Radisson Blu Anaheim

justinslot

Mouseketeer
Didn't see a thread for this place...

Been trying to figure out the best use of my various hotel points for my December trip to Anaheim, and I said, what the heck, let me see what Radisson has (I have a ton of Radisson points from frequenting the historic Claridge Hotel in Atlantic City.) And then I notice...wait there's a Blu in Anaheim? Radisson does not have a lot of brands that I trust but the Blus are supposed to be all of pretty high quality. So I'm checking it out...it has an interesting rooftop restaurant/bar, those are always nice...I guess the issue is that as the crow flies it is not far from Disneyland, but it appears to be located on the opposite side of I-5 so you have to walk underneath the interstate if you're inclined to walk there. And I'm a walker myself. Google maps says it's about a mile walk to where the cabs drop people off on Harbor.

Anyway, just seeing if anyone had any thoughts on the place. It's pretty new--opened last October apparently. Not a lot of Tripadvisor reviews though I'm sure the pandemic has something to do with that.

Walking under the interstate would be a big no for me, especially if returning back from the parks late at night. It’s likely few if any Disney guests would be walking that route. Going under any interstate increases the chances of walking by homeless or individuals with mental issues that are on the streets at night, heck, I think people even pass them on Harbor near the parks… though you usually are park of crowds walking back so it would be less sketchy (to me personally).

I would probably make that an Uber or cab hotel, but I don’t even like using Uber, especially during the pandemic. I don’t care what training they went through, I bet very few are actually cleaning between customers after they’ve been driving for 10 hours or something.

If this in on the other side of Harbor you don't walk under the freeway, you walk over it. I am trying to figure out where this is? Is it the old Montage that's right off the freeway?

The walk definitely appears to involve an underpass from looking at the Google street view...it's where Anaheim Blvd goes under the interstate.

Well, after just "walking" it via Google maps, I wouldn't stay there and plan to walk in the evenings. You could use a rideshare service to get back to your room. Also, for some reason, the one mile away from Disneyland always feels much longer than one mile at home. I don't know why that is.

Yeahhhh I don't think I am going to stay there the day of the Merriest Nite party I'm going to, does not seem like a advisable walk after midnight.

But it seems no poster here has stayed at the Blu? It looks quite nice, walkability issues aside.

So I've decided not to book here this trip (walkability; and also I want to use up my Marriott and Hyatt free nights that expire this year), but I am hoping to have enough time to check out the rooftop restaurant.

It looks nice and would have love to hear if anyone has stayed there. There were a lot of deals. The only reviews I’ve seen are bloggers who enjoyed it but didn’t go into the parks. As they went during a soft opening before DL opened.

the ART system didn’t seem in place yet. And the cost of ART per person pretty much equals just driving to one of the lots.

It looks nice and would have love to hear if anyone has stayed there. There were a lot of deals. The only reviews I’ve seen are bloggers who enjoyed it but didn’t go into the parks. As they went during a soft opening before DL opened.

the ART system didn’t seem in place yet. And the cost of ART per person pretty much equals just driving to one of the lots.
There are some reviews now showing up on TripAdvisor and Google Maps, which all seem pretty happy. However as others have said- I just don't personally feel comfortable staying in that location. It's not in the best area of Anaheim (industrial near freeway), and you do have to go under a freeway overpass.

Due to economy and other impacts some off property hotels are also getting rather strange guests. Just be careful if you see super low rates which will bring in a rougher/party crowd. Lots of drug use and 'day use' rooms. I don't care if adults want to have fun- not for Disney area and families though.

ART seems to be a bit of a mess right now (odd location stops and route times), hopefully they come back up to full service with hotels open again.

Last edited:
I've been keeping an eye on this place as I have a bunch of Radisson points to use up but for some reason it wasn't available for points booking this winter...it turns out, it's switched to Marriott! It is now the "Viv Hotel, Anaheim, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel."

Kind of confused by this as I thought it had just been built within the past year or two. Is the Radisson branding so ineffective that whoever built it needed to switch to (or sell to) another hotel operator almost immediately?

I've been keeping an eye on this place as I have a bunch of Radisson points to use up but for some reason it wasn't available for points booking this winter...it turns out, it's switched to Marriott! It is now the "Viv Hotel, Anaheim, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel."

Kind of confused by this as I thought it had just been built within the past year or two. Is the Radisson branding so ineffective that whoever built it needed to switch to (or sell to) another hotel operator almost immediately?
Whoa! We just stayed there and loved it!! The only negative is the distance to the parks. We used ART. Thanks for this info. I’m also confused by the changing of owners. It’s a beautiful property.

Whoa! We just stayed there and loved it!! The only negative is the distance to the parks. We used ART. Thanks for this info. I’m also confused by the changing of owners. It’s a beautiful property.
Did you eat at the top floor restaurant? Had a quick bite at the bar there the last time I was in town that made me wish I had the time to stay for a full meal.

Did you eat at the top floor restaurant? Had a quick bite at the bar there the last time I was in town that made me wish I had the time to stay for a full meal.
We had drinks up there! When we went, it was later in the night and the kitchen was closed. Awesome view and beautiful lounge. We talked quite a long time with the manager. He was super nice. ☺️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter