Refillable Popcorn Container

wherespluto

Mouseketeer
I just found that we still have the refillable popcorn container that we got on the Dream in August. Can you take those and refill them on future cruises? We are heading out on the Wonder in a week and didnt know if it was worth taking.

I just found that we still have the refillable popcorn container that we got on the Dream in August. Can you take those and refill them on future cruises? We are heading out on the Wonder in a week and didnt know if it was worth taking.

Yes, you can take it and get it refilled if you want to use the luggage space for that.

May I ask, if you remember, how much does the initial popcorn container cost, is it just a single serving container? Or a little bigger size so people could share?

May I ask, if you remember, how much does the initial popcorn container cost, is it just a single serving container? Or a little bigger size so people could share?
I believe that the ones I have seen are a great deal like the popcorn buckets you see in the Disney Parks, so I would say that they are big enough to share. Not sure on the price. I thought I heard something about $10-12 once upon a time.

From recent posts here on the Disboards, it appears they have lowered the refill cost since we last cruised. My experience was the bucket cost $7.50 to purchase the first time and $3.50 to refill. The cost to refill the bucket was the same as the cost of a single order of popcorn, but the bucket held more popcorn. It seems the cost to refill is now under $2.

Is it true you can take your refillable bucket from the parks to use?

Well it seems that is the bucket they use on the ship too . Mine has Mickey with a train and other attractions on it with a green lid, says Disney Parks on it. I am taking it with us got it on another cruise.

Last week on Magic, we used the bucket we bought in December on the Wonder. Refill with tax is 1.73. The bucket was 8 something I think. I thought it was a good value since we like popcorn at shows.

It was a green lid one last week on the Dream. We bought the Star Wars ship type one. It was $1.50 for refills and they did not put the popcorn in the ship just gave us the refill in a red box

Yes, you can take it and get it refilled if you want to use the luggage space for that.

That's what kids are for. Clean it out and have one of them use it as their carry on! that is also how we transport the beach toys and anything else that is light but bulky.

Anyone have a pic of the bucket???
This is the one we received on the Dream in mid-Jan.
photo.php

(Hope the picture comes through.) It was the Disney Parks scenes with darker green lid.

We used the ice bucket from the cabin for reduced priced popcorn refill last summer with out a problem. :duck:

YMMV

ETA; Of course we could have been a charity/sorrow/goodwill case too.

We need to find out if we can get a refill with ANY Disney popcorn bucket!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter