>> Refillable Mug FAQ <<

This doesn't help anybody, but at Restaurantosaurus behind the counter there are 'souvenir' mugs for seven dollars that seem to look exactly like the handled resort mugs. I don't recall seeing those before.... Excess inventory??

This doesn't help anybody, but at Restaurantosaurus behind the counter there are 'souvenir' mugs for seven dollars that seem to look exactly like the handled resort mugs. I don't recall seeing those before.... Excess inventory??
You got it, looks like they will be all handless.

I was at POR from Oct. 14 - 23 and they only had red, blue, pink and purple mugs all with no handles.

I didn't find the no handles to be that much of a pain. It looks like a lot of dads/husbands/boyfriends/brothers had the same idea. Fill the mugs, and fill those cargo shorts side pockets.

There was a few times i brought food and drinks back to the room. I think if the mugs had handles, I may have had more difficulty travelling to and from the food court so at least in MY case, the no handles were better.

But to address an earlier post, we checked in and because our room wasn't ready, we went straight to the food court for lunch, activated our mugs and were eating and drinking within 30 minutes of checking in. For the trip home, we had to be on the DME at 7:50am. I was able to use my mug 10 minutes before we left.

Last edited:

It looks like a lot of dads/husbands/boyfriends/brothers had the same idea. Fill the mugs, and fill those cargo shorts side pockets.

While I'm glad people are rather genius in the ways they solve problems, WDW should be ashamed that they have created a situation where people have to do this. That's should be embarrassing to disney. Here, pay 5k and carry your filled mugs in your pockets! That'll go on their website soon...

While I'm glad people are rather genius in the ways they solve problems, WDW should be ashamed that they have created a situation where people have to do this. That's should be embarrassing to disney. Here, pay 5k and carry your filled mugs in your pockets! That'll go on their website soon...
Not sure what the problem is. No one has to put the mug in their pocket. Carry it. And if you have so many to carry, draft one of your children to carry some. Or use a carrier, that Disney provides.

It's kind of funny. Starbucks doesn't have handles. McDonald's doesn't have handles. They all use carriers. But, oh no, Disney doesn't have handles. How could they??

Someone on another message board reported seeing both no handle mugs and mugs with handles at POR yesterday. Those handled mugs seem to keep popping up but not sticking around very long.

Of course they are not sticking around. People want them. I'm sure if they are put out, they fly off the shelves.

People are reporting mugs with handles at multiple resorts so I don't think it's like they found a stash. Also I heard someone saw a pink handled mug which unless I'm mistaken is a new color.

People are reporting mugs with handles at multiple resorts so I don't think it's like they found a stash. Also I heard someone saw a pink handled mug which unless I'm mistaken is a new color.

I would love a pink handled mug!!!!

For some reason, I've had the idea that when the no-handle issue "blew up" this summer, there were reports that since guests overwhelmingly said they wanted handled mugs or at least the option of a handled mug that reliable sources were saying the resorts would once again be getting handled mugs some time in November. I have no idea where I read that (and I've tried to find the original post here and elsewhere), but it's starting to look like that might be accurate. There have been more reports of handled mugs appearing at various resorts in the last week than there have in the last 2 months.

Last edited:
I just saw a post from yesterday on a Disney Facebook food-related fan page that included a picture of the standard large mug display at Pop Century. Four full shelves of mugs -- red and blue mugs had handles; pink and purple mugs did not. Looks like the handles are making a comeback. I'm hoping they keep both styles of mugs because even though I want a handle on my mug, I realize not everyone does.

Pink mugs with handles at The Mara (AKL) ... It's a really bright pink - almost neon! Also blue, red, and purple. Looks like they have about 1/2 with handles and 1/2 without. Cashier said they just got them this afternoon. Hope this helps!:ccat:

Last edited:
Pink mugs with handles at The Mara (AKL) ... It's a really bright pink - almost neon! Also blue, red, and purple. Looks like they have about 1/2 with handles and 1/2 without. Cashier said they just got them this afternoon. Hope this helps!:ccat:
So happy

Pink, red, blue, and purple with and without handles at OKW. No green.

Here is a picture of the pink mug.

Attachments

• IMG_1661.JPG
    IMG_1661.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
I for one love handles. I grab a drink and drink it on the way to the park. Rinse off at park and hang it from my backpack. When I went with my nieces and they were in a stroller I could attach to the stroller with a Carabineer. I also think it is easier for children to have a handle to carry the drinks around.

Another option that I have seen elsewhere is to have a loop/handle in the lid. This would work for me hanging on the backpack.

I guess it would be perfect if they had both options available.

Does anyone know if you check in and have the dining plan but don't like the choices at your resort and find a mug at another resort, can you get it there?

I for one love handles. I grab a drink and drink it on the way to the park. Rinse off at park and hang it from my backpack. When I went with my nieces and they were in a stroller I could attach to the stroller with a Carabineer. I also think it is easier for children to have a handle to carry the drinks around.

Another option that I have seen elsewhere is to have a loop/handle in the lid. This would work for me hanging on the backpack.

Does anyone know if you check in and have the dining plan but don't like the choices at your resort and find a mug at another resort, can you get it there?
When you purchase your mugs, they ask if you are on the dining plan. So, I guess you could get the mugs at another resort.

Mugs aren't tied to a resort or a dining plan. You can purchase your mug from any resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter