Renewing AP by post - how long does it take? Updated with outcome

karenmoloney

DIS Veteran
I received a letter from DLRP offering me 6 months free if I renew my AP. I sent off a cheque on the 20th March & haven't received anything back yet. I checked the bank account online & the cheque hasn't been cashed yet. Has anyone else renewed by post that could let me know how long the process took. We go on the 2nd May & I thought I had definitely left myself enough time to get it back by then.

I'd like to know the answer to this too but ours run out in May too and we haven't received a letter (yet?).

I would expect it to take no longer than one month.
Not exactly the same situation, but I extended my AP through the post last September. I sent my AP, my completed sponsor form, and a letter with my request. In my letter, I stated when I would be returning to DLRP, as this was just over 4 weeks from when I sent the form off, and obviously I needed my AP back before I went.

I had the AP back, extended, through the post within 2 weeks from what I recall, it might even have been sooner than that.

UPDATE

I still haven't received anything back & the cheque has not gone through the bank account, so I think it is time to contact them as we go in 2 weeks. Does anyone have a phone number or email address for the passport office, or have any advice of what is the quickest method of contacting them? I'm starting to panic now! Thanks.

The only number I have for the AP office is 0033 160 306069, and my original AP welcome pack says this number is manned from 11am to 7pm.

You could email the usual DLRP address, but as its kind of urgent now, I think you'd be better to call them.

Hope you get it all sorted out :)

I tried to phone the AP office, but couldn't get through, so I emailed them instead. I got a reply saying that they were very busy at the AP office & they would be in contact with me soon.

Then today, 5 weeks later, an envelope arrived from DLRP. But, the bad news is that they were returning everything because they weren't able to accept my cheque (it was a euro cheque) with a note to resend it with details of my VISA card. But, as I am going next week, I will have to do it in person - I just hope I still get the 6 months added.

Good luck!

Your thread has prompted me to send an email myself, as our 6 APs run out in July, and we're not likely to get there in person to renew before then.

I've asked if we can be sent one of the emails offering 6 mths free. No reply yet though.

Good luck!

Your thread has prompted me to send an email myself, as our 6 APs run out in July, and we're not likely to get there in person to renew before then.

I've asked if we can be sent one of the emails offering 6 mths free. No reply yet though.

My offer of 6 months free arrived by post. I think it was about a month before the AP expired.

What a pain Karen. We'll have to do it in person too, since we haven't recieved any offers and it's now less than a month till we go. A bit annoying since our passes will have run out a week before - does anyone know if the front gates know how to deal with sponsorship forms?

What a pain Karen. We'll have to do it in person too, since we haven't recieved any offers and it's now less than a month till we go. A bit annoying since our passes will have run out a week before - does anyone know if the front gates know how to deal with sponsorship forms?

Sponsorship in which context? I've always found that the staff at Guest Services, rather than the normal ticket booths, have a better knowledge of APs and the rules, including sponsorship :).

I'm not sure what your situation with sponsorship is britchic, but if you've already had APs in the last 2 years, you can't use sponsorship to get 10% off new APs.

Sponsorship in which context? I've always found that the staff at Guest Services, rather than the normal ticket booths, have a better knowledge of APs and the rules, including sponsorship :).

I'm not sure what your situation with sponsorship is britchic, but if you've already had APs in the last 2 years, you can't use sponsorship to get 10% off new APs.

Sorry should have explained myself better...I have sponsored 3 people so should get a free pass. But our passes will have run out by the time we go so we'll have to buy them at the gates, albeit Guest Services, rather than the AP Office.

Can you extend your AP with the required sponsorship stamps after its run out? I was under the impression this had to be done, either by post or in person, within the month before the expiry date on your AP :confused3.
I don't have a current parrainage form, but the one I used for my free AP extension does state on it that you have to present your AP and the fully completed parrainage form before your AP expires, to get the free extension with through sponsoring 3 new AP purchases.

Might it be worthwhile you contacting the AP office by email or phone, to clarify this?

Can you extend your AP with the required sponsorship stamps after its run out? I was under the impression this had to be done, either by post or in person, within the month before the expiry date on your AP :confused3.
I don't have a current parrainage form, but the one I used for my free AP extension does state on it that you have to present your AP and the fully completed parrainage form before your AP expires, to get the free extension with through sponsoring 3 new AP purchases.

Might it be worthwhile you contacting the AP office by email or phone, to clarify this?

Oh I think you're right....had better phone them tomorrow I think.

Well I've sent mine away by AirSure which is apparently priority, and trackable, but I need them back within a month so I sure hope it will be OK. What on earth do you do if they don't come back in time?! I guess they have all your details anyway....

OK 9 days to go and no APs back yet.
I tried phoning this morning and (I think) just got stuck in a queuing system but I couldn't understand everything so who knows?! Beginning to worry they won't come now, and of course our sponsorship form was in there. I checked the online tracker and it tells me it was delivered in France so I presume they have it. I am just about to email but it doesn't sound likely I'll get a quick answer from that. :confused3

Amazingly I have already received a reply to my email. However it says the AP office haven't received my letter. Despite AirSure Track and Trace saying it was delivered on 29/04/09.

I have moaned about DLRP service in the past but have just had excellent service - a phone call from the AP office saying they had my letter and were renewing the APs, one free with sponsorship, one with 18 months, one full price and one free for my 4 yr old (even though she got a free one last year - can that be right?). Since there is now only 9 days to go until we leave, they are keeping them at Guest Relations and writing a note on my file.
It was great to have had such a speedy reply to my email...although I suppose not so great that if I hadn't chased it would still be in a pile somewhere.
Anyway off to send them a congratulatory email.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter