Remind me messaging apps for back home?

Are you Android or iOS? Most of my list is geared towards turning off all the various android auto updates and backups. As well as some specific apps I use for photo cloud storages (DSPhoto).

I also set up the DCL wifi as "metered" under android and turn on the data saver. Once you do that you can restrict which apps are allowed to use data in the background.
I'm on Android. I will try the things you said. Thank you very much!

What settings does your phone need to be on to use the free WhatsApp? Is this on the ships Wi-Fi?

On Fantasy now, and have not paid for any of the new internet packages. My family all uses Samsung Android devices. With the Disney Wi-Fi connection, WhatsApp is working perfectly to message people on and off the ship. The DCL app messaging is hit or miss with notifications, WhatsApp is much better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter