• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quick March Dining Review

seashell7290

Mouseketeer
Just got back from a week at Disney. I’m not a picture person so I thought I would post some short reviews of places. I live in a town that has no fine dining so my husband and I indulged.

Quick March dining review
Boathouse Brunch: food was decent. Had the smoked salmon bagel and crab cake Benedict. Difficult to hear dueling pianos outside though. Don’t think I would go out of my way to come back for brunch
Jaleo: hands down best meal of the trip! Did the chefs tasting menu. Yes it is a lot of food but the value is there. It hits the major highlights of the menu. Also did the wine pairing. For 120$ each including the drinks, can’t find a better deal. And there is a military discount :)
Sci fi: solid burgers with really good fries
EOS: ordered Uber eats. Always a good stand by and no hassle of going to springs! Holiday turkey is my fav and their Mac and cheese was pretty tasty.
Pinocchio’s: standard flat breads but the deli salad really makes a trip to this place worth it. Mobile ordered a gluten free pizza too and that took a long time so plan accordingly.
California grill: I love this place but my main was very lack luster. My scallops were cooked well but the rest of the plate was boring. My husband got the grouper and that was outstanding! Service was OK. They tried to rush us through but I waited to put in for main and dessert and that seemed to work. I go to high end places for a nice relaxing meal and will not be pushed out the door. Wonton app was great and the ice cream on the chocolate soufflé was outstanding!
Yak and Yeti: this was a new place for us and wow those ahi nachos were amazing. We licked the plate clean. This place will go it the rotation for sure.
Morimotos: Had the spider roll, ribs, and kuri-bop. Only thing that wasn’t outstanding was the roll. Lacked flavor. Pricy place. Would return to quick service window for ribs
Flower and Garden Festival:
-House-made Potato and Cheddar Biscuit with Salmon Tartare: Yummy biscuit! Great but filling snack.
-Off the “Beet”en Path: Profiteroles with Red Beet Mousse, Golden Beet Pastry Cream, Whipped Goat Cheese Cream, and Candied Walnuts (New) : my favorite bite of the festival! Great not too sweet dessert
-Beef Brisket Burnt Ends and Smoked Pork Belly Slider with Garlic Sausage, Chorizo, Cheddar Fondue, and House-made Pickle: what’s not to like? Tender meat with delicious sauce
-Beignet Caramélisé, Fourré Crème Vanille, Glacé au Caramel Fleur de Sel: Caramelized Beignet filled with Vanilla Cream and Glazed with Caramel Fleur de Sel (new) : Great texture but lacking cream inside. Very large portion so good for splitting
-Frushi: Strawberry, Pineapple, and Cantaloupe wrapped in Sweet Rice and Pink Soy Wrap served with Whipped Cream, Drizzled Berry Sauce, and Toasted Coconut : Cute little dessert. Much lighter than other options but rice could have been sweeter
-Lavender Honey Mustard-marinated Chicken Flatbread with Whipped Honey-Ricotta Cheese, Marinated Vegetables, and Purple Haze Lavender Goat Cheese (new) : Very good flavor of toppings but my crust was partially undercooked
-Local Wildflower Honey-Mascarpone Cheesecake with Orange Blossom Honey Whipped Cream, Whipped Honey, Crystalized Honey, Honeycomb, Dehydrated Honey, and Fennel Pollen Meringue Kisses : Great dessert if you love honey flavor. They use pretty quality honey because it’s not sickenly sweet
-House-made Crab and Cheese Wontons: Passable wonton. Many more exciting things to try
-Spicy Hot Dog with Pineapple Chutney and Plantain Chips: Full sized hot dog is served. Has a good kick to it so beware
-Traditional Sicilian Cannoli: Crisp Pastry filled with Sweet Ricotta, Chocolate, and Candied Orange: Yummy 2 bite dessert but not special.
-Fried Cinnamon Roll Bites with Cream Cheese Frosting and Candied Bacon (new) : Delicious and flaky pastry! Bacon cuts through some sweetness. Recommend
-Froot Loops Shake: If you love fruit loops this is a must try. We got this twice so we didn’t have to share.
-Boneless Impossible Korean Short Rib with Cilantro-Lime Rice, Danmuji Slaw, and Kimchee Mayonnaise : Disney does great things with vegan meats. This is no exception. Good sized portion too

Toppolinos: Dinner was that fine dining atmosphere I was looking for. Great food and service. Ricotta was outstanding. Cute madeline Cookie a chocolate cake for our anniversary meal. They made it look like a flower with a skewer. Will return for sure!
Homecomin: Always great! Chicken biscuits and Mac and cheese were great. Our server was a little pushy to turn the table but we took care of that.
Pop century food court: solid offerings. We had a few breakfasts. Oatmeal was unsweetened which was nice to have. Chicken parm meal was huge. That has a decent plant based breakfast that I enjoyed.

Hi seashell7290!
Could you tell me how the Thanksgiving sandwich was from EOS? We used to love it too but about 2 years ago we ordered one and the turkey was very salty and a weird rubbery meat.
We figured that if they changed the turkey, we were crossing it off the list!

Thanks for the detailed review, much appreciated, especially the F&G dishes as I will be there in 2 weeks and that is my main focus.

Thanks for the rundown, my kind of review!

Question - the Beignet Caramélisé, Fourré Crème Vanille, Glacé au Caramel Fleur de Sel: Caramelized Beignet filled with Vanilla Cream and Glazed with Caramel Fleur de Sel - was the top crisp like an actual caramelized sugar crust?

Great reviews. We just had the nachos at Yak & Yeti a week or so ago and WOW are those good!!! I cannot wait to have them again. Also a big fan of Topolino's and that ricotta. And, oh, those chicken thigh biscuits at Homecomin'. 😍 Jaleo's is still on my "to try" list ... need to get there soon!! Thanks for sharing your reviews. :goodvibes

Thanks for the review! We have several of the places you dined at on our list for July & now I'm really counting the days til we go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter