Quick bite before flight departure

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by bsmcneil, Aug 7, 2006.

1. bsmcneil

bsmcneil DIS Veteran

Any suggestions for what would be good to grab before we leave WDW? Here are the details:

We plan to have a late lunch at 50s PTC (around 1:30/2). We'll head back to Pop Century to catch DME getting there by 3:45 (our flight leaves at 6:55). We can grab something either at MGM or Pop Century. It needs to be easily transported. I don't know if the Orlando airport has an accessible microwave (anyone know) so that might play a factor. Any ideas? Oh yeah, we'll be on the DDP using a counter service meal.

2. LISAMWDW

LISAMWDW DIS Veteran

I did that on my last trip, however it was Earl of Sandwich. We ate our dinner on the plane a few hours later. We used up our remaining counter service credits. We shared a few times because it was just too much food. It worked out great! It also reduced the stress of searching for a quick meal at the airport when you are short on time. The sandwiches were great, alittle cool but who cares.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. Simba's Mom

Simba's Mom <font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha

That's what I did last time too-got a sandwich and dessert to eat on the plane. I stopped in the Food Court at my resort and got a sandwich and macaroon bar. It was so nice to open that stuff up on the airplane, like taking a little Disney World with me.

5. Cool-Beans

Cool-Beans <marquee behavior=alternate><font color=deeppink>F

I'd either eat before leaving or at the Burger King in MCO. All that transporting of food sounds like a pain in the buttinski.

6. AnninIowa

AnninIowa DIS Veteran

If you can make it to DTD, Wolfgang Puck Express would have some cold choices to go - salads, in particular.

7. LISAMWDW

LISAMWDW DIS Veteran

BK, ewhh, sorry, I can't do fast food. It's really not a pain "hauling the food" around. I just toss in my carry one tote. There's plenty of room left after eating our snacks we've brought. My DD-9 was very excited to have a mickey rice crispy treat for a snack on the plane. It makes leaving a little easier to bring a little bit of it with you.

8. calypso*a*go-go

calypso*a*go-go <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

We plan on doing the same thing. We've got an ADR @ Chef Mickey's as our "last hurrah" at 11am, then we're heading to DTD for some final souvenir shopping and plan on getting Earl of Sandwich to go. I have a small soft-sided thermal cooler I'm going to put everything in. We'll eat it while we're waiting to board our flight or bring it on the plane with us. It's a long flight (almost 7 hours!) so I'm hoping to have enough snack credits left to bring some extra goodies with us too.

9. MrsMud

MrsMud <font color=green>Thinks the Ghostbuster wearing t

I have the same plan. We have a lunch ADR at 12:00 at Coral Reef our last day. We will leave Pop at 4:20 for our 7:20 flight. I have asked a similar question and learned that Pop food court has packaged grab-n-go items like sandwhiches, fruit cups and desserts available in the food court. You can use a CS credit from your DDP. This is what we will most likely do. HTH!