• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Recommendation for fan/white noise?

This is the one I have. I can't remember where I got it. Might have been Bed Bath & Beyond or Kmart. It was $19. I really like it because it's small, has a large clock and can run on 2 C batteries or the included AC adapter. There are 6 sound settings. I use White Noise.

They have one on ebay. Current bid is $14.50.

Homedics Travel Sound Spa Alarm Clock
db_1_b.JPG

Hi,

We've had the sleep machine from Radio Shack for years. Dh still sees it when he shops there, and it runs from $30.00 to $40.00. We like the tropical rain setting!

Best wishes! Following is an excerpt from the website, but we could not find the machine to buy online. Dh is adamant that it is at the store though.

Barbara
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Operating The Sleep Machine

Follow these steps to use the Sleep Machine.

1. Set ON/OFF/TIMED to OFF.

2. Set HAWAIIAN SURF/TROPICAL RAIN/NIGHT TRAIN to the desired setting.

3. Set ON/OFF/TIMED to ON to turn on the machine.

4. Adjust VOLUME to a comfortable listening level.

To use the sleep feature, set ON/OFF/TIMED to TIMED. The Sleep Machine
automatically turns off in 30 minutes. The soothing sound gradually
fades away in the last 10 minutes before the machine turns itself off.

I did the same thing another poster did---I turned the tv to a non-station and dimmed it. Or you can do a radio as well. I use a sound machine at home to drown out dh's snoring. It currently resides in my 2.5 yr old son's room to drown out the noisy sisters getting ready for school in the morning. I just use the monitor to listen to it with him.

DG

I don't know how to put a picture inside a post but have you considered a table top sized air purifier? I have one similar to this: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/prod...6324&type=1&dept=5428&path=0:5428:92523:46324 and the noise is awesome!! Not only that but if there is any mold at all in the room it will make it feel fresh and clean! I have wicked bad allergies so I have a big one that constantly runs in my living room and one in my bedroom. Might wanna check it out since it's less than the one at JC Penny *and* it serves two purposes.

Alot of great suggestions!!!!
I actually did a little more research and ended up purchasing the Sleep Mate. It was under $50 and I had a coupon from Penneys.

From what I recall when I had the Homedics sound machine was that the rythmns from the sounds (crickets, waves, stream) kept me from falling asleep as I seemed to constantly listen to the "up and down" like dclwdwlover explained. Of course this was years and years ago, and perhaps they've improved, but I'm such a light sleeper, I imagine its probably me!

bostonlass - I've haven't actually tried a purifier, but thats a great suggestion too. My DS has a vaporizer in his room and I know when I was between fans I used that on the loud speed and it worked like a charm!

Zandy595- thanks for the info - that sound machine sure does look quite sophisticated, and its nice with the clock.

Thanks again everybody!

:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter