Quick question regarding DVC Resort Refurbs...

So, regardless of when BWV gets refurbished, anyone got fingers and toes crossed that the 1BR will sleep 5 instead of 4?? Gosh, I really need that extra space without having to jump to 2 BR!
I don't. They will have to take out the counter seating to make room for that. I'm already unhappy with what they did to the studios to add the under TV Murphy bed. How can you use the camper table if someone wants to watch TV? I don't want them to ruin the 1 bedrooms like they did the studios.

I don't. They will have to take out the counter seating to make room for that. I'm already unhappy with what they did to the studios to add the under TV Murphy bed. How can you use the camper table if someone wants to watch TV? I don't want them to ruin the 1 bedrooms like they did the studios.
I suppose it just depends on how you use the space - we don't stay in our room a ton so I'd prefer the sleeping surfaces... What do you mean about not being able to use the table if someone wants to watch TV? Can't you just fold up the murphy bed?

Last edited:
Yes, you can bring an air mattress. We put our 5 YO on couch cushions in the closet and she thinks it's the best thing ever... just be sure to bring extra linens since those aren't provided for a 5th guest.
Thanks for the info! We're new to DVC so we haven't actually stayed in the rooms but just watching the videos. Looking forward to our trip in July...

What do you mean about not being able to use the table if someone wants to watch TV? Can't you just fold up the murphy bed?
Heads are in the way of the TV if someone is sitting at the table while someone is trying to watch. We had this issue in a studio back in Feb, but I'd love for the 1 bed to get that small murphy bed so my kids don't have to share out in the living room.

Heads are in the way of the TV if someone is sitting at the table while someone is trying to watch. We had this issue in a studio back in Feb.
Oh, I see what you're saying! Ok, so since the table is attached to the murphy bed, it's the combo that's an issue... makes sense... Thanks!

As to the original post, all prior BWV refurbs followed the same process. They started on the fifth floor and did about half the floor, finished that, and then did the other half, and then moved to the fourth floor using the same half-and-half procedure, doing that until all floors were complete.

As noted, the refurb has not actually been scheduled yet; based on the 7-year usual refurb schedule for a DVC resort, BWV would be done in 2023, but delays have resulted from the pandemic, as any owner of BRV well knows.

At the Dec 2018 annual meeting, DVC announced that future hard-goods refurbs (for which BWV is due to get when the next one is done) will include changing the pull-out couches to an in-the-wall pull-down Murphy bed over a couch (which itself folds down when the bed is pull down). However, nothing was mentioned abut adding a Murphy bed in the living room to pull out of a cabinet beneath the TV. SSR got that addition of the Murphy bed in a cabinet beneath the TV to allow 5 sleeping spaces but its room design allowed enough space for it.

BWV has a particular problem with its living room in the 2BR lock-offs (which contain most of the 1BRs) that raises a serious question about whether another bed can be added to the living room . See this floor plan for the 2BR lock-off https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...ardwalk-villas/points-rooms/#default=1/0/0/2/. Note the fairly small distance between the adjoining doors for the living room/studio and the cabinet of the kitchen that runs across half the middle of the room. That space is likely too small to put in a cabinet beneath the TV with a pull-out Murphy bed that could hold an adult. Moreover, there is no place to put a pull-out chair like that which exists in BLT and AKV 1BRs. It cannot be where the connecting doors are and the space between the couch and balcony wall is too small.

As noted, the BWV 1BRs do currently allow five but you have to bring any bedding needed for the fifth (sleeping bag, blow-up mattress, other).

Last edited:
BWV has a particular problem with its living room in the 2BR lock-offs (which contain most of the 1BRs) that raises a serious question about whether another bed can be added to the living room . See this floor plan for the 2BR lock-off https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...ardwalk-villas/points-rooms/#default=1/0/0/2/. Note the fairly small distance between the adjoining doors for the the living room/studio and the cabinet of the kitchen that runs across half the middle of the room. That space is likely too small to put in a cabinet beneath the TV with a pull-out Murphy bed that could hold an adult. Moreover, there is no place to put a pull-out chair like that which exists in BLT and AKV 1BRs. It cannot be where the connecting doors are and the space between the couch and balcony wall is too small.
Ok, got it! Yes, thanks for sharing that... I see now... Makes sense! I think we can make do with an air mattress so I think our issues is resolved - however, having that couch/murphy bed will be a huge improvement over the pull-out sofa! Thanks for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter