Recent rope drop experience at Mickey & Minnie at Town Hall?

jldeahl

Mouseketeer
We're planning to be at MK on an upcoming day that's forecasted to be a level 8 day according to Touring Plans' crowd calendar. We'd like to meet Mickey & Minnie at Town Hall, which I know is popular at the moment because they are only together (and in their special outfits) for a limited time. Anyone have tips on strategy to get in and out of there quickly at rope drop (without a FP)? Thoughts on how early we should arrive in order to be close to the front of the line?

We're planning to be at MK on an upcoming day that's forecasted to be a level 8 day according to Touring Plans' crowd calendar. We'd like to meet Mickey & Minnie at Town Hall, which I know is popular at the moment because they are only together (and in their special outfits) for a limited time. Anyone have tips on strategy to get in and out of there quickly at rope drop (without a FP)? Thoughts on how early we should arrive in order to be close to the front of the line?

By "rope drop" time (9AM,) Main Street will already be full of guests as MK's Main Street is opened to all guests at 8AM.
Its likely that there will be a line of guests waiting during that 8AM to 9AM hour.
I've seen some reports that the Mickey-Minnie Greeting may be open before 9AM.
It was not open early when we where recently visiting, however.

So if we want to be out of there as quickly as possible after 9AM, should we show up and get in line at 8AM? Is that excessive? (We are going to try to hit Big Thunder Mtn and Splash Mtn (w/ FP) before a 10:10 pirates league reservation and I'm trying to get a sense for whether we can realistically fit Mickey & Minnie in the 9AM hour too....)

I was at Mk yesterday, watched the parade for the only reason to watch the maleficent float. Grabbed my spot at the train station, as soon as the float passed I went towards the confectionery, wasn't really planning on meeting Mickey and Minnie but when I walked past town square the posted wait times of 5 minutes for them and tink , I got in line and there were only 4 parties in front of me

If it were me on that schedule I would be there at 7:30. Head straight to M&M when they let people in and just wait. Then book it to BTMRR. I think it's possible to do what you want to do, but you will need to hustle. Also, I know you said you have a FP for Splash, but the ride isn't short. Not sure where you check in for Pirate's League.

Character meets can take forever depending on the people in front of you. I would want to be the very first group in line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter