RCCL cancels most cruises until April 30, 2021

mevelandry

DIS Veteran
Hi!

RCCL announced today that they were extending cancellations for most sailings to April 30, 2021 (Except China and Singapor).

Right now, they are hoping to resume further operations in May.

Hi!

RCCL announced today that they were extending cancellations for most sailings to April 30, 2021 (Except China and Singapor).

Had you cancelled your spring trip? I thought I remember one in April for you. Lets hope May is the date... hopefully some people will be vaccinated by then and things will start moving forward!

Had you cancelled your spring trip? I thought I remember one in April for you. Lets hope May is the date... hopefully some people will be vaccinated by then and things will start moving forward!
Yes, we did. I wasn’t feeling comfortable at all and since everything was still refundable, we have simply moved the money to a 2022 cruise on Carnival Mardi Gras.

Fingers crossed for May being the beginning of a return to a somewhat normal life.

Hi!

That brings my total number of cancelled cruises to 13. My next booking is May from Barcelona. I expect that one to be cancelled as well. I am keeping my fingers crossed for my late June cruise, but it is an Alaska cruise so I'll need some help from Canada if it is to sail.

Yeah...sucks. Like OP we cancelled our March cruise (back in December prior to final payment)...and 95% sure we'll be doing the same with out August cruise. It's gonna take time for vaccine distribution and for them to ramp up once things are safe. Highly doubt they will be starting test cruises before vaccines have a good impact.

I moved my May Cruise to 2022, I probably could have waited for them to cancel and get a refund but I am hoping that by next near everything will be back to normal.

My hopes for my European back to backs are slipping. Should probably start looking to where to shift these.

My 2022 Alaska back to back should be okay. Right? Maybe? Who knows.

Question. I booked a end of May 2020 trip last summer it was 1000$ Deposit that was non refundable.... I’d honestly like to just cancel/move it and I see how all cruises are refundable now to get people booking. We booked through America discount cruises which I only booked through them because they had the room I wanted and royal didn’t offer that room on their site..... I’d hate to be on one of the first boats :(

I am at the point of trying to figure out if I will need to cancel my 2021 Alaska cruise in late June. For now, the plan is to wait until late February or early March and then decide. Today, my sister and I have been researching options of what to do instead of the cruise if it is cancelled. My sister has health and mobility issues which made an Alaska cruise feel feasible for her to see Alaska. Now, I am researching the cost of just flying to Alaska and doing our own trip going to places we would not see if we did a cruise.

Question. I booked a end of May 2020 trip last summer it was 1000$ Deposit that was non refundable.... I’d honestly like to just cancel/move it and I see how all cruises are refundable now to get people booking. We booked through America discount cruises which I only booked through them because they had the room I wanted and royal didn’t offer that room on their site..... I’d hate to be on one of the first boats :(
What is your question?

Just a note about Royal...they don't show all their rooms. So if there is a specific room you are questioning next time, I'd give them a call and see if it is in fact free. Royal's UK site used to show all the available rooms, which was great, but they have changed their site the past while so now they only show you some rooms...similar to the US site.

What is your question?

Just a note about Royal...they don't show all their rooms. So if there is a specific room you are questioning next time, I'd give them a call and see if it is in fact free. Royal's UK site used to show all the available rooms, which was great, but they have changed their site the past while so now they only show you some rooms...similar to the US site.
I guess my question is do I hope they cancel on their own or try to move it now... i mean I’m ok with going.... I’m a nurse I’ve gotten the covid vaccine etc. I just don’t want to get stuck on a boat in a situation where they won’t let us off for weeks or to have dropped 5k on a cruise where we can’t leave the boat/room. (Note that’s hubby’s preferred cruising style... to stay in the boat lol). We have done carnival cruises we were not super impressed with customer service and planning... that’s why we booked royal this time.

I guess my question is do I hope they cancel on their own or try to move it now... i mean I’m ok with going.... I’m a nurse I’ve gotten the covid vaccine etc. I just don’t want to get stuck on a boat in a situation where they won’t let us off for weeks or to have dropped 5k on a cruise where we can’t leave the boat/room. (Note that’s hubby’s preferred cruising style... to stay in the boat lol). We have done carnival cruises we were not super impressed with customer service and planning... that’s why we booked royal this time.

Think of it this way... when cruises first start up again, the first couple of months will see restrictions like mandatory masks on board and you wont be able to get off the ship without a specific cruiseline excursion. If you're okay with that, pay in full and hope for the best. If you arent, try to Lift & Shift or taking the FCC and rebook ASAP. We've got Alaska booked for Summer too and i'm 99% sure it wont happen. We're going to take the FCC and put it onto our Spring 2022 Bahamian cruise.

I’m a sucker or glutton for punishment. While I am diamond on Royal I have also sailed Carnival. So yesterday I got a email for 200 per person + taxes and port fees for an inside room on a wide array of cruises. Then they give you $400 in on board spending. It was $600ish then $400 back in on board spending for the Dec 18 8 day Carnival Mardi Gras cruise. The Mardi Gras being their newest ship. I also added the New Years cruise which wasn’t at the special rate but did come with $500 in on board spending. I essentially booked 15 nights of Xmas/New Years holiday cruises for the cost of less than one normally is plus I get $900 back in on board spending. Essentially an offer I couldn’t refuse. Hopefully it happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter