Remy anyone? PCC4.0 **UPDATED**

wdwscout

DIS Veteran
We would love to try Remy on this cruise.

See update in Post #18 (page 2)

Is anyone interested in getting a group together? :cool1:

List submitted to DCL= 8
wdwscout (2)- John and Linda
parrotheadlois (2)- Lois and Greg
sayhello (1)- Tobi
mdvlprof (1)- Jennifer
Mainegal (2)- Lyn and Elizabeth

possible wait list?-
Euphscott (2?)- dinner or brunch

DCL required 8 people (exactly, no more-no less) for the request.
I am faxing the request on 8/23/12
I'll let you know when I hear more- I expect it will not be until we are within 30 days of the cruise.

I would be. What I'd really like to do is brunch! But if the group decides on dinner, count me in, please!

Sayhello

We are quite interested in Remy in one form or fashion.

We did the Chef's Table on Carnival Magic last month and we can now see our pathway to being food snobs! Too bad our budget may not allow it as often as we'd like.

Definite maybe.... $$ Depends if they add another class to my schedule. If DCL lets me, I might leave DH and DS, and just go myself.

:rotfl2: I can already hear him --we paid for food, why pay extra to eat at specialty restaurant?.

Yay!! :cool1:

We really want to get into Remy. Brunch would be just fine- and dinner would be OK too. I am curious as to whether they will offer brunch for inline booking or just wait til we are on the ship.

Is there anyone on who is interested so far able to book earlier than 90 days out?
I am at Silver Castaway status- so we have to wait until 90 days. I think Gold (is that the next level?) can book earlier- but I am not sure when.

And I think all of our ressies need to be linked for making dining ressies- am I correct?:confused3
I know Tracey is cruising right now- but we can get answers when she returns.

I will add interested names to the first thread for now.

Yay!! :cool1:

We really want to get into Remy. Brunch would be just fine- and dinner would be OK too. I am curious as to whether they will offer brunch for inline booking or just wait til we are on the ship.

Is there anyone on who is interested so far able to book earlier than 90 days out?
I am at Silver Castaway status- so we have to wait until 90 days. I think Gold (is that the next level?) can book earlier- but I am not sure when.

And I think all of our ressies need to be linked for making dining ressies- am I correct?:confused3
I know Tracey is cruising right now- but we can get answers when she returns.

I will add interested names to the first thread for now.
Gold, I believe, can book starting August 25th (I read that on one of the threads). The problem with linking ressies is that if one person is online, booking for Remy for all the reservations, no-one else can get on their reservations to book excursions, or Palo, etc. I *think* if you link them for dining only, you're OK, but I don't know if you can make Remy bookings for everyone that way. I also don't know if Remy has a private room, like Palo does. The private room at Palo is the easiest way to do a group.

I'd definitely wait until Tracey gets back.

Sayhello

Gold, I believe, can book starting August 25th (I read that on one of the threads). The problem with linking ressies is that if one person is online, booking for Remy for all the reservations, no-one else can get on their reservations to book excursions, or Palo, etc. I *think* if you link them for dining only, you're OK, but I don't know if you can make Remy bookings for everyone that way. I also don't know if Remy has a private room, like Palo does. The private room at Palo is the easiest way to do a group.

I'd definitely wait until Tracey gets back.

Sayhello
Good points about linking- we'll ask Tracey. Also- does everyone linked have to be paid in full by the Gold date then??

I do know that Remy has a private room. We'll just have to see if we can get it! :cool2:

Tim and I are interested in Remy and Palo. Never been to either. We are cruising with friends Dick & Nancy and they would like to go too. Brunch or dinner - doesn't matter to us!

Good points about linking- we'll ask Tracey. Also- does everyone linked have to be paid in full by the Gold date then??

I do know that Remy has a private room. We'll just have to see if we can get it! :cool2:
You don't have to link ressies for the private room. You need to work directly with DCL to try & reserve that. (You'll need everyone's reservation # and names).

Sayhello

You don't have to link ressies for the private room. You need to work directly with DCL to try & reserve that. (You'll need everyone's reservation # and names).

Sayhello
I've never done that. I'll have to figure out how to accomplish this!

I've never done that. I'll have to figure out how to accomplish this!
It was done for a group of us on the Med cruise I did on the Magic (private room for brunch at Palo's.) It's my understanding they all work the same way. The guy who organized it worked with someone at DCL. They took everyone's names, and said they'd let us know a certain amount of time beforehand if we got it or not. It counted as your one online reservation, so anyone who had made individual reservations for Palo brunch lost those. But it worked out great. Sorry, I don't know who he worked with at DCL.

Sayhello

sayhello said:
It was done for a group of us on the Med cruise I did on the Magic (private room for brunch at Palo's.) It's my understanding they all work the same way. The guy who organized it worked with someone at DCL. They took everyone's names, and said they'd let us know a certain amount of time beforehand if we got it or not. It counted as your one online reservation, so anyone who had made individual reservations for Palo brunch lost those. But it worked out great. Sorry, I don't know who he worked with at DCL.

Sayhello

Are you only allowed one online reservation?

Are you only allowed one online reservation?
Sorry, only one online reservation per type of event. One Palo brunch, one Palo dinner, one Remy dinner, etc. You can get more onboard if there's availability. But they limit the online reservations to one per each event per person so that more people have a chance to get reservations. So if you book, say, Palo brunch, but then get a group Palo brunch also, you lose the individual one you booked yourself.

Sayhello

sayhello said:
Sorry, only one online reservation per type of event. One Palo brunch, one Palo dinner, one Remy dinner, etc. You can get more onboard if there's availability. But they limit the online reservations to one per each event per person so that more people have a chance to get reservations. So if you book, say, Palo brunch, but then get a group Palo brunch also, you lose the individual one you booked yourself.

Sayhello

Thanks. Didn't know that.

**UPDATE**

I finally heard back from someone regarding reserving the private room in Remy.

#1- They are taking requests now. It appears that they do not review and assign you a dining date/time until 30 days prior.
#2- They ONLY take requests for EXACTLY 8 people. No more, no less.

We have 12 interested in Post #1.
I need guest names (all in your party) and reservation numbers to be sent to me by PM if you are FOR CERTAIN interested in this opportunity.
I will submit the first 8 names I receive and keep the rest on a wait list.
I will indicate that in Post #1

Please PM me as soon as possible so I can fax our request to DCL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter