Regular resort room vs. DVC room -- What are the differences?

Just for the record, I wasn't trying to blast the quality of the studios. A deluxe room at the Poly or Contemporary has about 440 square feet, which is much larger than a DVC studio. Other deluxe rooms are not quite as large, and deluxe rooms at WL and AKL are substantially smaller. So it depends on what you compare it to. I believe the room quality and size of the rooms at WL and AKL (hotel) put them a notch below the other deluxe resorts, but again, just my opinion.

For me, if given the choice between a room at the Poly or Contemporary or a DVC studio, I would pick the hotel room. That's with traveling with children, who would get a large queen bed. If it was just my wife and me, we might prefer a studio.

You are right.... The Contemporary and the Poly, built back in the 70s, are different. Those rooms ARE big. But all the other deluxes are just really nice hotel rooms, which puts them a cut below the studios in my book.

When I stay in studios, I stay pretty much anywhere but OKW. I like the couch, coffee table...makes if feel much less like I'm trying to live in my bedroom.

For one and two bedrooms, OKW is our first choice for the SPACE, the balconies and the whirlpool tubs!!!

On the coffee: When we stay in a studio about the only thing we pack in our suitcase is a zip lock bag of coffee and basket type coffee filters. These are the large basket type, for a 10 - 12 cup coffee maker (not the 4 cup Mr. Coffee size).

The 4 sets of towels in a studio is more than enough for the 2 of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter