Recent experience in selling BWV contract

Doesn’t need to be the median or a few months ago. In 2021/early 2022, BLT was routinely listed and sold $180-200.

What matters is where the highest and lowest prices are, really. If I see a BLT sell for $200, I say BLT sold for $200. If I see BLT sell for $100, I say BLT sold for $100. I’m looking at highs and lows.
https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/blog/dvc-resale-average-sales-prices-for-january-2023/

We don’t really need to speculate. They track this pretty well. BLT reached a peak of $174/pt and has dropped to $163. This is data on actual sold contracts, not just what people tried to list them for.

That agency..but they are large enough to get a decent sample size for average selling prices.
It would help and be easy to do for them to provide the number of contracts sold for each resort every month. There is a difference if the average sale price is the result of 20 contracts compared to 2.

Sold at that agency or all BLT contracts?
That agency. But they are the largest one and they move a lot of contracts. It’s good data.

I should issue a correction though. If you look farther back, the price did go a bit higher.

https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/blog/dvc-resale-average-sales-prices-for-january-2022/

The middle of 2021 was really the peak, and it did briefly reach 180.

Still, 180 to 163 is a 9% drop

190 to 140 is a 26% drop

It’s a significant difference

Last edited:

That agency. But they are the largest one and they move a lot of contracts. It’s good data.

I should issue a correction though. If you look farther back, the price did go a bit higher.

https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/blog/dvc-resale-average-sales-prices-for-january-2022/

The middle of 2021 was really the peak, and it did briefly reach 180.

Still, 180 to 163 is a 9% drop

190 to 140 is a 26% drop

It’s a significant difference
Yeah, what has happened is a significant correction, or a small crash. The sky is not falling, however. SSR prices at least seem to have leveled out (I know because I keep looking for a third new contract because I have a problem).

Yeah, what has happened is a significant correction, or a small crash. The sky is not falling, however. SSR prices at least seem to have leveled out (I know because I keep looking for a third new contract because I have a problem).
Yeah I think they've leveled out now. I was hoping for a sub-90 SSR to pick up but no sellers biting even at 90. Had to go to 93 to get an accept.

I just thought that I'd post a timeline of my recent sale of my Boardwalk Villa contract. It was August UY with 29 2022 points, 200 for 2023 and 200 for 2024 and was done through the https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/ a sponsor of this site.

- Contract listed on 8/30/2022 for $149 per point. This was the recommended amount that the broker said would be a good starting point. At this time IIRC there were 42 other BWV contracts up for sale at the site.
- On 10/11/2022 I requested that the price be lowered to $147 per point since there had not been one single offer made at this point. A couple years ago I sold three other BWV contracts which had multiple offers and were sold within a month.
- On 12/1/2022 I requested that the price be lowered to $144 per point as I've yet to receive an offer.
- On 12/16/2022 I requested the price be lowered to $139 per point, still no offers.

Just so you know I was not in a big rush to sell these contracts. It wasn't like I was going through a divorce or bankrupt and needed the cash, I just wanted to cut my ties with Disney. But I was starting to get concerned that things weren't turning around since the broker was now lowering the price they said was a good starting point for newer sales and the number of contracts on their site for sale kept increasing. Was the economy and interest rates going up slowing things down? Was the 2042 end date for BWV starting to play a role in slowing sales? All I know was I was not seeing things turn around in a while so I took the broker up on an offer that they have where they will buy your contract, at a reduced price. I had asked them about this program back in November and the would pay $123 per point with that price guaranteed for 45 days, so on December 20th I took them up on that offer and as of January 27th the title company has closed the contract.

And just for a point of reference, the broker now shows 62 BWV contracts and they recommend a selling price of $136/PP and their instant buying offer is $112/PP.
Tell me more about the “instant buying offer”. I didn’t see that on the listing I was interested in on their site.

The first step towards recovery comes with acknowledging that WE have a problem 😂

People who take out loans to purchase developer points from any timeshare are generally always making a poor life decision. Disney is not an exception.
Timing is everything. I know folks who bought BWV in ‘97. Even with the recent dips in resale, they could sell at a profit.
Folks who bought resale Pre-Covid are probably upside-down if looking to sell right now.

Tell me more about the “instant buying offer”. I didn’t see that on the listing I was interested in on their site.
The instant buying was when someone wants to sell their contract and the broker will buy it, not for someone else to buy a contract.

The instant buying was when someone wants to sell their contract and the broker will buy it, not for someone else to buy a contract.
Gotcha - Thanks!
Then the broker just assumes the risk of ROFR??

Gotcha - Thanks!
Well, the broker isn't in the business of holding onto points, so if Disney grabs the contract, the broker still gets their money. The seller is still paying commission.

Gotcha - Thanks!

Yes and I think they are expecting it to get taken because the offer is usually well below market rates.

In my case, it would have been $118 and I sold for $120 to a buyer which was taken. So, had I done the instant sale, the broker Would have made commission without having to actually buy.

It would help and be easy to do for them to provide the number of contracts sold for each resort every month. There is a difference if the average sale price is the result of 20 contracts compared to 2.
they should also do a weighted average for the contracts. A 25 point contract selling at a premium can skew the results.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter