Reason's for a split stay?

We LOVEDDDDDD the two split stays we have done and can't image going to DW again without doing split stays. We think they are fabulous!

Here is our experience: On both of them, we planned on doing a water park that day. We woke up, ate breakfast, packed, put on our suits (i.e. no showers or make-up for me), took our luggage to the bell station and asked them to move our luggage to the new resort. We headed off to the water park, stayed til it closed at 5:00pm, then took the bus to the new resort and checked in. LOVE THIS PLAN!! Since we do not take an afternoon break from the water parks like we do the other parks, we stay there all day so by the time we get to the new resort, it is time to check in and our rooms were ready. No being without a room or being "roomless" as so many here mention as a caution.

We have been to DW a few times and what I can tell you is some of the VERY BEST days of our trips, heck, I will go so far as to say that some of the very best days of my life have been spent at BB and TL. We love both of them, BB the most, and would not dream of missing out on the water parks. Our days there were pure magic so, in my opinion, you are very smart to be planning on visiting the water parks, too. I think your family will love them! What we have never done, though, is hit a park in the morning then head to a water park in the afternoon. I know people do that, but to me it seems like an awful lot to pack into a day. For us, being there right at opening is a good plan and we enjoy staying there until they close when they close around 5pm. The last two hours and for sure the last hour we have had the lazy river almost all to ourselves. It is our favorite thing to do at DW!!

I'm wishing you all the luck with your planning. I would not hesitate to do a three way split for a 10 night vacation, but I would caution you on trying to pack so much into each day. Sometimes it can sound good on paper or in theory, but actually doing it is another thing, at least for me and my family!! :rotfl:

Have a magical trip!!

Do you have to do a "hard" checkout or do they do that for you??? My DH does not know we are switching....:scratchin

I understand the appeal of seeing different resorts. I was all for that until we rented DVC points and stayed at the Boardwalk. While not the "best" hotel IMO, the convenience of being able to walk to 2 parks far outweighs just about anything else. We did a split stay last time because we could not get the first 3 nights at the Boardwalk. Moving day went fine, and we were able to do the DxDP for the first three nights, and regular for the rest of the trip, which was nice. But I would not do a split stay by choice. While the differing themes are very nice, we use the room to sleep and are not there much during the day. So standard view is perfect for us. And our kid loves the Boardwalk pool, so we are set. Now if they add DVC at the Polynesian I could be convinced to switch.

Do you have to do a "hard" checkout or do they do that for you??? My DH does not know we are switching....

I think we just leave! LOL! Pretty sure they put the folio under the door or you can check out via video link on the TV or just call the front desk....can't really remember but I know for sure we didn't approach the front desk to do a hard check out. We never do that anywhere any longer.

I specifically remember at the CR we handed our luggage to the bell gentleman as we were on our way out the door to the bus stop headed to BB! EASY business!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter