Re:Car Rental for Trip Feb 26 - Mar 5

iluvwesties

<font color=green>Always planning the "Next" trip!
Hi Everyone,

I have been investigating the cost of Car Rentals for my upcoming trip with my DD(24) and DS(13).

My daughter is going to drive us.
We will need a car as we will be staying at our timeshare in Kissimmee (8miles from Main Gate). We are planning 3 days of park hopping, 1 day water park and 2 days shopping. Our timeshare is close to the super 24 hour Wal-Mart on 192, so we feel that although there is an additional cost for the rental car, that a taxi to all these places would probably cost more.

We have noticed that all the Car Rental companies charge an "underage" fee for drivers 21-24.

We are considering "Enterprise" using an Entertainment Book coupon of either $20 off or 20% discount towards the rental and was wondering if any of you have used them and been happy with your rental?

I was also thinking about asking them if they ever waive the underage fee as my daughter has been driving since she was 16 and has an excellent driving record (not had any tickets or claims)

Would appreciate your thoughts and any info you can supply.
Thanks, Carol :wave:

Hi, I got a rate of $117. for this coming week from dollar.com, using code RWUW8. I'm not sure if it will work for your week, but it's worth a try. As for them waving the fee, you can always ask. I'd call and see what they would do for you!
Have a good trip!

Marilynn

cabmom said:
Hi, I got a rate of $117. for this coming week from dollar.com, using code RWUW8. I'm not sure if it will work for your week, but it's worth a try. As for them waving the fee, you can always ask. I'd call and see what they would do for you!
Have a good trip!

Marilynn

Hi Marilyn,
Thanks for the info. I tried to use this Promo but got a rate of $251.00 :scared1:
This is without adding the underage fee!!!.

I will keep checking mousesavers for info but if anyone here discovers a great rate for Feb 26 to Mar 5, please let me know.
Thanks, Carol :wave:

P.S. Cabmom,

Have a great trip!!! I bet you can't wait :thewave:

Carol :wave2:

Thanks, we are all so excited. The boys are more excited about going to Florida then they were about Christmas.
I feel like we are missing out on things though. I feel like I haven't done all the planning I can possibly do. I know for sure we are doing MK and Universal, on Wed and Thurs of this week. We are going down to St. Petersburg from the 8th afternoon til the 12th when we fly home. My inlaws live there.
If I spy any good rates I'll let you know.

Marilynn

Cabmom,

My kids DD (24) and DS (13) have been the same way. They looked forward to Christmas, but they are really looking forward to the trip to Florida.

We were going to visit WDW for 2 days of park hopping but have decided that we will make it 3 days (it was too hard to schedule all our favorites into 2 days).

I have been to WDW many times, but this is the first time I have done PS reservations at some of the restaurants recommended by other DIS'ers.

We will be going to Ohana's at the Poly and hopefully catch the Wishes display while we are there, also have PS's for Boma at AKL, Hollywood & Vine in MGM for the Fantasmic dinner package and Biergarten at the German pavillion in Epcot. On our "off" days we have got quick and casual vouchers so that we can go to Pepper Market at Coronado Springs (we really enjoyed that last time we were there) Am also trying to work Chef Mickeys &/or 50's Prime Time Cafe into the schedule.

How old are your boys?

I always think that MK is great to start family's visit to WDW.
We are going there again also and looking forward to seeing our favorites.

My DS wants to go back to Islands of Adventure (not sure if we will have time) as he really enjoyed it last year.

I have heard that the weather is going to be great in Orlando for the next few days, so here's hoping that it continues for your visit to the parks and to the Beach.

Have a safe journey and don't forget to report back to us when you return!!!

Carol, :flower1:

Try EZ car rental, book their cheapest model and when you get there upgrade. We just got back yesterday and my son upgraded from a compact to a Spider convertable for $15. a day extra. www.e-zrentacar.com

Hi Joanpav,
Thanks for the info. I will give the link a try and see what we come up with.
Was your son happy with EZ Car?
On the mousesavers site, they do not seem to like this rental compant or LM Cars or Payless, (which is also under EZ Car).
If your son had no problems at the Orlando rental site then I would definately consider them. I would love to hear from anyone who has had experience with any of these companies (good or bad)
Thanks again,
Carol :wave:

These guys give great rates.. they have a website. Our quote for February is half the price quoted by Dollar, and it includes an extra driver (married spouse) for free!! Usually that charge is $7.00 per day U.S.

Hi Toesmom,

Thank You for your reply.
I am hoping to make a reservation very soon for our upcoming trip and have not heard any bad news via this thread for L & M.

My daughter has investigated EZcar rentals out of Orlando also, and they have a rate of US$75.00 per week, we will have to pay an extra US$105.00 for her as she is 24 (underage driver 21-24 fee) but that is a LOT better than some of the other car rental companies right now.

If anyone has had good or bad experiences with L&M or EZ Car rentals, please let us know. Thanks, Carol :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter