Rebecca & Allen/ Sept. 6, 2010/WP/Fantasmic DP/TOTS

Congrats on the engagement!!

I love your two venue ideas...being married right there on stage! How unique!!

If you have a dinner reception there, would it have to be held after park hours?

Congrats on the engagement!!

I love your two venue ideas...being married right there on stage! How unique!!

If you have a dinner reception there, would it have to be held after park hours?

It would be around 8:30 pm i believe. So not too late.

I love the idea of being inside DHS for your ceremony. I have seen pictures from a really beautiful reception in the Muppet Courtyard before. We had a joint MK/DHS shoot and I love some of our shots in front of the Great Movie Ride and Rock'n Rollercoaster. We were married in Epcot and our guests were blown away by attending a ceremony in a theme park; I'm sure your guests will love it too. Looking forward to seeing how your plans unfold.

Congratulations on your engagement!

I love your idea for theming so far! I wish I was more familiar with the places you WDW brides are talking about, but I imagine they're gorgeous! They sound like it at least. :goodvibes

I am so happy for you!!!!! :goodvibes I hope that they allow the extra 5. They didn't when I asked but hopefully if you express how much you really want it they will.

If you just have the ceremony there, do they let you do it in the morning?

:yay::woohoo::cool1::banana::cool1::woohoo::yay: They said that i could fit the extra five people!! I'm so excited. Option 1 it is! :yay::woohoo::cool1::banana::cool1::woohoo::yay:

I am so happy for you!!!!! :goodvibes I hope that they allow the extra 5. They didn't when I asked but hopefully if you express how much you really want it they will.

If you just have the ceremony there, do they let you do it in the morning?

The morning ceremonies there are in the morning before the park opens so even earlier then an epcot ceremony. They said it has to be over before 8:30 am.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!:cool1: :dance3: :cool1:

I am sooo happy and its not even my wedding. I just am so happy for you!!!

How exciting, what a cool venue for your reception :dance3: Plus, believe me after having a 9 am ceremony at Epcot, I don't think I could have handled one earlier than that in the morning. It was already a big rush to get ready and have all the pictures we wanted before the wedding.

Thats such a cool place to get married I never would have thought of it. Congrats!!!!

Thank you everyone for sharing in my excitement.

Sorry I haven't really posted much on here yet. I am graduating on may 16 (which can't come soon enough) and all of my professors have decided to make all of my assignments and tests due the same two weeks. And after those two weeks of utter madness comes finals. I can't wait for school to be over with and for "real" life to commence. Than I will hopefully be able to focus on work and the wedding.

Now for the update!
I know it's really early but we went and bought allen's wedding band. It matches mine which i love and he loves it cause he gets to wear a big expensive ring too (he won't admit it though).

I've started seriously looking online at dresses so I can go dress shopping this summer. Are there any Maggie Sottero brides on here? I was wondering if they are in my price range. If not, i have alternatives but really like a couple of the maggie dresses.

monalisaroyale_primary.jpg

This is my favorite.

Nevaya-1.jpg
saphire.jpg

Than it's a tie between these two.

I've also decided that i absolutely want red roses with white stephonitis for my bouquet.
bouquet.jpg

Like this but a french style bouquet instead of it tapering downward.

I can't decide what color to make my bride's maids dresses now that my colors are black and gold with red accents. I told one of them that they might get to wear black (which i would appreciate as a bridesmaid, being able to use the dress again) but she thought it would look bad wearing black at the wedding. :( Oh well, we shall see later on once i've decided on a few more things.

I've also decided that i would really like to do place settings similar to one of these but instead of real roses i want to either put soap roses, candles or chocolate roses.
goldnapkinwithroseplacesetting.jpg
rosenapkinplacesetting.jpg

So in place of the rose would be one of these.
7inchLSRose.jpg
chocolaterose.jpg

(chocolates)

rosecandle.jpg

(candle)

rosesoap.jpg
rose-soap-favors_1665_r.jpg

(soaps)

I haven't decided which one yet but we shall see.

Lastly, how do i change the subject on here? It still has all of my old details and i'd like to be able to change it as things evolve so if someone could fill me in on how to change it, i would really appreciate it. :)

Did you see this dress on their website? Its in one of my bridal magazines and I LOVE it, I have been eyeing it for a while and trying to talk my sister into it. Its funny that its the same designer.

trans.gif

http://www.sotteroandmidgley.com/dress.aspx?line=s&pageSize=8&style=JSM1238

Ok for some reason I can't get the IMG thing to work. I can see it and it looks right but it won't show up on the preview. Anyhoo check out the link.

I really really like the idea of wrapping a rose in a napkin (even if its not real). I think thats a great idea!

Why don't you do red bridesmaid dresses?

Did you see this dress on their website? Its in one of my bridal magazines and I LOVE it, I have been eyeing it for a while and trying to talk my sister into it. Its funny that its the same designer.

trans.gif

http://www.sotteroandmidgley.com/dress.aspx?line=s&pageSize=8&style=JSM1238

Ok for some reason I can't get the IMG thing to work. I can see it and it looks right but it won't show up on the preview. Anyhoo check out the link.

I really really like the idea of wrapping a rose in a napkin (even if its not real). I think thats a great idea!

Why don't you do red bridesmaid dresses?

I really think that red is going to be the color we go with.

I talked to my two best friends last night and told them that I want them to be my man of honor and maid of honor. We will all be in different places starting this summer because we graduate so I thought it would be good to have them both be co-honorees. My maid of honor agrees with me on red dresses. My man of honor was really hoping for royal blue but it doesn't really go. Oh well. I know he will wear whatever i ask him to. :hug:

I found out that a picture of me was in southern living magazine last month and didn't know it. I've never been in a magazine before so it was really cool. Just wanted to share with you guys.

Oh, and here's the picture.
moodysouthernliving.jpg

Not the most flattering but cool none the less. :cool1:

I'm a September 2010 bride too so I'll definitely be following your progress... LOVE your theme, Beauty & the Beast is my favorite Disney movie. :) Good luck with everything!

Ooh! I love the candy or soap rose idea! Very cute!

Now, I can't tell you dead-on prices, but I was convinced I was going to get a Maggie Sottero dress also. I tried on about 7 gowns, but about 3 of them were Maggie Sottero/Sottero & Midgley designs. My dress I chose was by a different designer, but the girl helping me try them on told me the dress I chose was the least expensive out of them. So, I'm thinking they're roughly $2000-$3000 depending on the dress. For my budget, that would've been bit much. :confused3

As for your BM dress colors, how many BMs are you having? It depends on how many you have, but I think it's really pretty when you have each girl in a different color!

You've got great taste from what I've seen, so I'm sure whatever you decide on will be amazing!:thumbsup2

I'm a September 2010 bride too so I'll definitely be following your progress... LOVE your theme, Beauty & the Beast is my favorite Disney movie. :) Good luck with everything!
Thanks. When in september is your wedding?

Ooh! I love the candy or soap rose idea! Very cute!

Now, I can't tell you dead-on prices, but I was convinced I was going to get a Maggie Sottero dress also. I tried on about 7 gowns, but about 3 of them were Maggie Sottero/Sottero & Midgley designs. My dress I chose was by a different designer, but the girl helping me try them on told me the dress I chose was the least expensive out of them. So, I'm thinking they're roughly $2000-$3000 depending on the dress. For my budget, that would've been bit much. :confused3

As for your BM dress colors, how many BMs are you having? It depends on how many you have, but I think it's really pretty when you have each girl in a different color!

You've got great taste from what I've seen, so I'm sure whatever you decide on will be amazing!:thumbsup2

I'm having 2 bridesmaids and 2 bridesmen. The guys will wear whatever my DF pics out for his groomsmen to wear. And my DF doesn't really like to make these kinds of decisions so i'm basically picking the color for the whole wedding party because i would like the girls to match the guys.

I'm having 2 bridesmaids and 2 bridesmen. The guys will wear whatever my DF pics out for his groomsmen to wear. And my DF doesn't really like to make these kinds of decisions so i'm basically picking the color for the whole
wedding party because i would like the girls to match the guys.
I had my cousin stand up on my side too. We called him a "bridal attendant" and he wore the same tux as the rest of the groomsmen too. We even had him ride in the limo with all of us women the morning of the wedding to do pictures with me instead of DH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter