Rent Minivan without breaking bank Feb-March

aljjgfamily

Earning My Ears
Help! Wanting to rent a minivan(6 people in my party) from Feb 25-March 9 without taking out a small loan. :). Cheapest I found so far $650. :(

I do not have a Costco membership but if the price is right I am seriously considering becoming a member.

https://www.autoslash.com/Get a reservation for a minivan, ANY minivan from any rental place, then put the info in Autoslash. They will e-mail you when they find a better rate - book the new rate or don't, your choice. I save $100's every time I rent a car that way.

One other thing, kinda funny, one time on a Christmas trip we could not get a better rate. We checked Cruise America on a lark - we could, and did get a 25ft RV for the same price as the minivan. The gas those things demand though - it definitely was not cheaper -but- we wanted to stop at a National Park and could not find a hotel room at another stop, so the RV turned out to be a really good option.

just re-read your post - 12 days? $650 = $54/day. That doesn't seem all that high for a minivan. Seriously, try Autoslash - no harm done if they don't find a better rate Also try Priceline - that's usually the deals autoslash finds (though they do find group rates on Priceline that you can't ordinarily get).
EDIT: I take that back. I found $22/day for your dates @ LAX - don't know where you are renting though.

You can price out rentals on Costco Travel without your membership ID. I did a quick check price was $643 from Avis. For our Feb 2020 trip I probably changed my booking 4 times via Costco, anytime I could get it cheaper I'd rebook and cancel the other reservation.

Just curious if you are going to Disney if you need the van the whole nine days. Would you consider doing two rental and using the Disney car care center. We do that most times if we want to do half our trip at Disney and then need a car to go to universal a few days. We’ve also used Disney’s bus for travel one way then rented the car for the back end of the trip and picked up at car care and dropped at airport.
Also keep checking over and over. I just got a full size car fir $100 less fir our upcoming trip. But it was a bloop I guess because it wasn’t that price. Two hours before and the next day price was back up $100 more. Very weird.

Help! Wanting to rent a minivan(6 people in my party) from Feb 25-March 9 without taking out a small loan. :). Cheapest I found so far $650. :(

I do not have a Costco membership but if the price is right I am seriously considering becoming a member.

Thats not a bad price for a minivan for 2 full weeks.

Just check all the rental companies there. Sometimes prices vary wildly between companies at the same time. Also if you can get a "choose your own car" for cheaper, most of the MCO rental companies have mini vans in their choose your own spots.

Last edited:
I have AAA and would prefer to rent at MCO upon arrival but use Car Care Center ... Do you have to rent w/ specific company for Car Care Center on property?
Thanks
I also searched for TonyHindsTransport and could not find website but a cellphone # 407-406-9093 . I guess he offers 10passenger Van and small trailer is available for luggage...

Last edited:
Just curious if you are going to Disney if you need the van the whole nine days. Would you consider doing two rental and using the Disney car care center. We do that most times if we want to do half our trip at Disney and then need a car to go to universal a few days. We’ve also used Disney’s bus for travel one way then rented the car for the back end of the trip and picked up at car care and dropped at airport.
Also keep checking over and over. I just got a full size car fir $100 less fir our upcoming trip. But it was a bloop I guess because it wasn’t that price. Two hours before and the next day price was back up $100 more. Very weird.
We really only need the van for two days, but it was a whole $10 more to rent the van for the entire trip from MCO than to rent for the two days from the car care center and we won't have to wait for buses to and from the park, can leave on our schedule and do more than just Disney on our down day if we want to.

We really only need the van for two days, but it was a whole $10 more to rent the van for the entire trip from MCO than to rent for the two days from the car care center and we won't have to wait for buses to and from the park, can leave on our schedule and do more than just Disney on our down day if we want to.

What about parking fees at the resort?

You can still use Costco corporate id through Alamo. You do not need to show a card. You can find the corporate ID on Google then add it in the field on Alamo website and use a coupon code too., just keep trying different coupon codes for pricing, I have Costco membership and use the code even when not booking through Costco travel. You get the same pricing. When pricing you will notice that the breakdown differences are in the taxes and charges when using different codes, so it makes sense to play around with different combinations. A lower weekly rate may be higher after taxes and fees are added than a higher weekly rate with lower charges added.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter