Quick HELP please!!

MBFergie

Insane Mom
All you experienced cruisers out there....HELP!

Do you think we will have enough time to go to St. John early and then make it back to ship by 12;50 for DH & DS to take Atlantis Submarine. (Has anybody done his excursion?? Is it any good??)

At first I was thinking of having them do early sub ride then St. John but I hear the traffic gets really bad in the afternoon.

Your help is always appreciated!!
Thanks!!

I can only tell you that when we went to st.john two years ago it took (by boat) about 40 mins each way. So I would be concerned about trying to get back in time.

I'd think you'd be cutting it kind of close. It's about a 20 minute cab ride to Red Hook. The ferry to St. John takes about 25 minutes. Assuming you make the 9:00am ferry, you'd get to Cruz Bay at 9:30 and would have to be back for the 11:30am ferry back to St. Thomas. So you'd have 2 hours on St. John. Enough time to wander around Cruz Bay, but not really to hit the beach or stray too far.

If it's the beach you want, you could hit a beach like Coki or Morningstar, which are closer to the ship, and then at least get a few hours at the beach before having to head back.

Quick and simple answer: no way! If you're going to take the time (and spend the money) to get to St. John, you'll want to have more time there, and there's really no way to guarantee you'll be able to get back in time for the submarine excursion. So pick one (St. John or sub ride) and enjoy it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter