Renting a car around PCC 2.0

Are you planning on renting a car around PCC 2.0?

• I plan on renting only pre-cruise.

• I plan on renting only post cruise.

• I plan on renting both pre and post cruise.

• I plan on renting the entire length of my stay and parking at the port.

• I do not plan on renting a car, Disney has sufficient transportation for me--or I'm a townie.

Results are only viewable after voting.

jeanigor

DIS Veteran
I would like to know my fellow cruisers opinions and hear any of their words of wisdom.

I haven't decided yet.

I would like to know my fellow cruisers opinions and hear any of their words of wisdom.

I haven't decided yet.

We did it last year and we're doing it again Todd. It was very convenient to be able to drive back to our resort directly from the port. Parking wasn't too expensive. The flexability a rental provides us is well worth the expense IMO. You can make any stops or detours you need to without a problem.:thumbsup2

I'm not a Townie but live close enough to Florida that I drive - so I will have my car. I love not being at the mercy of a bus. :goodvibes

As it stands right now - we're renting a car post-cruise at the Port and then driving to WDW. It's nice to have a car at WDW instead of having to rely on their bus transportation. Also, we leave late in the day on Sunday to go home. Having the car affords us the luxury of not having to deal with Magical Express or a cab to get to the airport.
I'm in the process of checking the cost effectiveness of renting a car to drive to the Port too and parking it.:surfweb:
We might end up doing it that way

We are renting straight through including parking at the port. I have the cost of parking built into the budget and the convenience of having the car prior to the cruise and having the car waiting for me at the port upon leaving the ship is worth it for me. Our plan is to get off the ship as soon as we can and drive straight to Universal after the cruise.

We did both pre and post last year because we were staying at the Dolphin and didn't have Magical Express and we wanted to get over to where the Muddy Buddy race was.

I don't think we'll bother with a car this year.

As of my research I was doing earlier today - I will probably do length of stay with paying for parking at port.

Not me....I'm on vacation and that includes driving.

Not doing a rental and not because of WDW service or a townie.

Kelly is my taxi. :drive:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Did a rental pre 1.0 and really didn't use it that much. Got water and beer at Publix then went to the Poly for Kona Cafe and the Poly Meet. Did transfers from the Dolphin last year and will do that again. The bus is fun as it allows more time with our peeps! :dance3:

Might do a day rental from the car care center post 2.0 if we decide to do Universal and WWoHP. If not we'll be walking and busing it.

We are renting car pre cruise, not staying post cruise. We don't like relying on disney transporation, love having a car, plus we are going to universal. Already booked alamo midsize 135 for 5 days, pretty good deal these days.

I'd have no problem with using Magical Express and the Disney busses.

If welcome, I would hitch a ride in a car.

If travelling as part of a group, I would hop aboard bus or car with everyone else.

(slightly off topic)
Can't wait to hear how Pete enjoyed the WDW busses.

Right now it looks like we will be renting a for the whole time and parking it in the port lot just like we did on PCC 1.0.

According to my crude calculations, it would cost us at least $300 for transportation from MCO to the Swan, transfers to and from the port, and then transportation back to MCO from the Swan. Even with paying for the port parking fees, we will be coming out ahead, and have the flexibility of having our own car by renting.

I'd have no problem with using Magical Express and the Disney busses.

If welcome, I would hitch a ride in a car.

If travelling as part of a group, I would hop aboard bus or car with everyone else.

As my roommate - you are welcome to ride with me - unless you don't want to.

As my roommate - you are welcome to ride with me - unless you don't want to.

Thanks, Tracey!
And if we get a flat or the car needs pushing, I can help with that.
Hmmm... or call AAA!

I'm renting post cruise. My flight doesn't leave until 7pm, so I figured I'd drive &chill at DTD for a bit. I'm kind of fickle, but once it gets closer I'll probably be seeing if anyone wants to join me.

This is what I like about these boards. That's a very nice thing to do Tracy, good for you.

Thanks Paul. I would do it for anyone.

I'll have room for at least 1 other person in my car - maybe two depending on the amount of luggage and the trunk size.

Thanks, Tracey!
And if we get a flat or the car needs pushing, I can help with that.
Hmmm... or call AAA!

I have the Iphone App for that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter