Recent Visit - My Thoughts

I am one of the Bay Area folks so about 5 to 6 hour drive. Honestly without the Flexpass I would not be one. With Southwest flights usually being under 100 round trip I opt to fly and try to only go when I am able to fly. We will drive if we have too.
We drive because going to most of the available airports would be the same time as driving. And we actually enjoy it. We leave after my daughter gets done teaching for the day, and it is usually a decent drive.

And I guess I raised my kids right as they all enjoy going with mom. And the grandkids are loving it. We generally take a slower pace. In fact, earlier this month, we celebrated (and are still celebrating) my 60th birthday at DIsneyland, and my daughter and 1 did *1* ride the entire weekend. (Other kids did a lot more!)

I've had my pass for 20+ years now. I've told my daughter I will keep it as long as it makes me happy. When I start getting grumpy, I will give it up!

We left San Diego a few years ago and now live in Tucson. I have co-workers who live in Salt Lake City, Denver, Chicago, Nevada and Phoenix who all have passes. All of us are former southern California residents though so maybe thats it. We just got sick of the taxes and politics and left. But we still love our old home and the Disneyland we grew up with. But having said that, we probably will not be renewing our passes when they expire later next month. We just don't see a lot of value right now with all of the cuts. Maybe next year if the ROTR attraction turns out to be a success.

You took the words right out of my mouth! LOL My niece just moved to Phx this past weekend from CA. My sister is retiring in Idaho. We did not renew our passes because the value isn't there for us now. I am hoping Disneyland will realize they need to bring back the entertainment, keep the interesting foods that people eat (not the same thing at each location), etc. Then, we will think about getting APs again.

We drive because going to most of the available airports would be the same time as driving. And we actually enjoy it. We leave after my daughter gets done teaching for the day, and it is usually a decent drive.

And I guess I raised my kids right as they all enjoy going with mom. And the grandkids are loving it. We generally take a slower pace. In fact, earlier this month, we celebrated (and are still celebrating) my 60th birthday at DIsneyland, and my daughter and 1 did *1* ride the entire weekend. (Other kids did a lot more!)

I've had my pass for 20+ years now. I've told my daughter I will keep it as long as it makes me happy. When I start getting grumpy, I will give it up!
Do you have one of the older now non-existent APs or do you get a current AP type?

Do you have one of the older now non-existent APs or do you get a current AP type?

The only AP you can renew but not buy new is the Southern California one (not SoCal Select-that one you can still buy but has TONS of blockouts) so not one any of us just out of the area passholders would have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter