not too bad...
Upon return, they picked us up very promptly. Less than a five min wait. They even ran to another Enterprise to get a diff rental vehicle since we weren't interested in taking the one originally offered. 'Nother long story....;)
I will use them again next cruise. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter