• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Recipes- Boneless chicken thighs

AmericangirlinFrance

DIS Veteran
I have a bag of frozen boneless chicken thighs. Give me your best recipes, preferably on the simple and healthy side! Thanks! :)

Edited to add: I don't own a crock-pot, so those recipes are out.

First, trim all visible fat for any recipe you use. Even when they're boneless/skinless they can be greasy if you don't trim them, and they're very healthy without the fat.

Really, any recipe that you can do in a crock pot you can do with a casserole in a low temp oven for a few hours.

I put mine with either, BBQ sauce (I like Dinosaur sauce), Marinara, or Recaito sauce. It really is as simple as putting in the trimmed chicken, pouring on a sauce and braising in a 290 or 300 degree oven for at least 2 hours or until the meat is fall apart tender. You can then serve them over either noodles or rice.

Look up other crock pot recipes you think you'd like and just do them in a slow/low oven.

DH grills and glazed them and they're delicious, but when I try doing it they turn out rubbery. Slow/long cooking them is easier for me.

my mil has a recipe for chicken chow main. She cooks the chicken with salt pepper, celery, carrots and whatever other veggies she has in the house. when the chicken is done she adds hoo mee gravy mix, water and soy sauce...

Take the thighs and shake in a bag with bread crumbs to evenly coat.

Take one can (any style) of tomatoes, some minced garlic, and blend in the blender.

Add some olive oil to a skillet and brown both sides of the chicken. Add the tomato mixture, cover and simmer until chicken is cooked all the way through. The sauce will thicken as it cooks. Add salt and pepper to taste. :thumbsup2

Marinade in Italian Dressing and grill--we use Kraft Zesty Italian.

Dh is making some rolled in crushed up french fried onions. They will be done in about 5 minutes. I'll let you know how they are.

We also like them coated with ranch dressing and then rolled in crushed up croutons--even our kids' picky, picky eating friends like these.

I salt and pepper them, cook them in a bit of olive oil. I usually cook a bunch of onions sliced in rings with the chicken. When cooked, add a can or two of diced tomatoes, some Italian seasoning and a few dashes of cinnamon. It's yummy!

Easy pour salsa over the chicken and cook the chicken is done. I love salsa chicken.

Thanks everybody! I will definitely try those out. I baked some last week, and while they were good, there was a lot of fat and skin to pick off, which majorly grossed me out! So I think I will try to trim all that off.

Definitely gonna try marinating in some Italian dressing, or with salsa.

Keep the recipes coming!

Baked in Yoshida sauce. YUM! Or mix 1 bottle of barbecue sauce, 1/4 c brown sugar, and 1 Coke ---Pepsi if you must---but NOT DIET! This is actually a crock pot recipe, but as someone else mentioned you can also do it in the oven at about 350*.

Also, my friend's husband cubes a few potatoes, then mixes them with a couple tablespoons of olive oil, a squeeze of lime or lemon juice, some salt and pepper, some fresh cilantro (you could skip that if you don't have it, it makes a flavor difference but it is still good without it) one chopped onion, and one or two chopped tomatoes. He pours all of that over the chicken and bakes it in the oven until the potatoes are cooked and browned, which will be about the same time chicken thighs are done. When he isn't feeding me, he also chops up a jalapeno in there. If you like spicy stuff, try that too. :)

I love when I can stretch one package into several meals.

Soup and More:
Poach them with some carrots, celery, and onion.
Keep the fat on for best flavor.. makes decent chicken broth to use later (freeze it) , shred the chicken and have in tacos/enchiladas or some type of casserole. Save some to use in chicken soup.. two meals from one pkg :thumbsup2

OR
Chicken Tacos and Enchiladas:
Crockpot idea but you can do a low temp cook on stove top.
I use frozen chicken (breasts or thighs) , 1 cup chicken broth, one packet of taco seasoning (low sodium) . (Crockpot on low for 4 to 6 hours)

Chicken will be very tender, take out and shred with fork, toss back into liquid.. yum! Chicken tacos!

Leftovers become enchiladas - corn tortillas, dab of cream cheese, taco meat (strained), cheese.
Roll tortillas and top with salsa verde (mix in a bit of the strained taco liquid) and cheese.
Bake in oven until bubbly.

Well I think you should try and make chilli chicken with those boneless pieces of chicken.

Cut them small bite size cubes and apply salt, white pepper powder and garlic powder and keep to marinate for 10 - 15 minutes.

Make a batter with corn starch, all purpose flour, beaten egg and salt. Make sure it is lumbs free. Coat the chicken pieces with this batter and fry them till crisp golden. Remove in an absorbent paper to absorb any excess oil.
Now stir fry them. Fry chopped garlic, ginger and onions till light brown. Add some cubes of vegetables like mushroom, bell peppers, onion and capsicum.
Pour little water and simmer them for 2 minutes. Add red chilly sauce, dark soya sauce, vinegar, salt and white pepper powder.

If you like to make it spicy then add chilli powder (cayenne) . Add the fried chicken pieces and mix well.

Make a corn flour slurry and pour into the sauce to make it thicken. Taste the seasoning and when the sauce thickens and we'll coated with chicken pieces remove and enjoy.

You can make it saucy as well to enjoy as a side dish with fried rice and noodles.

Rosemary Dijon Chicken and Potatoes is one of our absolute favourite recipes and so easy to make. (The link is for a freezer recipe, but I have never frozen it. I always just make it fresh.) The great thing about thighs is that the meat doesn't dry out as quickly as chicken breasts do in the oven.

As someone mentioned above, make sure your chicken thighs are well-trimmed. Only use fresh rosemary in this meal as dried rosemary doesn't impart any flavour and typically just ends up being dry sticks. I have done this in a baking pan and also as a sheet pan meal. If I do it on a sheet pan, I line my baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray to make clean-up easier.

(Okay, the Ziploc website doesn't seem to be working, so I will try and put the recipe here. I have made some modifications to the recipe. Originally, it was freezer meal to dump into a crockpot, but I definitely feel like the oven is the way to go with this one.)

¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
3 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. ground black pepper
4 medium-sized Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into large chunks
6 boneless and skinless chicken thighs, well-trimmed, cut into large chunks if desired

In a large bowl, whisk to combine olive oil, mustard, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Add potatoes and chicken and toss until evenly coated. Pour everything into a 9x13 baking pan and bake at 400 degrees, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are golden brown and tender, about 1 hour.

That's funny! I totally missed that! Hopefully some new recipes will inspire others with menu ideas during this time of quarantine.

Very true. Your recipe looks great, but chicken thighs aren't really a thing here (except at part of a whole chicken or chicken leg); I've never seen boneless, skinless chicken thighs. I do substitute chicken breasts but, as you note, they often come out a bit drier.

Rosemary Dijon Chicken and Potatoes is one of our absolute favourite recipes and so easy to make. (The link is for a freezer recipe, but I have never frozen it. I always just make it fresh.) The great thing about thighs is that the meat doesn't dry out as quickly as chicken breasts do in the oven.

As someone mentioned above, make sure your chicken thighs are well-trimmed. Only use fresh rosemary in this meal as dried rosemary doesn't impart any flavour and typically just ends up being dry sticks. I have done this in a baking pan and also as a sheet pan meal. If I do it on a sheet pan, I line my baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray to make clean-up easier.

(Okay, the Ziploc website doesn't seem to be working, so I will try and put the recipe here. I have made some modifications to the recipe. Originally, it was freezer meal to dump into a crockpot, but I definitely feel like the oven is the way to go with this one.)

¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
3 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. ground black pepper
4 medium-sized Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into large chunks
6 boneless and skinless chicken thighs, well-trimmed, cut into large chunks if desired

In a large bowl, whisk to combine olive oil, mustard, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Add potatoes and chicken and toss until evenly coated. Pour everything into a 9x13 baking pan and bake at 400 degrees, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are golden brown and tender, about 1 hour.

That sounds delicious..going to try it this weekend. Thanks! For a zombie thread, I'm glad someone brought it back up,,it gave me some new chicken ideas!

Very true. Your recipe looks great, but chicken thighs aren't really a thing here (except at part of a whole chicken or chicken leg); I've never seen boneless, skinless chicken thighs. I do substitute chicken breasts but, as you note, they often come out a bit drier.
It’s interesting that they aren’t a thing where you are. They are always available at my grocery and are my go to choice when buying chicken, as they don’t dry out as much as some other parts do. I usually braise them, and then use them in other recipes, like chicken pot pie or chicken and noodles.

It’s interesting that they aren’t a thing where you are. They are always available at my grocery and are my go to choice when buying chicken, as they don’t dry out as much as some other parts do. I usually braise them, and then use them in other recipes, like chicken pot pie or chicken and noodles.

I should say that "where I am" is France, so a lot of things are different. But, I'm Canadian, so I am familiar with them (and still have recipes where I'd prefer using them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter