Raglan Road Irish Pub

ksdave

DIS Veteran
I am a big fan of both Irish food and music/dance. We have a small, family-owned chain in our area called Molly McPherson's that I love to eat at. However, they do not have any Irish entertainment, which I sorely miss.
DW and I will be in WDW in September, and I was hoping to have dinner at Raglan Road while we are there. Any Irish fans out there have a strong opinion either way about this restaurant's food? How about the entertainment?
Any opinions would be appreciated.

I really enjoyed Raglan Road and can't wait to go back in January. I had the ham and my husband had the lamb which he still talks about lol. The bread pudding (see profile pic) was DELISH. The drinks were excellent and the dancers where phenomenal. I did think it was a bit loud though. I wondered how any of the people sitting on the floor of the restaurant could even hear themselves think!

I am a big fan of both Irish food and music/dance. We have a small, family-owned chain in our area called Molly McPherson's that I love to eat at. However, they do not have any Irish entertainment, which I sorely miss.
DW and I will be in WDW in September, and I was hoping to have dinner at Raglan Road while we are there. Any Irish fans out there have a strong opinion either way about this restaurant's food? How about the entertainment?
Any opinions would be appreciated.
The food, entertainment and staff are all excellent.

I've only been once and I'm by no means an Irish food expert (whenever I go to Irish pubs my food is liquid)

I do like the entertainment, and even if you're NOT in the main stage room, the dancers come around to the side rooms. They also teach the kids how to dance and give them a certificate.

One of my favorite restaurants. It's loud. The entertainment on my last trip was the best ever. I've been before where we were seated in one of the rooms off the main room and the dancers were in another room and I couldn't see them. This time the dancers and the musicians came in the smaller room and stayed quite a long time. So good.

Oddly, I usually get the salmon while I'm there. I'm also not an Irish food expert but everything on the menu that my family orders looks really good.

The bread pudding is the best and not your typical slop in a bowl.

The food is wonderful. They have the juiciest pork chop I've ever had and the bread and butter pudding is to die for.

We've been twice--first time the food was good, second time it was meh. Personally think the food is pretty similar to what you'd get at an Irish chain like RiRa or Bennigan's. Drinks are overpriced, but I'd probably say the same about every restaurant at Disney. Entertainment is fun but as others have mentioned it can be loud.

DW and I are not Irish food experts by any means but we have been to Raglan Road our last 3 trips and it is now one of our must-dos whenever we go. We have loved every dish we've tried there, and the entertainment, while loud, is always a lot of fun.

Love Raglan!! A million years ago I used to dance competitively and perform with a pipe band that had an Irish troupe, and I still love place with Irish food (and drink!) and dancers!! We've been for dinner and the Sunday Brunch, and enjoyed the food both times. I personally love the Irish breakfast, but my kids prefer the lighter breakfasts there. They were also very accommodating when we've been there for dinner (I have an onion allergy) and they were able to make some modifications to my meal (that was supposed to have leeks) - it was delicious!!!!

The entertainment is fun, but we find the food lacking. We have 2 local Irish restaurants/pubs with much better food. The glowing reviews here made me really want to like the food, so we tried it three times. After the third visit, it became the only WDW restaurant that my DH has asked me to never book again. If we didn't have great Irish restaurants here, we may have enjoyed their food more. Who knows? Since we do, we'll be passing on RR in the future. That said, if you want to try it, you should. You'll never know, if you'll like it, until you give it a try.

I’m vegetarian, and I’ve been to Ireland a few times in the last 5 years, so my idea of Irish food is different than a more traditional view of it.

IMO the FOOD is good. No clue if it’s Irish or not. I’ve had all sorts of tasty vegetarian food in Ireland, so it seems about the same.

I go for entertainment and music first. So we always do the weekend brunch, because yum brunch, and because the entertainment starts early. And because it’s not as noisy as evenings.

We have been to Raglan Road many times, the dark bread they bring it great as is the fish and chips and chicken. We always get a bottle of wine and it isn’t that overpriced. We love the entertainment and always ask for the main room so you can see the stage. We usually have to wait longer but it’s worth it to us, Yes it’s loud but not horrible. We take our time ordering so that we can sometimes see two sets of the bands.

I guess I'm the oddball here, but my family was not a fan of the food. We have eaten there twice. First time we just had appetizers and they were fine...not amazing but definitely not terrible. Second time we ordered entrees - shepherd's pie, braised beef, fish and chips, and mammy's chicken. The shepherd's pie had a very strange flavor and there were about 2 lbs of peas piled on top. The fish and chips wasn't terrible taste wise, but the portion was incredibly small. The chicken was really greasy and again a very small portion. The braised beef was probably the best dish, but didn't even come close to the similar dish at Homecomin. We would go back for apps/drinks and the entertainment, but wouldn't eat dinner again.

It s a fun, lively place.
Have seen several different bands play there and were all good. The dancers are amazing.
Check their schedule to see what times the band and dancers will be there so you don't miss them (week days and weekends are different)

I haven’t been yet, but my SIL loved Raglan Road so much that it is their only repeat restaurant on this coming trip and she told my husband and I we have to eat there when we go next.

Food is actually delicious - better than what you typically find at the Disney-owned restaurants and the dancers and music is, for a lack of a better word, very entertaining. We really enjoyed it.

BUT, I need to note, that this is the loudest restaurant that I think we have ever visited. It makes Chef Mickey's look like a funeral. Especially, if you are seated in the main room where the entertainment takes place. The music is loud, the taping is loud, the bar is right there and it is *very* loud. It's all part of the atmosphere. Do not go to Raglan Road expecting to converse with your table. Do not go with young kids without the concert noise-cancelling headphones. Still, go, it's fun. Just know that it is LOUD!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter