Really Disappointed in ADR Selection

I made our dinning reservations today, I was on the site early then went back later in the day and again tonight. I got pretty much everything we wanted with the exception of Space 220.
I was able to book Raglan Road brunch, San Angel (we enjoy it), Yak & Yeti, Plaza, Boma breakfast, California Grill, Mama Melrose, Via Napoli and CRT breakfast.
I’m pretty excited!

I’ll reiterate what I said in a previous post: I rarely book 60 days out when everyone is panicking to get their ideal restaurants. Disney releases new reservations daily and people also cancel. I have better luck periodically checking for reservations leading up to the day, but I usually find the best reservations the night before. Due to Disney’s reservation policy, everyone is required to cancel the night before otherwise they’ll get charged for not showing up. So all those people who chose to sit on prime reservations and can’t keep them all will let them go between 11pm - 12am the night before. It’s definitely worth checking within this period - I’ve booked Cinderella’s, Cali Grill, Be Our Guest, Akershus, Monsieur Paul, etc like this. Another risky tactic is to find reservations the day of. I find excellent reservations the day of all the time.
Most of my trips have been booked a few months in advance. I’ve always managed to get into the places I want if I’m flexible on times

Some of those are the ones we always book, and we usually do so close to the trip. Always eat here and never disappointed!
AK-Tiffins is awesome. Better than Tusker (although I do like Tusker for dinner).
MK-Jungle Cruise is great-best option in MK. Better than CRT, Liberty Tavern, Plaza, Tony's and BoG. Other good option is to head to Cali Grill at CR.
DHS-HBD is good. Better than sci-Fi, 50’s, Mama Melrose.
Epcot-We change around depending on mood, but Spice Road is the one we book the most. We also like Biergarten.

Last edited:
At MK, I would have liked Liberty Tree, Be Our Guest (never been), CRT (DH has never been), Plaza (never been)

At AK, I would have liked a Tusker House lunch or dinner for our 2nd day there or Yak and Yeti.

At EP, I would have liked just about ANYTHING except the 2 choices available to me.

At HS, I would have liked 50s, Hollywood and Vine, and Sci Fi.
I live 30 minutes away from WDW and almost exclusively book same day reservations. Just keep looking as you get closer to your vacation date because they will definitely show up. So many in Epcot are always available day before/day of, same with HS. I don’t go to MK or AK as often, but I know it’s the same for those parks too. If you’ve never taken advantage of the walk-up wait list, I’d suggest doing that, too. Rose & Crown, Spice Road Table, and Coral Reef are almost always 10-40 minute walk-up wait the day of. Side note: I love Tiffin’s - unless you just really want to see Mickey at Tusker, Tiffin’s is AK’s only truly delicious TS location.

I just want to second that Tony’s in MK does in fact have a new chef. It was the only reservation I could get for a really large party in MK and I wasn’t excited about it because our first visit there was mediocre at best. The food is significantly better. We loved the steak, alfredo, and the ravioli. Good luck getting your desired reservations. pixiedust:

I hope you end up getting what you want! I'd like to add that even though Nine Dragons has a bad reputation the meal my family had there in February of 2020 was excellent. Specifically the bao bun appetizer and the kowloon spare ribs. I was shocked at how much we enjoyed it based on past reviews and now we can't wait to go back!! Hopefully that makes you feel a little better about your Epcot choices. Have a great trip!! ☺

This is normal. Most people don't get their choices when the ADR window opens. It's rare if you do. Best thing to do is - keep checking. They do open up but you need to keep checking. Also, great checking the week of as well. We never get any of our choices or picks when the ADR opens and we choose 5 from each park -- still nothing. Always do the week of. Good luck.

I am also in the Pacific Northwest and was up at 3 am trying to make reservations for Dec. It kept telling me something was wrong. I figured there was just a lot of people on the website and then once in a while I was finding reservations at less popular places just to double check that it wasn’t me. I finally gave up trying after an hour. Then in the morning, I decided to try the website and it was working fine. I should’ve used the website not the app. That is my advice.

I am also in the Pacific Northwest and was up at 3 am trying to make reservations for Dec. It kept telling me something was wrong. I figured there was just a lot of people on the website and then once in a while I was finding reservations at less popular places just to double check that it wasn’t me. I finally gave up trying after an hour. Then in the morning, I decided to try the website and it was working fine. I should’ve used the website not the app. That is my advice.
Yeah. It is crazy that is for sure. The app worked for us and the websites were a mess for us and didn't work - Chrome or Edge - two PCs. Still didn't get any reservations though.

Last edited:
This is normal. Most people don't get their choices when the ADR window opens. It's rare if you do. Best thing to do is - keep checking. They do open up but you need to keep checking. Also, great checking the week of as well. We never get any of our choices or picks when the ADR opens and we choose 5 from each park -- still nothing. Always do the week of. Good luck.
This is the first time this has happened for me. It was a bit of a shock.

Customer experience was far superior when it was 180 days in advance. While Covid is reducing the number of tables, not all restaurants are open. The ones that are may have reduced the number of tables, but we noticed a lot of differences. There were restaurants that were just not available at all and their open. Very unusual as we were always able to book them at the later portion of our trip. Not sure how someone can book that far into our number of days that their totally booked. Will try during the window remains as people change their plans. I also noted the Candlelight Procession writeups are incrementally being updated...with dining/candlelight procession page now indicating American and German as the food type. Overall, core hours normally available within the first minute of ADRs were already gone throughout our 10 days, aging system setup with lots of disconnects between their applications, false messages to customer and other user experience issues.

None of the ADRs I'm seeking have ever been considered hard-to-get. Like for instance, Rose and Crown and LTT. I got the perfect ADR for Steakhouse 71 after moving plans around and Via Napoli for dinner has always been difficult. I did finally get what I wanted but I booked for a party of 3. I hate doing that but ADRs for parties of 2 are very scarce. I also got 50's Prime Time for 8:40 pm and as much as DH wants to eat there he's adamant that is way too late. Personally, I'm not that interested because I can make that kind of food at home. I'd prefer HBD and it's been really tough to find a dinner ADR there and that never used to be the case in the past.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter