Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits -(Ginny is deceased-Prayers for her.)

We did Chef Mickey's in 2006 and had breakfast there. It was really good from what I remember, but I have heard that the lunch and dinner isn't anything to write home about. The character interaction there is great, though.

Your family has so much personality! Love the new pics! I can't believe you did the teacups..I am still too scared to try:sick:

I can do spinning things. I had always drawn the line on roller coasters. I don't consider BTMR a coaster. I have always been able to do it. Just not the big ones. Surprises in store.

We did Chef Mickey's in 2006 and had breakfast there. It was really good from what I remember, but I have heard that the lunch and dinner isn't anything to write home about. The character interaction there is great, though.

The characters were great and even as old as the grandson's are they really enjoyed it. You truly are in a different magical world. You do things you would never do in your everyday lives.

The characters were great and even as old as the grandson's are they really enjoyed it. You truly are in a different magical world. You do things you would never do in your everyday lives.

So true. I get as excited about the characters as my son does. I even have big grins from DH in character photos (and he proclaims a strong dislike for Disney). But he's living proof that you just can't help yourself!!!

So true. I get as excited about the characters as my son does. I even have big grins from DH in character photos (and he proclaims a strong dislike for Disney). But he's living proof that you just can't help yourself!!!

Luckily the men in my family like Disney. Now going every year might change that but I will take it as it comes. We are all too old to change our ways now.

It is fun to see your family having so much fun. To me, there is nothing better than being with your family in Disney World.

It is fun to see your family having so much fun. To me, there is nothing better than being with your family in Disney World.

Thank you for that. It is great that my girls still like each other as adults and we (Don and I) really like our sons-in-laws. No question about loving the grandkids. They make my life complete.

Ginny

LOL! this TR making me want to head to disney with you guys!:) id fit right in. it would be perfect!!:thumbsup2

I had forgotten to mention that after being so wet during the previous evening when we went back to MK none of us wanted to get wet again so we bypassed Splash on this visit.

Before starting with our second full day there are two things one should know about me. 1. I am petrified of heights. God made me 5'3" for a reason and it is no climbing. I cannot even stand on a step stool. It is pretty bad and
2. I don't do roller coasters. Now I know I told you I did BTMR at MK but I don't consider that a real roller coaster. It is like the one we have here in our area at Silver Dollar City in Branson called Thunderation. I have ridden that at least 100 times when my grandchildren were smaller and they needed an adult with them. I have NEVER ridden it with my eyes open. So I have no idea what it is really like. I have this knack of closing my eyes and pretending to be in the ocean on a raft watching the world go by. Works everytime.

So on with the show: It is Monday, Memorial Day. We figure the parks will be packed. We decided to sleep in since we had 2 late nights in a row and leave :eek: the park to go to Bahama Breeze for lunch. Thanks to the old American Express I had a $100.00 gift certificate.

P5240088.jpg
[/IMG]

P5240087.jpg
[/IMG]

The food was very good. We do not have one of these restaurants anywhere near us so it made a nice change.

We got to AK around 1 p.m. and it was full. I will say it was not raining yet!

While everyone was taking a break we come upon who Alex calls "The Blue Bottom Boy". Grandpa wanted a picture with him and made Alex join in.

[
P5250091.jpg
[/IMG]

I had a couple of other cute ones but photobucket and I sometimes have issues.

After that picture taking episode we head over to ride Dinosaur first thing. Don does not do roller coasters either (or most other rides for that matter) so he sat out and watched the belongings. We had to get the redneck picture.

disney1003.jpg
[/IMG]

Now thanks to the boards I knew when the picture was coming up so I could act my usual stupid self. Tim is choking Sandi, Austin is being his silly self and not too sure what the others are doing.

I have come to the conclusion that I am going to be 60 and if I don't do it now, I will never do it. So might as well go all out.

When we left Dinosaur it was raining. We went to see if we could fp's for EE. It was shut down and since we were so late in the day we couldn't get fp's for anything. It was time for the parade so off we went to watch. It was very hot and crowded. We did find a good place to stand and watch. I have some good pictures but my favorite one is this:

P5250107.jpg
[/IMG]

Now what I like about this picture is what you don't see. Tim is giving Minnie the old call me sign and standing behind him is Mike with rabbit ears on Tim's head. The competion with these grown men over a cute girl is something else.

I have lots more but it is time to work once again so I will finish this one this evening.

I am such a bad trip reporter. Read down to EE for Don and Mike's big meet.

So we had just watched a great parade. It really is a good one. So for those of you who have not seen it you need to. Luckily the rain stopped during the parade.

We head back over to EE and the wait was 105 minutes. It starts raining again so we head over to Bugs Life. This is a cute show and the que is wonderful for this show.

P5250095.jpg
[/IMG]

P5250096.jpg
[/IMG]

I only allowed this picture because with the glasses you couldn't see my black eye.

P5250097.jpg
[/IMG]
P5250098.jpg
[/IMG]

If you will notice the girls hair was down and no hats. It was absolutely pouring when we came out so next stop. A fix it place.

P5250118.jpg
[/IMG]

We search for shelter and shop for about an hour and the storm lets up. It wasn't just rain. It was thunder, lightning and everything that comes with it.

After the rain let up we head over to Kali River Falls and they said it would be at least an hour before re-opening. Boo hiss.

We then go back to EE. There was no line. Everyone left in the storm. As a matter of fact AK was all but dead at this point. I decided I was gonna do it. There were 7 of us riding. Mike and Don decided to sit this one out. So everyone paired up and left me to my own devices. A kind gentleman said he would be glad to ride with me. Even after I told him I might throw up as I had never done a coaster before. He said it was "ok, my shirt can wash." What a nice guy. I am so close to being a chicken but I stood there long enough I knew I could at least go once.

OMG :scared1: I kept my eyes open the whole way up. What a ride. We got to the top and I heard Sheri holler the proverbial OH S---. The man sitting with me says I can see my resort from here. I said which one and he said Sarasota Springs and I looked over that way and realized how high I was and thought I might stroke out right then and there. Then everyone who know what the ride does you can imagine what I went through. For those of you who don't I will not spoil it.

It was amazing. I wanted to go again but by the time we got off the line was once again long.

When we get off EE we find Don and Mike sitting on the rail with there usual big smiles and as they ask how our ride was Mike blurts out "guess who we were just with?" Of course we can't guess so they have to inform us they had a big whoop de doo with Pocahantas. I told them they would have to prove it. Of course, they had no pictures (and they are holding on to our cameras?). But you couldn't help but believe them the were so excited in the telling.

We went back to Dinosaur and I rode it two more times. Primevil Whirl was down that day. Alex was pretty disappointed.

We decide it is time to head to the resort so the boys can swim before the rain comes back so as we are leaving the Photopass man was setting up for business so we got some shots.

These we took while waiting for him:

DSCN0352.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCN0356.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCN0353.jpg
[/IMG]

Then the photopass man was ready and a family tried to interrupt him. He told them he would be glad to help them but he had to take care of us first. Of course we wanted several diffferent groupings. He was super nice.

Image063.jpg
[/IMG]

Image043.jpg
[/IMG]

Image027.jpg
[/IMG]
We left a wonderful day at AK and headed back to CSR for dinner and swimming.

We ate at Pepper Market that night. The food was pretty good. It was nice to sit together and discuss the day. After leaving there we stopped at the area (can't remember the name) and got rolls for a midnight snack. The boys headed to the pool and we went and visited more. Not wanting this night to end. We knew it had to because we had reservations at O'Hana for breakfast on Tuesday.

Ginny: Was I supposed to know you lived near Silver Dollar City? If so, I totally forgot. That's where we went when we had to cancel our Disney trip in May, 2008.

I have got to tell John about giving Minnie the "call me" signal. He'll love that one.

I'm so proud of you for riding Expedition Everest. You know my fear of heights but I love Expedition Everest. I just can't look down when we are that first hill. Other than that, I am okay.

You weren't joking when you said it was storming on your Animal Kingdom day. Now I know why you said you needed my animal pictures.

Once again, wonderful family pictures.

Ginny: Was I supposed to know you lived near Silver Dollar City? If so, I totally forgot. That's where we went when we had to cancel our Disney trip in May, 2008.

I have got to tell John about giving Minnie the "call me" signal. He'll love that one.

I'm so proud of you for riding Expedition Everest. You know my fear of heights but I love Expedition Everest. I just can't look down when we are that first hill. Other than that, I am okay.

You weren't joking when you said it was storming on your Animal Kingdom day. Now I know why you said you needed my animal pictures.

Once again, wonderful family pictures.

I am sure I hadn't said where in Missouri I lived. But we live in the only large town around. I'm sure you can figure that one out. There aren't many.:rotfl:
I had read on your report before that you had come to THE CITY before and thought then I wish I knew you I would meet you there. We don't go often. Too touristy you know. But I got to Disney? Go figure:confused3

I will give the rain total of the week at the end of my report. Could you tell I like my family?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter