Raising Maintenance Fees

I certainly apologize for the math error and will correct it.

According to BLS, a $100,000 house in 2001 would cost 149,000 today. A 49% increase or 1/3 what DVC HH has increased.

Everyone is free to draw their own conclusions. We enjoyed DVC immensely but I still maintain the dues increase are out of control.
But that same house in 2007 was worth $175,000. Then the recession hit. House values vary and change a lot. While costs of living are pretty even around 3% a year.

Even if it's not in the contract, it wouldn't make much sense to refurbish a resort shortly before re-sale. Simply because, they would be doing the refurbishment twice in a short period of time (they aren't going to sell a resort as brand new after being used for 2-3 years by the previous group of owners).

Let's take resort that has the closest expiration date, say BWV:

2016 - Hard goods
2023 - Soft goods (+7 years)
2030 - Hard goods (+7 years)
2037 - Soft goods (+7 years)
2042 - Expiration (+5 years)

So according the schedule, there won't be time for a refurb before expiration.

Do you know how I can get ahold of the AKV refurb schedule? Thanks!

I do recall they recently, or are maybe are in the process of refurbishing *some* of the rooms at AKL, but I think they're the rooms that came over that used to be part of the hotel block of rooms and not original 2009 rooms. I don't own there so I'm not 100% up to speed on the resort. The Jambo rooms may have gotten a soft goods update recently. Kidani for sure though is on the 2022 schedule.

I do recall they recently, or are maybe are in the process of refurbishing *some* of the rooms at AKL, but I think they're the rooms that came over that used to be part of the hotel block of rooms and not original 2009 rooms. I don't own there so I'm not 100% up to speed on the resort. The Jambo rooms may have gotten a soft goods update recently. Kidani for sure though is on the 2022 schedule.
Kidani and Jambo for AKV was all refurbished at the same time. What is happening at the Lodge side is their rooms are getting refurbished. However, some of the Villa rooms are being taken offline because hallways are being shut down, which makes the rooms inaccessible. But there is no expectation that the Villa rooms are to be refurbished in any capacity.

Kidani and Jambo for AKV was all refurbished at the same time. What is happening at the Lodge side is their rooms are getting refurbished. However, some of the Villa rooms are being taken offline because hallways are being shut down, which makes the rooms inaccessible. But there is no expectation that the Villa rooms are to be refurbished in any capacity.
Which make no sense, because when they have to refurbish the Villa side, they will have to close the Hotel rooms in the hallway. Of course, sometimes management doesn't always to the things that makes the most sense.

Which make no sense, because when they have to refurbish the Villa side, they will have to close the Hotel rooms in the hallway. Of course, sometimes management doesn't always to the things that makes the most sense.
My guess is they are actually updating the hallways themselves, which is probably why they are closed and likely because of water shutoffs since new bathrooms are being installed on the lodge side, since unlike WL the rooms are mixed among the wings (where WL DVC and Cash exist in seperate wings which can have moderately, and do, different themes and utility shut off is easier because of this). I mean would the DVC owners be happy paying for another refurb 3 years after the last?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter