Rain rain go away!!!!!!!!!!

I know it is soo hard to say for sure being only Thursday but I just looked up the weather and I am seeing 7am-4pm the chance of rain is between 11-12%, 4pm-10pm 51% or lower. It doesn't sound like a huge washout storm but more in line with the normal summer rain. Of course it is impossible to predict the future so please take with a grain of salt, just sharing what came up when I looked at weather.com.

I think we are looking at different days. Sunday is a 100% chance all day. Scattered in the morning changing to more widespread as the day goes on. Thunderstorms in the evening.

When I was 12 we went when a tropical depression was hitting Orlando. It seemed it rained every day. I was unhappy not seeing the sun, but thrilled that I could ride space mountain over and over and over with no line. It took me longer to walk, not run, through the queue.( ok ok.. I ran... Shh.)Disney was fine. I did drown my shoes and I got my first case of athlete's foot, so just bring extra shoes and such...

In some cases, rain is great. Some attractions won't have as much of a long line as people don't want to move around and are staying put.

Depending on the day, it can ruin the rest of the day because the cool off is short, and you have to deal with the humidity.

But man, I remember one fun day where the rain wouldn't let up. I got on tower of terror in no time.
They even had some of the doors closed during the drop to prevent most of the rain from getting in.

Must haves for a rainy trip:

Real ponchos, not the dollar store kind.
A 2nd pair of shoes or something that dries quickly (Crocs are ideal for this as they can be wiped dry with a paper towel).
Several baseball caps or something else with a brim. There is nothing more annoying than rain hitting you in the face all day.
Shami towels in your park bag so you can dry off seats as needed - sitting in a puddle on a bench or a ride is a gross feeling.
Plastic baggie to keep phone and money/credit cards dry, also easy to use your phone right in the bag if you need to change FPs or check ADRs in DME while outside.
Waterproof mascara.
A positive attitude and a sense of humor.

Great advice. I'd add that Crocs can be slippery when wet, so be careful if you wear them. Be sure to bring at least two or three pairs of shoes, in case on gets soaked - stuff them with newspapers at night to dry them out faster, or you can dry them with a hair dryer in a pinch!

Okay so we are just a few days out and the weather does not look good. We are at 90% chance of rain for the first 3 days we are at the parks with 10 to 20 mm of rain projected. Does anyone have strategy for doing the parks in this kind of rain????? Really worried that it is going to ruin or trip :(

Get there at rope drop! We've gone in August several times and the best strategy is to go out in the morning because it usually downpours in the afternoons and evenings.

Wunderground is a great online resource for when it will rain. That's what I use the most, and find it to be the most accurate.

It has been raining here almost everyday since June (or at least it feels like it!)

There is no getting around it, you just have to prep for rain. And it's not the polite rain either - it's hardcore, take no prisoners rain. It winds up just as humid before as it was after. On the bright side, we haven't had to fill our pool for quite some time because of the water!

We have been when it's the "fun" rain-the enough to cool it down but still scare off crowds rain. Great memories for riding Big Thunder over and over without getting off-it was great fun.

Then we have been in the "OMG, I hope someone has an Arc started already" torrential downpours. I remember a MNSSHP where we were first in line for where Captain Jack was going to be for his meet and greet-we stood under that little roof for about 2 hours hoping the rain would pass-finally we gave up, the rain wasn't passing and he wasn't coming out. I think they cancelled the parade that night and finally had Hallowishes about an hour late. It was NASTY.

On my trip with just my DH we had a horrible week of rain. Places were you had to actually wade through the water, both at the resort and at AK. At AK we took shelter at the FotLK hoping it would pass, the CMs there felt bad for everyone and if you wanted to stay for the next show they let you. We sat through 3 shows before going back out in the rain. That trip I just felt beaten by the rain.

I hope for the OP and all of the rest of us who go in the more rainy times that you get more of the fun rain and less of the nasty stuff.

The parks were designed and planned around Florida sub-tropical weather. Your concierge at the resort will help you come up with a plan AND have a cheerful attitude. She/he can help you design a storm/lightning/washout plan that will use the park resources you do have, and help you get right back in when the parks are up again.

Get cheap dollar store ponchos before you leave and take advantage of everyone else running from the parks!

Wear shoes that are good to wear even being wet, ponchos are a must, and remember Florida rain is like warm bath water. I'm from Colorado and the rain here is cold,chill you to the bone cold, Florida is like taking a shower.

We went last year in August and the forecast was very worrisome. We knew that we would get downpours in the afternoon but the forecast were for a lot of rain. We got there and went to bed. Next morning the weather report was completely different! We ended up getting a great week. It did rain but just around dinner time. No biggie.

We leave tomorrow, so keeping fingers crossed!!

The biggest problem this week seems to be the lightening protocol. A storm an be near MK and all outdoor rides stop running.
I believe that happened at least 3 times on Tuesday when it never rained more than a few minutes each time.
I (think I) understand safety, but it seems better human judgement could keep more rides going.
As FL - especially central FL - is the lightning capital and lighting strikes well before the storm/rain arrives - it is better safe than sorry.

Must haves for a rainy trip:

Real ponchos, not the dollar store kind.
A 2nd pair of shoes or something that dries quickly (Crocs are ideal for this as they can be wiped dry with a paper towel).
Several baseball caps or something else with a brim. There is nothing more annoying than rain hitting you in the face all day.
Shami towels in your park bag so you can dry off seats as needed - sitting in a puddle on a bench or a ride is a gross feeling.
Plastic baggie to keep phone and money/credit cards dry, also easy to use your phone right in the bag if you need to change FPs or check ADRs in DME while outside.
Waterproof mascara.
A positive attitude and a sense of humor.

Love this list! Saving it for my upcoming trip in 3 weeks!

As long as there is not a hurricane coming you should be fine. Hurricanes can cause long periods of rain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter