Quiet connecting balcony staterooms on Magic?

fredandkell

I'd rather be cruising
We’ve only done ocean view and interior state rooms on the magic. We always get two connecting ones because my husband snores like a train and must be isolated in his own room. 😂

With that being said can anyone recommend connecting balcony state rooms that are quiet? I know that cruise ships are kind of noisy by their nature, but I wondered if anyone has found a quiet sweet spot in the balcony rooms. We love the first floor interior rooms on the magic for quiet (1051/53 in particular as no one is above you); the first floor ocean view rooms across the hall were not as quiet (1050/52). Would love to do the trans-Atlantic with balcony rooms but don’t want to hear people or restaurants banging around above me either.

I would think you would be fine with any room that has a stateroom above and below. So anything on Deck 7 or 8. Also, all they way forward has very little foot traffic.

I would think you would be fine with any room that has a stateroom above and below. So anything on Deck 7 or 8. Also, all they way forward has very little foot traffic.
Deck 8 would not work well on the Magic, since deck 9 above has lots of pool traffic midship and forward and Cabanas aft. There may be chair and lounger movement when deck 9 is being cleaned. There are no staterooms above deck 8 on the Magic.

I did the West Bound (UK to NY) TransAtlantic cruise in September 2018. I did a GTY (?) oceanview and ended up on Deck 1 of the Magic. Two little portholes. I didn't pay a lot and was a little disappointed I didn't at least get one BIG porthole but I really grew to love Deck 1. It's so out of the way and quiet and there were always empty elevators. And not many cabins down there.

I'm SO glad I didn't spring for a balcony. Because it's not that it was cold but it was windy. On the sea days no one was in the pool and there weren't enough seats in the warm cafe up on deck to accommodate everyone who flocked there. Outside, even with a windbreak, we grabbed blankets. The only advantage I can see is possibly sitting on your balcony while the ship is in port. But it's not like you are looking at the turquoise waters of the Caribbean. Honestly not much of a view that I'd want to sit on the balcony for more than maybe 30 minutes.

It was never sunny, really. Maybe one day in Canada. Otherwise it was overcast and gray. Misty. Maybe if you must, just get ONE balcony room and send Mr. Snore-man across the hall to an inside cabin on his own?

I did the West Bound (UK to NY) TransAtlantic cruise in September 2018. I did a GTY (?) oceanview and ended up on Deck 1 of the Magic. Two little portholes. I didn't pay a lot and was a little disappointed I didn't at least get one BIG porthole but I really grew to love Deck 1. It's so out of the way and quiet and there were always empty elevators. And not many cabins down there.

I'm SO glad I didn't spring for a balcony. Because it's not that it was cold but it was windy. On the sea days no one was in the pool and there weren't enough seats in the warm cafe up on deck to accommodate everyone who flocked there. Outside, even with a windbreak, we grabbed blankets. The only advantage I can see is possibly sitting on your balcony while the ship is in port. But it's not like you are looking at the turquoise waters of the Caribbean. Honestly not much of a view that I'd want to sit on the balcony for more than maybe 30 minutes.

It was never sunny, really. Maybe one day in Canada. Otherwise it was overcast and gray. Misty. Maybe if you must, just get ONE balcony room and send Mr. Snore-man across the hall to an inside cabin on his own?
Lol Mr. Snore Man! Love it!
I am a huge advocate of deck 1 and inside rooms. But with threat of in-room quarantine I want a balcony for my next few cruises. I do like the money saving idea of one inside, one balcony but that also leaves me feeling isolated with the kids and 100% in charge of them all the time. With connecting rooms I can send them “next door” yet still keep an eye on them better.

Connecting cabins does make sense, and I understand with a possible in-room Quarantine . . . . In terms of quiet BALCONIES I will say that the balconies, on my TransAtlantic, got very little use. So they should honestly, be quiet. Cabinwise, I wouldn't go higher than Deck 7. Even if there aren't many people on the pool deck (9), with a little bit of rock and rolling on the open Sea, there may be some movement of deck chairs on their own. I really love the Magic. I love the size of the classic ships. I don't have kids so read 6 books on the 11 night crossing, and watched Parent Trap at least 3 times! My favorite activity was the Cooking Class. Must add that the food on the pool deck, the pizza and hamburgers, weren't real warm. It was breezy and not really pleasant to eat around the pool. Room Service might be the better option. Don't pick Deck 4 either, it's over the theater. I also noticed that there aren't that many connecting cabins on the Magic! Seems like with the newer ships, it's hard to find cabins that DON'T connect!

I will check with you before I book a TA . . . I don't think I want to be in a cabin anywhere near Mr. Snore Man . . . . . :music:

7080-7090 --- staterooms below and above - away from elevators, not across from interior rooms or laundry.
We have to get connecting rooms every time because we are a family of 6. I like quiet rooms as well.

TBH, beyond the mechanical noise and plain old ship noise, "quiet" is largely dependent on those around you. What is a quiet room on one cruise could have a family with no sense of "indoor voices" the next. What has no noise from the cabin above one week could have what sounds like a gymnastics team the next. As others have said, best bet is a deck between decks of cabins and then cross your fingers and hope for the best.

I like deck 6 on the Magic/Wonder. Very central. I have stayed in 6042 and never had issues with noise. 6044 and 6046 are connecting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!