Reintroduction and Hello

suzybear6

Mouseketeer
Just thought I'd post and reintroduce myself as I can see I'm going to be using this forum a lot over the next year or so.

I popped in last year and got some help choosing when to plan our 2010 trip to WDW and now I'm gearing myself up for the serious planning and booking stage :yay: So I've spent the last few weeks reading through all the old threads and learning lots:worship:

This will be my first family trip to WDW with my DP and our two children DD7 & DS6 (although they will be 8 & 7 by the time we go). I've been to WDW once before back in 1994, but that was a totally unplanned trip...well I had planned to go but all I did was turn up at Fort Wilderness with a tent and buy a ticket...no pre-planning at all:scared1: Of course that was back in the dark ages pre-computer days so no resources like this available then anyway!:rotfl:

So far I have decided on dates (14 nights starting around 20th October 2010) and staying onsite at a value resort...thinking probably Movies due to the theming and the age of my children. I have looked at packages but think I'll probably go down the DIY route if I can get a good price for flights.

So that's me if you see me posting and asking questions over the next year or so.

Luv Suzy

Welcome Suzy!

I'm sure you'll get lots of questions answered on the boards!

Happy planning, do your children know they're going yet? :)

Hey Elaine, fancy seeing you here! Don't suppose you are planning a trip to WDW next Oct are you...we could recreate the DLRP Dis Meet from Oct07! lol :)

Luv Suzy

Thanks for the warm welcome guys:goodvibes

Welcome Suzy!

I'm sure you'll get lots of questions answered on the boards!

Happy planning, do your children know they're going yet? :)

Yes Tinks, they do know. I can't keep a secret :blush: Plus I spend so much time on here I wouldn't have been able to keep it a secret for long now they can read! lol

Luv Suzy

Hey Elaine, fancy seeing you here! Don't suppose you are planning a trip to WDW next Oct are you...we could recreate the DLRP Dis Meet from Oct07! lol :)

Luv Suzy

Lol! Wish I was going then. Our next WDW trip will hopefully be October for Halloween but unfortunately it won't be 2010. :(

Thanks for the warm welcome guys:goodvibes

Yes Tinks, they do know. I can't keep a secret :blush: Plus I spend so much time on here I wouldn't have been able to keep it a secret for long now they can read! lol

Luv Suzy

Haha, I think I'd be the same to be honest! I'm sure they'll be just as excited being able to join in and show you things they'd like to try out! :wizard:

Haha, I think I'd be the same to be honest! I'm sure they'll be just as excited being able to join in and show you things they'd like to try out! :wizard:

I love all the planning and getting the children all excited about it before hand is all part of the fun :cheer2:

Although, saying that, one day I might spring a Disney suprise on them. This summer when we were driving around Paris on our way to the south I spotted a Disney sign and did wish we had planned a couple of days at Disney on our way down or on the way back. So maybe the next time we head down to the South of France I'll spring a suprise visit to DLRP on them :cool1:

Luv Suzy

Welcome back.
I have found the Dis to be a fabulous resource for planning my holidays - and I'm sure you will too :thumbsup2

welcome back, the plannning is the best bit!
we are heavily planning our trip with free ddp for aug, i love the planning, esp checking out menus and deciding where to eat!
hope you have fun:goodvibes
Tracy

Welcome:flower3:

October is my favourite time to visit Florida - the weather is lovely, all the Halloween celebrations and decorations are out and it's a little quieter than summer.

Happy planning:surfweb:

love October in Orlando! Great weather and the food and wine festival! :)

Welcome Back!

Hello Everyone:wave2:

I am hoping that the weather in October (last 2 weeks) will be right for us. DD & DS need it hot enough to go swimming/water parks etc, but DP can't stand it if it's too hot. He moans if the temp is over 28C and can't function if it goes above 30C. :sad2:

Obviously hoping that the crowds are not too high so that we won't have to spend hours in long queues. I'll be checking nearer the time for strategies to beat the queues, but does anyone know where I can find the info that I've heard people talk about that tells you how busy the parks are each week?

Luv Suzy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter