Regular River Belle Fantasmic Package?

shaycamp21

DIS Veteran
Are there set times you can only ask for the Fantasmic Upgrade at River Belle Terrace? We currently have a 12pm lunch booked (Aug 14) but I read on a blog somewhere lunch bookings for the regular Fantasmic Dining Package start at 1pm (though haven't seen that anywhere else) can anyone confirm this--just don't want to miss out? We are hoping to do the 2nd show.

Are there set times you can only ask for the Fantasmic Upgrade at River Belle Terrace? We currently have a 12pm lunch booked (Aug 14) but I read on a blog somewhere lunch bookings for the regular Fantasmic Dining Package start at 1pm (though haven't seen that anywhere else) can anyone confirm this--just don't want to miss out? We are hoping to do the 2nd show.
On Disneys website for standard RBT package it says lunch starts @ 11:00am and dinner @ 4:00pm. See link.
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland/fantasmic-dinner-packages/

Okay, I'm just going to piggyback onto this thread because I don't want to screw up and I'm not typically a TS/reservation type person. I was able to get a River Belle reservation for a late lunch. All I have to do is ask the server to upgrade to the F! package, right? There isn't a separate reservation system for the F! package? My husband really wants to see this show with the kids and he hardly ever asks for anything on our Disneyland trips, so I want to make sure I'm doing it right.

Okay, I'm just going to piggyback onto this thread because I don't want to screw up and I'm not typically a TS/reservation type person. I was able to get a River Belle reservation for a late lunch. All I have to do is ask the server to upgrade to the F! package, right? There isn't a separate reservation system for the F! package? My husband really wants to see this show with the kids and he hardly ever asks for anything on our Disneyland trips, so I want to make sure I'm doing it right.
This is correct. However, if you want the first showing of Fantasmic my server told me they usually run out between 1 and 2pm. If you want the second show it won’t matter what time your reservation is.

We had an 11am reservation and I asked for the Fantasmic package. I got the customary "let me go see if we have that available" and our server came back with a yes and the menu. We were the first reservation of the day so I have no idea if that was just habit, or if there really is that limited of an availability.

We opted for the 2nd show. Be careful about the advice you get on where to line up. I was told by our server to look for line-up directly across from POTC, but in reality, the line up started at Harbor Galley next to HM/SM. Ended up in the middle of that line, but most folks ahead of us were in the Hungry Bear package section.

As noted already, this is correct. Line-up by Harbor Galley, but double check on your day of visit if that changes. It was Harbor Galley in 2018.

Also note, you don't get a Fantasmic cushion with River Belle. Not sure if they also discontinued that for Blue Bayou. The reserved areas are seated only, no standing, so you might want to bring something to sit on. I just sat on the concrete and had numb legs/butt cheeks for the duration of the show, took a while to get feeling back. Probably not the best idea I've ever had.

We did not see any cushions in the BB section when we were there, and we were seated right next to it as close as you can get from the HB section.
Also re: line up, they have the BB and HB lines at Harbor Galley as well, so make sure you know which line you are supposed to be in - don't be afraid to approach the CM at the front to ask. I lost about 50 places for my mistake. Maybe more.

We did our RB lunch yesterday, reservation at 1:15pm. They had both first and second show available, we chose second. We were able to get things off the regular menu instead of the Fantasmic menu. We were told to go to Harbor Galley for entrance, which we did, then were told by a CM that it was Hungry Bear only and to go somewhere else. Turns out he was wrong and we had been in the right spot.

Had a great view from a couple rows back and had plenty of room.

We did our RB lunch yesterday, reservation at 1:15pm. They had both first and second show available, we chose second. We were able to get things off the regular menu instead of the Fantasmic menu. We were told to go to Harbor Galley for entrance, which we did, then were told by a CM that it was Hungry Bear only and to go somewhere else. Turns out he was wrong and we had been in the right spot.

Had a great view from a couple rows back and had plenty of room.
What time did you line up/enter the reserved area? Also, did you have to wait very long to be seated at RB after your reservation time? Thx!

What time did you line up/enter the reserved area? Also, did you have to wait very long to be seated at RB after your reservation time? Thx!
They say to come back at 10pm. We arrived around 10:05 or so. My wife and son got in the line to reserve our seating while I took our younger kids to the restroom so not sure what the lines looked like or if they had already been let in.

We checked-in right at our reservation time and waited no more than 5 minutes.

if only part of the party wants the Fantasmic dining package at RBT, does everyone in the party need to purchase the package, or can those who don’t want it just order a La carte without the package pricing?

I can't sit on the concrete for more than 5 minutes and can't stand for more than an hour at a time (&%$#^$! fibromyalgia!) And I'm assuming I won't be able to snag Fantastic Premium seating. So.. with another dining package is there some area where I could enter a half hour before the show and stand (instead of sit) through it?

I can't sit on the concrete for more than 5 minutes and can't stand for more than an hour at a time (&%$#^$! fibromyalgia!) And I'm assuming I won't be able to snag Fantastic Premium seating. So.. with another dining package is there some area where I could enter a half hour before the show and stand (instead of sit) through it?
It would seem that since your issue is a medical condition, you would be justified in renting a regular wheelchair and doing one of the other standard dining packages Hungry Bear, RBelle or BB, and using the wheelchair seating area. From what I have heard it's a limited area, so you might have to be there earlier than 30 minutes, but it would save you sitting on the concrete or standing for an extended time.

We upgraded to the Fantasmic package at RBT for the first show last week. We arrived right when the line opened (7:45ish?) and got a great spot. Our server told us we should arrive around 8:30 (!!!) which would've meant squeezing in the back. However, we were right up against the BB section and it was pretty uncrowded up until a few minutes before the show started. There were some people standing at the very back of the section, so the CMs may allow that, though I don't know if that's up to their discretion.

Fibro solidarity - I ended up laying down on a thin blanket on the pavement for most of the wait and it was actually a bit nice with all the residual heat, but I definitely felt it later that night.

We did the RBT standard package on the 19th and I cannot speak highly enough. We haven’t been to the RBT in forever (the last time I remember going I think it was CS and we had breakfast.. at least a decade ago) and I had no idea what I was missing. It might be my favorite food in the park. I guess you have to be into that sort of food but wow, loved it. I think we are gonna pass on our BB reservations (for Fantasmic) when we go back in August and do RBT again.

Ok - Just to be 100% sure here... I just need to grab a standard RBT or BB reservation and then I upgrade to the package on the day I'm there? There's no special dining reservation I should be looking for?

We upgraded to the Fantasmic package at RBT for the first show last week. We arrived right when the line opened (7:45ish?) and got a great spot. Our server told us we should arrive around 8:30 (!!!) which would've meant squeezing in the back. However, we were right up against the BB section and it was pretty uncrowded up until a few minutes before the show started. There were some people standing at the very back of the section, so the CMs may allow that, though I don't know if that's up to their discretion.

Fibro solidarity - I ended up laying down on a thin blanket on the pavement for most of the wait and it was actually a bit nice with all the residual heat, but I definitely felt it later that night.
Thanks for the tips! Yeah, if I laid down on my back on concrete.....wait, what am I saying....I couldn't even get my body to bend down that low!
I have thought about a wheel chair. I'll see how I feel as we get closer to the date (October). :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter