Remy Reservations

Don't be put off by the menu. There were a lot of things on the menu that I chose that I was a little apprehensive about, ie lamb carpaccio, runny egg yolk. I don't usually like lamb, and I don't really like raw meat (raw fish is fine though). The lamb carpaccio was amazing, not gamey at all. I don't like runny egg yolk either, but the dish I had with it was fantastic. The egg yolk didn't have the normal slimy consistency of runny egg yolk. It, and Victoria & Albert, have expanded my culinary horizons even more, and I am very happy that I overcame my apprehensions and ate the items. It was an amazing meal, and I am so looking forward to eating there again in August. In fact, Remy is one of the main reasons that I really love DCL compared to other cruise lines.

Because sometimes stepping outside your comfort zone is exactly what you need to realize that your comfort zone isn't exactly all it's cracked up to be and going outside of it can be quite exciting, refreshing and invigorating.

To the OP: Do it. Even if you're not completely comfortable with it. If you wind up not enjoying it, well... at least you tried. Staying comfortable is an excellent formula for staying stagnant.

This, I love doing tasting menus at top quality places like Remy. I was a very very picky eater when younger, and still a bit picky. But when something is expertly prepared, more often than not, I really like it.
If I was just ordering a single entree, I'd be put off against ordering something I'm unsure of. But with 5-7 courses at Remy, I like that I'm forced out of my comfort zone -- many of the dishes sound like things I would not want to order.
Most of the time, I end up really enjoying most of the dishes. And if I don't love 1 of the dishes, I still get plenty to eat from the other courses.
For example, last year -- I would never, in a million years, have considered ordering Cauliflower Pannacotta -- I'm not a huge pannacotta fan, and I outright dislike cauliflower. But the dish was fantastic!

My husband and I went to Remy this past September for our Honeymoon. He wore dress pants, collared shirt and a suit jacket (something we got at Target specifically to eat at Remy) and I wore a dress and heels (I wanted to dress up, but I could have worn a much more casual dress and some flats)

Here is a picture of us at Remy: https://www.instagram.com/p/BKa9OpoD9ot/

We had a great experience! If I am remembering correctly, there were two menu options to choose from which both had different options for the soup, salad, appetizer, main course, etc. It was kind of encouraged that we each choose one of the options so that we could each try everything on the menu. There was a more "French" option and a more "American" option, but they were both equally as fancy and delicious!

We were seated looking out of the window with a view of the water which was beautiful. The restaurant probably only had a couple of other groups/couples dining in it besides us. The whole experience lasted at least 2 hours and we left Remy EXTREMELY full (in the best possible way). We have no regrets about having gone to Remy.

The only thing that threw me off about the experience at all was that we were brought a water menu at the beginning of dinner and there was no option of just "tap" water on the menu. I just could not bring myself to pay for water and I felt a little awkward declining to pick a water selection off of the menu. I should have just asked for tap water, but I felt kind of uncomfortable asking. About halfway through dinner we were brought some regular water, but we were kind of thirsty during the first half of dinner. I have been to nice restaurants in my life (not all of the time, but for special occasions) and this is the only restaurant that I have ever been to in which I was given a pretty extensive water menu and felt like I would be weird for requesting tap water. This might just be me being self conscious! My husband thought it was strange too though. We just kind of laughed about it and it did not make us regret our decision of dining at Remy.

I felt the same way about Remy. I'm all for splurging on a night out, but $7.50 per bottle for the cheapest bottle of water was painful, especially considering the cost of the meal itself! It was a great experience and it was nice to have a meal without the kids, but I felt a little out of place (not because of the way we were dressed). We actually enjoyed our dinner at The Royal Palace more. I don't want to put a negative spin on it, but it was a bit too fancy for our tastes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter