RCCL Oasis of the Seas Vs Freedom of the Seas

pepe3penelope

Princess Ariel at Heart
Hi, all! We are a family of four and are a serious Disney family! We've been on two DCL cruises (Wonder then Fantasy). We are booked for spring break next year but the prices are so crazy expensive. I was originally waiting for the rest of 2015 to be released.

RCCL now has the kids sail free and am looking into Thanksgiving week. For those of you who are experienced with RCCL, would you do the ocean view balcony on Oasis of the Seas OR Grand Suite for $800 more on Freedom of the Seas?

Concerned that service and food won't be as good. Hoping kids areas will be great. By then daughter will be 7 and son will be 3 years and 3 months. Will he be old enough to go in kids club or will he in nursery? Oasis of the seas has amazing public spaces, but am intrigued about having a suite!

TIA! :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hi, all! We are a family of four and are a serious Disney family! We've been on two DCL cruises (Wonder then Fantasy). We are booked for spring break next year but the prices are so crazy expensive. I was originally waiting for the rest of 2015 to be released.

RCCL now has the kids sail free and am looking into Thanksgiving week. For those of you who are experienced with RCCL, would you do the ocean view balcony on Oasis of the Seas OR Grand Suite for $800 more on Freedom of the Seas?

Concerned that service and food won't be as good. Hoping kids areas will be great. By then daughter will be 7 and son will be 3 years and 3 months. Will he be old enough to go in kids club or will he in nursery? Oasis of the seas has amazing public spaces, but am intrigued about having a suite!

TIA! :)

That's a tough choice!! You get lots of perks having a suite:
Priority check-in
Personalized attention throughout the cruise with complimentary Concierge Club service on select ships
Reserved prime seating in the main theater for entertainment shows, where available
Priority tender tickets on select cruises. (Tender service is provided when smaller vessels are necessary to reach shore in locations without docking ports large enough for cruise ships.)
VIP pool deck seating, where available
Full breakfast, lunch and dinner dining room menus available for in-room dining
Private breakfast and lunch seating in specialty restaurants on our Voyager and Freedom Class ships
Mattel® board games available to order for in-room entertainment for the kids
Complimentary luggage valet service
Luxury spa bathrobes for use onboard
Complimentary pressing service on formal night
Priority departure with exclusive suite* departure lounge featuring continental breakfast

But, Oasis is Oasis, and there's nothing else like it (except Allure!). You will be blown away by Oasis, but you will be pampered on Freedom. It's a good tough choice to have!!!

That's a tough choice!! You get lots of perks having a suite: Priority check-in Personalized attention throughout the cruise with complimentary Concierge Club service on select ships Reserved prime seating in the main theater for entertainment shows, where available Priority tender tickets on select cruises. (Tender service is provided when smaller vessels are necessary to reach shore in locations without docking ports large enough for cruise ships.) VIP pool deck seating, where available Full breakfast, lunch and dinner dining room menus available for in-room dining Private breakfast and lunch seating in specialty restaurants on our Voyager and Freedom Class ships Mattel® board games available to order for in-room entertainment for the kids Complimentary luggage valet service Luxury spa bathrobes for use onboard Complimentary pressing service on formal night Priority departure with exclusive suite* departure lounge featuring continental breakfast But, Oasis is Oasis, and there's nothing else like it (except Allure!). You will be blown away by Oasis, but you will be pampered on Freedom. It's a good tough choice to have!!!

I'm so tempted to do the suite!!! Just have been dreaming of Oasis of the Seas! Hmmm...still don't know what to do

. . . We've been on two DCL cruises (Wonder then Fantasy).

. . . For those of you who are experienced with RCCL, would you do the ocean view balcony on Oasis of the Seas OR Grand Suite for $800 more on Freedom of the Seas?
Given your cruise history, I would definitely go with the Grand Suite for $800 more.

The Freedom OTS has so much to offer -- such as the Grand Promenade and Ice Show.

Woody

Actually booked a deck 10 aft junior suite in freedom if the seas yesterday! So excited!!!!

Actually booked a deck 10 aft junior suite in freedom if the seas yesterday! So excited!!!!

Very cool!

Just in case you don't know...earlier you were asking about the grand suite. Someone posted a list of what you get with that. Most of that list isn't something you get with the junior suite. Double points, priority checkin, and robes, I believe, are what you will get with the JS. But not the concierge club and not the other things on the list.

Just want to make sure you KNOW that!

We really liked freedom. We were in 1700, which is probably your next door neighbor in your JS. :) That or the mirror-image room 1400.

Very cool! Just in case you don't know...earlier you were asking about the grand suite. Someone posted a list of what you get with that. Most of that list isn't something you get with the junior suite. Double points, priority checkin, and robes, I believe, are what you will get with the JS. But not the concierge club and not the other things on the list. Just want to make sure you KNOW that! We really liked freedom. We were in 1700, which is probably your next door neighbor in your JS. :) That or the mirror-image room 1400.

Yes, I did know. Thanks! I REALLY wanted to get the Grand Suite but I didn't want to really stress over the finances. However, I really wanted to have the space, larger balcony, love the idea of being in the end of the ship. Liked that it is on deck 10 ( near the pools and kids clubs). At least we get the things you mentioned! I am soooo excited!!! Problem is now I have to wait til Thanksgiving!

Do u know if the doors are magnetic? Would love to decorate like we do on Disney Cruise Line. Do people also do fish extender gift exchanges? TIA!

I don't remember a lot of door decorating. And since they don't have the "fish" it's hard to do the FE.

I'm trying to convince myself to upgrade to a junior in October on Vision but for now we have a really interesting "panoramic ocean view" room booked for so low that I don't want to give that up. We will see if time changes my mind. Double points is a good incentive....

Having been on both ships twice, I'd suggest Oasis for the sake of you're kids; although I don't have any. I just remember the entire boardwalk experience, the skating rink, etc all focused for kids. There was even a parade for them. Freedom of the seas on the other hand didn't have too much for kids aside from the pool area. Also, Oasis has something like 12 or 13 different places to eat, not to mention the donut shop and sundae/ice cream parlor.

Our kids' first cruise was on the Freedom...they LOVED it. There is plenty for them to do. Your 3 YO will be allowed in Adventure Ocean as long as he/she is potty trained. Having said that, the Oasis/Allure are ships like no other. If you don't think you will be back on Royal Caribbean again soon, I would go with Oasis.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter