Reedy Creek Fire Station

I bought one at the above mentioned firehouse in DW that says MKFD on it. Very simple, pretty cool.

Reedy Creek Fire Station ( 1 2)
disneydreamer1970 Today 02:52 PM
by tjl1388 20 61,344

i don't know how to link the image but there's been nearly 20,000 views in one hour??????

Just to let you all know, we are always glad to show visitors the Fire Station aka known as "Dalmatian Station" at WDW. I'm a secretary there and we've welcomed visitors from all over the world and proudly shown them our station. If you wish to purchase tee shirts, they are available at our Station 4 which is on Buena Vista Drive, across from the Saratoga Springs Resort. If you stop by, do ask for me - Pat.
That's wondreful. my boys (and DH) will be so happy to hear this.

This is so awesome! I too am from a firefighting family. My Dad was a firefighter all my life and now DH is a Fire/Rescue/Dive Team member. My DD is a junior firefighter too.

We would love to take a tour! Going to schedule that for our next trip!

Kimba

the question becomes... would you stop into a fire house in say, oakbrook, Il and ask to buy t-shirts? in MK to the right of City Hall is the old fire house, they have Fire and Police related stuff there.

Heck, I have a tee shirt from the Los Angeles morgue.

I like the Reedy Creek one! Might have to order one. Or walk over and buy one next time I stay at Saratoga Springs.

Oh my gosh. Thank you everyone for your responses. And to the question of if we would stop at a firestation in Oakbrook, IL. The answer is YES. DH and DS love to visit fire stations, in fact, DH plans on going back to the station in Nassau when we go on our cruise in May. We have met the nicest people in fire stations that have become great friends.

As for Brad, he and his family and friends will be in our prayers.

Thank you....Trish

The counter on this thread has shot up tremendously again-

75K.jpg

I'm starting to suspect something related to another situation I've always wondered about, but you never know...

:confused:

The counter on this thread has shot up tremendously again-

75K.jpg

I'm starting to suspect something related to another situation I've always wondered about, but you never know...

:confused:
WHy is the counter moving so quickly. 75,000 views at 4;30. ALmost 90,000 1/2 and hour later?

WHy is the counter moving so quickly. 75,000 views?

I have my own thoughts as to why,
but we know these are NOT the actual number of views.

Its now up to about 90K views.

Hmmm.tht's strange.

Also, I edited my previous post but there's no "edited by collcass" showing in the post

Just to let you all know, we are always glad to show visitors the Fire Station aka known as "Dalmatian Station" at WDW. I'm a secretary there and we've welcomed visitors from all over the world and proudly shown them our station. If you wish to purchase tee shirts, they are available at our Station 4 which is on Buena Vista Drive, across from the Saratoga Springs Resort. If you stop by, do ask for me - Pat.

Pat,
Are the shirt sizes "true to size". I wear XL but sometimes they fit more like a L.

Welcome to the DIS, Pat. :firefight You might be getting another visitor, me, in a couple months. :cool1: Nice to see you here. :thumbsup2

I used to be a volunteer firefighter and first responder so fire stations still hold a spot in my heart. Have always wanted to stop in and peek around, think my kids would love it but DH thinks it is a little silly. Might have to over-rule him on this in a few months. :)

Robo, care to share your theories on the post count? I am intrigued.....

Robo, care to share your theories on the post count? I am intrigued.....

I just checked back to see how things were going here and I am not surprised at what I found.

I don't think it is wise for me to say more at this juncture.
Not gonna doit.
Wouldn't be prudent.

DanaCarvey-GeoBush-2.jpg

:happytv: Classic! That one ranks up there with the mock debate between Bush and Gore. Remember......"Lockbox" and "Strategery":rotfl2:

I have gotten multiple "database errors" today, and I have never seen that before. Perhaps that has something to do with the wacky post count for the thread?

the question becomes... would you stop into a fire house in say, oakbrook, Il and ask to buy t-shirts? in MK to the right of City Hall is the old fire house, they have Fire and Police related stuff there.

ok, it just seemed odd to me to stop into a working fire station and do some tourist shopping. I had no idea it was common place.

Just like the Dis is really a large group of people who have one special thing in common, everything Disney, so too is the community of First Responders (Police, Fire, EMS). In fact, it's a smaller, closer knit group that's really a family. There are only probably 1.5 to 2 million first responders (as of the last estimate that I saw somewhere, can't find the reference at the moment) in the entire USA, and yet, they DO feel a sense of community even stronger/tighter than that inspired by Disney.

Having, unfortunately, been to a couple of Line Of Duty firefighter deaths (I've been in EMS for 20 yrs now), I can honestly say that firefighters from hundreds, sometimes THOUSANDS, of miles away will come to pay their respects. It IS a community of brothers and sisters, and so stopping by a "new" department is really like visiting your extended family.

Just checking, is the "Dalmatian Station" Station 1, over near the Boardwalk? I've had the pleasure of touring there (must have been about 2000 or so), and people were exceptionally nice. Still, at the time I thought it was the "Lego" station :thumbsup2

Enjoy the Magic!

Thanks for the info...

And a BIG hello to all my Brothers and Sisters! :thumbsup2

:firefight

I just checked back to see how things were going here and I am not surprised at what I found.

I don't think it is wise for me to say more at this juncture.
Not gonna doit.
Wouldn't be prudent.

DanaCarvey-GeoBush-2.jpg
This brings back memories of the good ol' days when Dana Carvey was the President and the Church Lady all in one!!! Thanks for making me laugh.:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter