Quick PTR while doing the 30 day Dance!

Chellymouse

DIS Veteran
So, we are in our last 30 days before the big family trip. :scared1: Why do I get the feeling it might be a one and done?? :rolleyes1 The family consists of DH and I, DMIL, DSIL and DBIL and our Dniece and Dnephew in a 2BR at SSR, hopefully in CP as we are "CP snobs" Our motto: crummy view in CP is better than no CP at all! So, ADRs made months ago, family has no idea that DH and I sprung for Mickey's BBQ for everyone and ordered a b'day cake for our Dnephew! I think they will be really surprised because that was axed to due cost. DMIL ticket purchased..hopefully DSIL and family purchased their tickets, rental car for me as I have a conference that will be cutting into my vacation at the end (good thing we'll be there for 11 days!). ME pack arrived on schedule. Grocery order done. Packing list to family of first timers, done.
Now it's last minute things and hoping AirTran doesn't change our flights again!

Thank you! It's kind of funny...my DSIL wasn't really into planning much of anything and it was like pulling teeth from the Yeti to get dining ressies made, which I was crazy about due to the fact that there are 7 of us. This week she has called 3 nights in a row wanting to plan and chat. Better late than never!! DH and I just don't want them to miss out on anything that they want to do!

Where do you catch AirTran? Canton? What has your experience been with them? I am thinking about getting a job as a greeter at Wal mart to make some cash so I don't have to ride in the car with Koala for 17 hours.

Where do you catch AirTran? Canton? What has your experience been with them? I am thinking about getting a job as a greeter at Wal mart to make some cash so I don't have to ride in the car with Koala for 17 hours.

Don't blame you a bit SSRMonkey! I can't handle 17 hours in a car so DH and I have to organize the budget for plane tickets! We do go out of Akron-Canton and it's usually about $100 less per person than going out of Cleveland. I will watch for you at Walmart! Lately it's been about $300 per person to fly and the direct flights are nice. Also, the parking is pretty inexpensive...the economy lot (which is still pretty close and offers a shuttle) is $7 per day. Also, you may be able to put Koala in your suitcase so it would just be you and your parents! :rotfl2: We've been flying AirTran from CAK for the past 13 years and we've never really problem.

Thanks for the info. We are only a little over an hour from Buffalo so if we were to fly it would probably be from there. Koala won't set paw near a suitcase after he ended up in Minnesota the last time we flew. He insists on a carry on with a pillow and a Snuggie. High maintenance, but he's worth it...most of the time. :goodvibes

Thanks for the info. We are only a little over an hour from Buffalo so if we were to fly it would probably be from there. Koala won't set paw near a suitcase after he ended up in Minnesota the last time we flew. He insists on a carry on with a pillow and a Snuggie. High maintenance, but he's worth it...most of the time. :goodvibes

Oh poor Koala!!

Have a wonderful time.:thumbsup2 I think you'll be there the week before me. I get into SSR 6/20 then on 6/22 DB and family joins me and we're there until 6/29. I love SSR...this will be the first time my brother and crew have been there. They're great with the planning. We all were there last year but they were over at PRFQ. So we kinda sorta knew where we wanted to eat and just added a few new places. His daughter doesn't know we booked the Princess Breakfast one of the mornings. She'll flip!!!!! She's 9 and just loves all of the princess.

So today I ordered our groceries and now we wait...and wait...and wait. :rotfl::rotfl: I'll pull out my "disney only bag" next week and start tossing stuff in that!!

Please let me/us know how the BBQ was. I was thinking of doing that next time.

:thumbsup2
Have a wonderful time.:thumbsup2 I think you'll be there the week before me. I get into SSR 6/20 then on 6/22 DB and family joins me and we're there until 6/29. I love SSR...this will be the first time my brother and crew have been there. They're great with the planning. We all were there last year but they were over at PRFQ. So we kinda sorta knew where we wanted to eat and just added a few new places. His daughter doesn't know we booked the Princess Breakfast one of the mornings. She'll flip!!!!! She's 9 and just loves all of the princess.

So today I ordered our groceries and now we wait...and wait...and wait. :rotfl::rotfl: I'll pull out my "disney only bag" next week and start tossing stuff in that!!

Please let me/us know how the BBQ was. I was thinking of doing that next time.

We're actually not coming home until the 24th. It's a long trip for the newbies, usually DH and I only stay around 7-8 days when we have company but my national conference is in Orlando (10 miles from SSR) and I would have stayed at SSR anyway, so we just made it all one big trip. We gave them the option of fewer days, but they wanted to come the whole time.
How exciting! She'll be thrilled. We've done the BBQ before, just DH and I and we loved it! The amount of food served would feed a small country and the characters and dancing was alot of fun. The family had to budget because we are there so many days so we cut that out because it's on the pricey side...so they think....:thumbsup2 they will be really surprised!
That's funny....DH has already started "piling" his clothes and getting luggage out even though we still have 3 weeks. He's like the chipmunks that way...:rotfl2:

Chelly,

Have a wonderful trip!! We are heading to BWV but not until October. Air Tran has changed our flight times twice already. Hopefully once Southwest takes over there will be less time changes moving forward. :)

We took a big group (10 in two 2 bedrooms) a few years back. I could not seem to get the message through to the other family that planning and booking your meals was something to be done BEFORE you arrived. They would not let me book anything. We made reservations for the four of us and let them handle their own. It all worked out in the end. Just remember that you are not responsible for their happiness - just your own. :)

Have fun!!

Kelly

Chelly,

Have a wonderful trip!! We are heading to BWV but not until October. Air Tran has changed our flight times twice already. Hopefully once Southwest takes over there will be less time changes moving forward. :)

We took a big group (10 in two 2 bedrooms) a few years back. I could not seem to get the message through to the other family that planning and booking your meals was something to be done BEFORE you arrived. They would not let me book anything. We made reservations for the four of us and let them handle their own. It all worked out in the end. Just remember that you are not responsible for their happiness - just your own. :)

Have fun!!

Kelly

Hi Kelly!
We may see you in Oct. DH and I are going back for 10 days (just us) for F&W and MNSSHP, for which our tickets are already in the safe! :thumbsup2
DH's family lives 2 hours away and thankfully are coming in this weekend because we know they still have questions so it will be good for all of us to get together! We did get the dining importance through their ears so that is taken care of and we did fullfill all of their requests. That's how we feel about it....we all don't need to be together 24/7 although I think DH and I will have our Dniece and nephew quite a bit but we don't mind! I know the other adults want more downtime than park time and that's ok with us! Airtran has just changed our Oct flight AGAIN!! GRRR!!

I love going during the F & W Festival. We missed it last year so I am really looking forward to going this year. We are arriving on Saturday Ocotber 20th and staying until the following Sunday (October 28th).

We also have our Halloween party tickets. :) LOVE the fireworks show at the Halloween Party. :love:

Our Air Tran flight also changed recently. For once, it was in a good way. We now arrive earlier and leave later and the flights have remained non-stop. I am assuming you fly out of Akron-Canton as well.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for NO more flight changes!!

I love going during the F & W Festival. We missed it last year so I am really looking forward to going this year. We are arriving on Saturday Ocotber 20th and staying until the following Sunday (October 28th).

We also have our Halloween party tickets. :) LOVE the fireworks show at the Halloween Party. :love:

Our Air Tran flight also changed recently. For once, it was in a good way. We now arrive earlier and leave later and the flights have remained non-stop. I am assuming you fly out of Akron-Canton as well.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for NO more flight changes!!

We do fly out of CAK. We're 20 minutes from that airport and 30 minutes to Cleveland but it's usually less expensive to fly out of CAK. Our flight down leaves eariler..:thumbsup2 but we leave to come home earlier now too:mad:
Have to agree....HalloWishes is by far, hands down, Disney's best fireworks!

We are now 18 hours and 17 minutes until our plane takes off! :cool1: Went to work early this am and my boss rewarded me with sign out at noon! pixiedust: So I'm officially ON VACATION!! Packing is almost done, last load of laundry in the dryer, all our paperwork ready, conference docs printed (hey at least it's in Orlando and we have an 11 day trip!) checked in online for SSR and boarding passes are printed! Come on 5:30am!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter