• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quick Trip Report - Those Darn PAPs

3 Hobbits 2 Disney

Working Our Way Home
So DH, DD 13, and I did a quick trip to SSR 6/13 - 6/17. We had a 1 BR in the Grandstand (8745 - 3rd floor lockoff, golf course view). The room had been refurbished and was in great shape. With the addition of our Owners Locker stuff we were all set.

The objective of this trip was to relax while taking advantage of our expiring PAP. We had dinner at The Turf Club Thursday evening. Service was good, food was okay, and value was acceptable. Next day was a late start with our destination being Epcot - I was able to snag a late lunch reservation at Le Cellier for 245. We did a lot of shopping and made our required trip to visit Figment.

Lunch at Le Cellier was fabulous. Service and food quality were outstanding. We had the cheese soup, charcuterie, and scallops to start. I had the filet mignon while DH had the NY. A caution: DD had the poutine with Asian pulled pork and found it overly spicy and a little "off" with the sricchachi sauce. We skipped dessert to enjoy Champagne in Paris. Several hours later we closed Epcot with tequila samples in Mexico. So, 1 ride, 5 samplings of various countries alcoholic treats and some quality shopping yielded some tired campers.

And basically that was the tone of our trip -- we slept in late, had our big meal at "lupper" (lunch/supper) daily, and did the rides we wanted as walk up or walk on. We spent our evenings poolside either in the pool or watching movies. All thanks to our DVC - a quiet vacation doing what we wanted when we wanted.

Thanks for sharing- sounds like a wonderful. Looking for a similar experience when I visit w/ my husband in Oct. He is more about food and less about the parks/rides-)

How did you like the Grandstand area? We have stayed in Congress Park section (really nice and quiet), and The Paddock, pool was very nice but a lot more noise.

I love the laid back vacation idea, and after our first few regular trips back in the early 2000's that is what we have tried to do. We have been fairly regular with our trips in October, and just love that time of year for WDW. Although it seems the crowds have gotten bigger, we enjoy it for the extended summer it gives us, along with the Food & Wine festival which we love.

We take the same strategy. We usually arrive on a Saturday and don't hit the parks until Monday. We are normally at the resort by 12-2 in the afternoon. My DD (now 9) and DW just hit the pool and I run to the store to get food/snacks for the week. I meet them back at the pool, and we always have a ressie for a nice dinner to start our trip. This year we are doing Artist's Point at Wilderness Lodge. Sunday is another relaxing, hang by the pool day, sometimes I play a round of golf, other times I stay at the pool. Then, our only real strategy is to plan our EPCOT day for Tuesday which we have found is normal small to reasonable crowd for the F&W Fest. We also do MK for the MNSSHP - which again, by late evening you can walk on just about any ride in the park. The admission is less than a day at the park, and we find we do more rides, and have a better time. So, that is another pool day with park in the evening.

We love that attitude when hitting Disney!!!

I have to say I think Grandstand has become our favorite area. We like the pool, hot tub, and refreshment area. I like the golf course view as well as the canals and boats. It's such a quick walk to Artist's Palette and Community Hall - a huge plus for DD 13. Plus it is the first bus stop - key when you are pooped and looking forward to that adult beverage.

:drinking1:drinking1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter