Recent Visit - My Thoughts

I wish Mobile Ordering coded as a restaurant. Last year when I went a lot of the quick serve would code as restaurant on the Chase Sapphire Reserve and Amex card but if you used mobile order it didn't... so you give up all those bonus points :(

I use both an Amex Gold and a Chase Sapphire Reserve and I use mobile order several times every month, and have used it since it was introduced. It has always coded as a restaurant. When I use it, the charge comes through on my credit card as the name of the restaurant, same as swiping the card physically. It shows as, for example: Hungry Bear-DL and is categorized as "Restaurant" and earns me either 3% or 4% depending on which card.

Thanks for the report, love the low attendance though I know Disney doesn't like it.
The Bad - I have to say that I absolutely hate the paper straws.

I really hate the Matterhorn now. I just can't get comfortable at all being a tall big guy. I have rode it for the last time.
I've gotten to the point with all this foolishness with straw-gate that I just started bringing some with me to places. My preference are the McDonald's straws, but bring you own and just make sure you take them home or they go in the garbage. I respect not having them at AK but beyond that I'm a responsible consumer and make sure they go in the trash.

I agree about Matterhorn and I felt the same with Space mountain even. I hurt after Matterhorn and I hurt after Space in MK, not so bad at Disneyland but still not a comfortable ride.

I use both an Amex Gold and a Chase Sapphire Reserve and I use mobile order several times every month, and have used it since it was introduced. It has always coded as a restaurant. When I use it, the charge comes through on my credit card as the name of the restaurant, same as swiping the card physically. It shows as, for example: Hungry Bear-DL and is categorized as "Restaurant" and earns me either 3% or 4% depending on which card.

Are you sure it actually posts that way? I think it was last year (maybe the year before? Was mobile order around then?) when I gave it a shot. I went a little crazy and bought a bunch of stuff one day (trying all the Halloween stuff) and it all showed as pending with the restaurant name and coding as a restaurant and then once it finally posted it changed to “Disney’s dining - mobile purchase” or something...

Are you sure it actually posts that way? I think it was last year (maybe the year before? Was mobile order around then?) when I gave it a shot. I went a little crazy and bought a bunch of stuff one day (trying all the Halloween stuff) and it all showed as pending with the restaurant name and coding as a restaurant and then once it finally posted it changed to “Disney’s dining - mobile purchase” or something...

Yes, I am positive. I am very fanatical about tracking my points earnings. It even codes as Food&Drink on my Chase Disney Visa rather than as a "Disney" purchase.

Actually, when the charge is pending, it says "Mobile Order-DL Food & beverage" but when it goes through, it changes to the restaurant name and shows under the Restaurant category.

I went yesterday as well as last weekend and so have both pending and posted mobile order charges and I just looked at my credit card account online to verify.

I don't feel particularly strongly on the straws one way or the other, but it's kinda nice to see that it's working as they hoped. When no longer offered, people come up with their own alternatives that are less wasteful.

And they saw supply and demand and now sell plastic straws.

Is the straw thing a Disney issue or a California issue? We leave for Legoland in two weeks. I know this isn’t a Legoland board, but hypothetically speaking, would a person traveling generally in California want to pack some straws? 😉

More and more places have paper straws, and some are better than others. I just ordered reusable straws for my daughter, because she refuses to use a paper straw. :) The ones I ordered came in a pack of 10, and came with 4 cases with a hook, and have portable cleaners as well.

Yes, Legoland also banned plastic straws.

And no, I don't think they're aware of the irony of trying to be responsible by limiting the use of plastic.
I lol'ed for real, hahahaha.

Is the straw thing a Disney issue or a California issue? We leave for Legoland in two weeks. I know this isn’t a Legoland board, but hypothetically speaking, would a person traveling generally in California want to pack some straws? 😉

I would say yes, bring your own straws. A lot of table service restaurants will not offer you a straw but will be given out if you ask.

Yes, I am positive. I am very fanatical about tracking my points earnings. It even codes as Food&Drink on my Chase Disney Visa rather than as a "Disney" purchase.

Actually, when the charge is pending, it says "Mobile Order-DL Food & beverage" but when it goes through, it changes to the restaurant name and shows under the Restaurant category.

I went yesterday as well as last weekend and so have both pending and posted mobile order charges and I just looked at my credit card account online to verify.

Well that’s great news! And it earns 4x on the Amex gold? :)

I’ll be charging everything to that and I’ll probably go wild again with the Halloween treats this year... mobile order makes it so easy to just get one thing from a bunch of different places, lol

Eeek. I am renting a car at SNA on my upcoming trip. I guess I will deal, only keeping it one night. Hertz had a great deal and I figured it was easier than Uber’ing all over LA. Returning it before the Disneyland portion of our trip.

And thanks for the reminder to bring silicon straws in my purse!

Well that’s great news! And it earns 4x on the Amex gold? :)

I’ll be charging everything to that and I’ll probably go wild again with the Halloween treats this year... mobile order makes it so easy to just get one thing from a bunch of different places, lol

Yes, the AMEX Gold now gives you 4x on dining and groceries. They upped it several months ago when they introduced the new benefits package for that card. I rotate the payment method on my Disney account depending on where we are in the billing cycle of each and where we are trying to earn the most points at any given time.

It is becoming an everywhere issue. Here in Canada there are many places with just the paper straws now.

Reactions: EmJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter