"RapidFill" RFID refillable mugs coming back resort wide...

I always thought the mugs were more like a "service" to the customer for buying a really over priced room...and maybe encourage some additional buying of items...

Guess I was wrong...the margins are never off limits at Team D
I think too many guests were grabbing "free" soda. JMO but Disney needed to either officially make the soda free or implement a system similar to what's being rolled out.

Makes honest guests feel like we're being taken advantage of if Disney does nothing to prevent a significant number of guests from grabbing free soda.

Again, offering free soda (at least during meal time for customers buy food) would have been an alternative.

IF...they do two things, 24 hour access and no waiting periods, then i fully support the new system.

IF they do have a waiting period...then i don't like it. I'm not a liberatarian...but i don't like the idea of selling "all you can drink" and then having the machines dictate consumption. If people want to pound...let them pound.

A comedian has a video where his group brought sand buckets to a Chinese buffet to get food. They said the plates were too small. After being told to stop they took their chairs over to the buffet so they could eat directly from the serving platters.

Allowing 16oz every 2 minutes. Close enough to unlimited for me.

The system may allow Disney to install machines in areas where CMs aren't stationed. I'm thinking of a soda machine in the pool area.

yeah but see...i really don't think that's that rampant of a problem. I see the occasional person coming in with a random cup or old mug and just walking over and filling it...but that is a minimal problem from my perspective...and i do alot of people watching when i'm there.

I know...i half expect those people to then try to sell me some magic beans or florida swampland :lmao:

I can envision a family who brings back old mugs, decides to buy one RFID mug and use it to fill the mugs they brought. Long line. Do you want to be waiting behind someone who gulps fast so as not to lose his place in line? BAD EXAMPLE Disney should have enough machines so long lines aren't common.

I don't put this in the same category as airline fees. Restaurants, including fast food, generally charge for soda. You don't see MacDonald customers bringing back used mugs or cups. OK I don't go to MacDonald s, maybe you do see that behavior?

Disney is able to charge top dollar for their rooms but they don't really nickle and dime you. No resort fee. No charge for parking at the resort. No charge (for hotel guests) who want to park in a theme park. No charge if you need your BP printed. No charge for RAC. No charge for bus transportation from/to MCO.

Free soda isn't an amenity I'd expect from any hotel, excluding all inclusive resorts.

So if they've apparently only partially rolled it out, I could be in an interesting situation, as I've got a split stay about to start.

If CBR has it active, I can buy an RFID mug, and by the terms, I should be able to use it at OKW, whether it is active or not, within the 14 days.

If CBR does NOT have it active, then under the old terms I could only use it at CBR, and I'm supposed to get a new one at OKW. Even if I wanted to "cheat", if OKW has RFID active, I can't.

I'm not buying two mugs for one stay. I actually won't buy any.

As for more fill locations, I wholeheartedly agree there should be...but I also don't seeing it happening. They are in locations where they can be maintained easily and monitored, but if they start sticking them everywhere it becomes of a maintenance issue.

You are dealing with humans and without the refill delay, some would use their mug to fill others. I like the posts that ask which mugs are currently being sold because the poster is about to leave on their WDW vacation and they collect mugs. :rotfl:

They will anyway. If someone is planning to cheat, they will cheat. Now I never asked for a picture of the mugs, but I can assure you that I do collect the mugs, and would eve waste suitcase space hauling them around ;) but folks who drive? I bet that is easier.

Just read that there is a 2 minute lockout between fills in the POR thread. That seems like a good amount of time. Most people do not drink that fast, but it still hinders the filling and refilling for pouring into other containers.

2 minutes seems reasonable. Even on my earliest morning, I take longer to inhale my first cup of coffee :coffee:

As for more fill locations, I wholeheartedly agree there should be...but I also don't seeing it happening. They are in locations where they can be maintained easily and monitored, but if they start sticking them everywhere it becomes of a maintenance issue.

I'm thinking of fill stations near the pools. Maybe moving the fill stations in the food court. Aren't most of the fill stations now somewhat near the cashiers so a CM is theoretically watching?

I'm thinking of fill stations near the pools. Maybe moving the fill stations in the food court. Aren't most of the fill stations now somewhat near the cashiers so a CM is theoretically watching?

I believe at least a couple of the pools have fill stations nearby. I forget which, but I think the new pool at SSR does.

wonder if the stations will be able to fill multiple cups at the same time ?

Such as I want diet coke at spot #2, and Susie wants orange soda at spot #5. I have a family of five and can usually fill 2 cups at the same time.

Or will it literally have to be one person/cup at a time ?

Wonder what happens when somebody comes with a "bad" chip, does it just not fill their cup ? or does it jam the entire fountain where nobody can fill their cups until it's reset ?

wonder if the stations will be able to fill multiple cups at the same time ?

Such as I want diet coke at spot #2, and Susie wants orange soda at spot #5. I have a family of five and can usually fill 2 cups at the same time.

Or will it literally have to be one person/cup at a time ?

Wonder what happens when somebody comes with a "bad" chip, does it just not fill their cup ? or does it jam the entire fountain where nobody can fill their cups until it's reset ?

There are two screens on each machine, so I'm guessing two people can fill at the same time, but probably not more than two.

SSR has at least one at the pools, trouble is they get locked at about 9pm.

SSR has one at every pool except Congress Park. 2 are open when the bars are open and the Paddock one matches the hours for the grill.

They couldn't keep them open 24/7 even with the chips as there would be terrible bug problems. The bee problem is already pretty terrible.

I believe at least a couple of the pools have fill stations nearby. I forget which, but I think the new pool at SSR does.

bay lake, kidani at animal kingdom, saratoga...

newer dvcs with more than simple pools have drink stations built as part of them...i would imagine thats going to be the norm and possible retrofits moving forward....

for when they charge 25 cents per drop as my magic+ phase 2 rolls out

If I am going to stay 4 nights in one resort and then transfer to another resort for a week, am I going to have to buy 2 mugs or can I buy a length-of-stay mug that would be valid for the 11 days? This could get expensive if people like to switch resorts during their stay.

If I am going to stay 4 nights in one resort and then transfer to another resort for a week, am I going to have to buy 2 mugs or can I buy a length-of-stay mug that would be valid for the 11 days? This could get expensive if people like to switch resorts during their stay.

According to the new rules with the RFID mugs, you can purchase a "length of stay" mug for up to 14 days (they will supposedly have a way to do longer), usable at any resort.

Under the current system's rules, you were supposed to purchase two different mugs.

How will they know my length of stay on a split stay? My KTTW card will show a few days at BWV, but I will have a separate ressie for another 9 days at AKV after that. It would be obnoxious to have to print out documentation for split stays in order to purchase a mug.

How will they know my length of stay on a split stay? My KTTW card will show a few days at BWV, but I will have a separate ressie for another 9 days at AKV after that. It would be obnoxious to have to print out documentation for split stays in order to purchase a mug.

I believe they just code it for 14 days.

Just left POR and the lines were so long for the machines all day long, I cannot imagine if only 2 can go at a time.
This should be interesting...

Just left POR and the lines were so long for the machines all day long, I cannot imagine if only 2 can go at a time.
This should be interesting...

I was on board with this until now, only 2 can be filled at once isn't very cool.

This sounds perfect... For Disney

Long lines will deter usage...

"I give you a mug with parental lock on it...you give me $17.99...you may or may not have the time and patience to use it"

Even the hard core capitalist defenders of Disney in the mug debate will eventually start to see the inherent danger in this new idea

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter