Refillable mugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

DVCforMe

Mouseketeer
Back about 7 years ago we bought 2 refillable mugs at Wilderness Lodge that we were told would be good for free refills forever. Only one mug has survived - the dog ate the other one - but I was wondering if it can still be used. I know the ones now are just for the duration of the trip and I don't want to make a big deal out of it if ours shouldn't be used anymore. We're leaving tomorrow for a mother-daughter stay at VWL and it sounds like the heat will keep us around the resort more than normal. Free refills would be nice but I don't want to push the issue if policy has changed. Anyone have any experience or thoughts?

Charlotte

Technically no, but CM's rarely, if ever, say anything.

Now I'm going to sit back and watch the fall out!

:lmao:

The new rules state that you would need to purchase the YOAMD mugs, however from what I saw earlier this month when I was at WDW and on previous trips there, the Cast Members won't say a thing to you if you decided to use you're Wilderness Lodge mug.

For the record I am not telling you to bring it back, I am only stating what I have seen when it comes to other guests using old mugs and using them at other Resorts and the Cast Members have never told those guests to stop using them.

I'm on the fence with this one.

As when you purchased it ,it was forever so thats how it should be. Now how to prove that is another story and where the problem is.

We were just at Vero and saw many times people just filling their regular $2 cups several time as we were right across from the fill station.

I keep 3 of our 2006 mugs to use for our Room and store bought sodas. I did take mine up to the pool one day for a few hours and wonder if anyone was giving me dirty looks . I did not use the refillstation just had my pepsi from the room in it. Our room was right at the pool so sometimes it was shorter to walk over to the room then across to the fill station anyhow.

It's like buying a BMW with a lifetime oil changes . Then next year they start with the only 5 years included for new BMWs . Does that mean you still can't get them on the first car ,NO just they changed it for the ones purchased now.

If you bought it when they told you it is good forever, then go by what they said. Bring it back & use it. If someone says something - explain that it was purchased 7 years ago when the rules were different from now.

Enjoy your trip.

I can't understand how Disney would change the rules right in the middle of everything. We bought our first mugs in 1997 and there were signs posted all over the place saying they were good for that trip at that resort only. Not forever.

...Only one mug has survived - the dog ate the other one...

This does raise a refillable mug question that I've never seen debated on the DIS: if the dog or cat eats a refillable mug, can the dog or cat be refilled for life or only for los? :)

As long as I have been going and my first trip was when EPCOT opened the mugs have not been forever but for length of stay at the resort you bought them at. I would not be surprised if it said it someone one the surviving mug.
If the OP was TOLD it was forever they were misinformed.
Now will they stop her using it? perhaps not.

This does raise a refillable mug question that I've never seen debated on the DIS: if the dog or cat eats a refillable mug, can the dog or cat be refilled for life or only for los? :)

In all the time I have been lurking around, this is probably the funniest thing I have EVER read!! :rotfl2:

When we started coming to WDW we bought our first cups at the CBR, probably about 20 years ago. We were told by the CM's that these were good forever. We stayed at other resorts and the CM's told us the same thing. I don't know when it changed to length of stay.

It's not the refilling of our dogs that's a problem it's the constant emptying...

Then don't empty it.

Of course that causes a problem because it then is not a refillable mug,

If it is never empty.:duck:

iv been useing my allstarsa mugs for 8 years 3 to 4 times a year ,,,,noone has ever sais a word to me and i see it everytrip..so go use it for ever ,,im going to,,,,

We bought our mugs at WL about 6 or 7 years ago. We were not only told they are refillable for life, but if they broke just bring it back and they would replace it free. I'm not kidding. I never saw a sign saying for length of stay at that time of purchase. Maybe I missed it.

I have been going to WDW every year since 1996 and have bought mugs each and every trip (even when going twice in the same year). It was always posted that the mugs were good for that one length of stay. My husband and I have really been amused at some people who will even bring mugs from home to fill!!:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I have been going to WDW every year since 1996 and have bought mugs each and every trip (even when going twice in the same year). It was always posted that the mugs were good for that one length of stay. My husband and I have really been amused at some people who will even bring mugs from home to fill!!:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I have taken nearly 40 trips staying at WDW resorts since 1992 and haven't until the last year or so seen anything about the length of stay rule. Where was it posted at the WL? We have stayed at WL about 27 times and I never noticed until recently. Maybe I'm not very aware of my surroundings.

You must really get your jollies off watching the 7/11 and misc. mugs used at the WDW resorts. It's a nice bonus that this entertains you people.

We bought ours in 2001 and were told they were good forever. I bring my mug back every year and will continue to do so. My son bought one last Feb. and was told that it was only good for the length of his stay, therefore, we won't bring that one back with us, but for the one that we originally bought...you betcha!!

When we stayed at CBR in 2000 the mugs were available in the room with a sign that said they were good for life. There is nothing on them that states otherwise. And if we ever return to CBR, you can bet I'll be taking those back. I'm pretty sure that Disney would honor the terms under which they originally sold them to me.

Now since then I've collected mugs from other resorts that are clearly marked "Length of Stay only" So clearly their policy has changed. But that can't be retroactive to cups already sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter