Recent stays at Royal Pacific?

MikkiSpouse

Earning My Ears
Hi, my wife and I are booked in a King Suite at the RPR next week thanks to a great passholder discount deal. We have previously stayed at the Hard Rock and Portofino Bay and enjoyed both, the Portofino in particular. I am seeing mostly negative reviews being posted on Tripadvisor recently for RPR and am getting cold feet. Complaints about dirty rooms, bad food, barking dogs, and disinterested staff. I'd appreciate any feedback from folks who have stayed recently if possible.

Thanks in advance!

Hi, my wife and I are booked in a King Suite at the RPR next week thanks to a great passholder discount deal. We have previously stayed at the Hard Rock and Portofino Bay and enjoyed both, the Portofino in particular. I am seeing mostly negative reviews being posted on Tripadvisor recently for RPR and am getting cold feet. Complaints about dirty rooms, bad food, barking dogs, and disinterested staff. I'd appreciate any feedback from folks who have stayed recently if possible.

Thanks in advance!

I always take negative TripAdvisor reviews with a grain of salt.

Not to say they're invalid complaints, but it's often the very vocal minority who are the quickest to make sure to voice their displeasure vs. people who had a great time. So it may slant perception more to the negative than is real.

Following because we currently have a room booked at RP for January. We stayed at PB in May and loved the large rooms and everything about the hotel. We wanted to try a different hotel this time.

Just stayed there this past week. First time and it was fine. Only issue was that the hallways were cold after being in the pool. Beds were awesome. Security was great (long story). That being said when we went to Portofino for Sal's and I stepped off the boat, I loved the familiar feels.

We were there Labor Day weekend and it was fine. We were in tower 3 which I don’t believe normally has dogs so never heard a dog barking. Room was fine (I think they are dated but it was clean and we loved the shower). No issues at all during our stay. We were also there in June with no issues. Club level that stay.

Just stayed there this past week. First time and it was fine. Only issue was that the hallways were cold after being in the pool. Beds were awesome. Security was great (long story). That being said when we went to Portofino for Sal's and I stepped off the boat, I loved the familiar feels.

This x100. We are here now, room is fine/clean no issues, staff has been great, sushi and drinks in the lounge :thumbsup2 . However the hallways aren't just cold they are freezing which is a strange thing to complain about in Florida in Sept. LOL

Thanks in advance!
If you don't mind sharing, how much is your nightly rate with the AP discount? I am looking to stay there sometime in January or February and wondered how much my AP will discount the room rate? Thanks.

If you don't mind sharing, how much is your nightly rate with the AP discount? I am looking to stay there sometime in January or February and wondered how much my AP will discount the room rate? Thanks.
It varies day to day, but for the dates we were staying $189-$209 was typical for a standard room at the 3 deluxe resorts. We paid around $270 for the king suite I believe.

I was there last week. Only 3 things I wasn’t a fan of - food options (or lack of!), and the pool. The bars around the boat/splash area were rusty. Like - bad rusty. And, there was always a ton of debris in the pool. I know there are lots of trees surrounding the pool, but it was kind of yuck to be walking around on leaves/flowers, and sand from the sand beach. Last complaint - I guess I’m used to Disney hotels, and never really being exposed to people smoking. We ate breakfast out by the water fountain area, and one table down had 2 hotel guests who were smoking while enjoying their breakfast. I wish there was no smoking out in that area…

Our room was clean and comfortable, and I felt the hotel was clean in general. Booked a standard view w/ an AP rate. Never asked to see my AP (and I did receive an email for online check in - which was nice, when we got in, the regular check-in line was super long). Our room was on the 7th floor, and we had an amazing view of the parks! Loved the easy walk to the parks. Rode the boat over twice when we didn’t feel like walking. Loved the ability to text if we had questions or needed something, and all staff we encouraged was kind and helpful.

Attachments

• 360657D7-A0A2-4DB6-9E88-B6BED6375C22.jpeg
    360657D7-A0A2-4DB6-9E88-B6BED6375C22.jpeg
    91.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 276B8506-4FBC-4F7B-AA76-F719618ABBC7.jpeg
    276B8506-4FBC-4F7B-AA76-F719618ABBC7.jpeg
    155.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 180E86BF-B695-489A-A6AD-3B39C1904DE2.jpeg
    180E86BF-B695-489A-A6AD-3B39C1904DE2.jpeg
    180.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 450F1095-6DF9-4054-B1C5-E9D4A749225C.jpeg
    450F1095-6DF9-4054-B1C5-E9D4A749225C.jpeg
    113.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 7D1FF2B4-0795-4D37-A819-7BFA96DA775E.jpeg
    7D1FF2B4-0795-4D37-A819-7BFA96DA775E.jpeg
    110.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 0EE17872-C528-42F3-8B9C-9B2A9B5EE936.jpeg
    0EE17872-C528-42F3-8B9C-9B2A9B5EE936.jpeg
    136.6 KB · Views: 37
We are staying for here for the first time, the end of this month!! i will post a review when we get back! Super excited as the hotel looks amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter