Queue line for HS Galaxy Edge?

So how might using F! as a holding pen look? Are people arranged on the bleachers in order of arrival to form a seated queue, or would it be every man for himself when they start the walk over to GE? Just how long might we be sitting on those horrible benches - will they allow bleacher seats/cushions/etc. to be brought in? SW movies played on a giant screen on stage? Coffee cart and breakfast sandwiches for all?! I know it's all speculation at this point - my speculative thoughts tend to run toward personal comfort as it pertains to logistics lol!

So how might using F! as a holding pen look? Are people arranged on the bleachers in order of arrival to form a seated queue, or would it be every man for himself when they start the walk over to GE? Just how long might we be sitting on those horrible benches - will they allow bleacher seats/cushions/etc. to be brought in? SW movies played on a giant screen on stage? Coffee cart and breakfast sandwiches for all?! I know it's all speculation at this point - my speculative thoughts tend to run toward personal comfort as it pertains to logistics lol!
I'm with you. I would rather wait on street, where I can pull out a blanket, travel pillow and spread out a bit.
Who knows. They could do a number system as you enter and then walk groups of 50 towards GE?

You better believe they will have some sort of beverages and snacks for sale, along with an assortment of bubble makers.
For sure :)
The benefits I see with having people corralled at F! is that, it's contained to an area of the park that doesn't see use until the evening. It has restrooms. It has 2 places to sell food. It won't disrupt with 3rd shift operations in the rest of the park.

For sure :)
The benefits I see with having people corralled at F! is that, it's contained to an area of the park that doesn't see use until the evening. It has restrooms. It has 2 places to sell food. It won't disrupt with 3rd shift operations in the rest of the park.
My biggest issue is now what happens when they need the venue for Fantasmic? Where do they then put all the people? One may think the line will have gone down by that point but what if it hasn't?

My biggest issue is now what happens when they need the venue for Fantasmic? Where do they then put all the people? One may think the line will have gone down by that point but what if it hasn't?
my thought process assuming they will use it: they wait for F! to end, clean it up (takes about an hour) and start letting people in who are camping out overnight. Then early around 4:30am-5am they start walking bug chunks over to Grand Av.
Once the land opens and it fills to capacity, which would probably happen in the morning hours, the VQ kicks in and there's no need for people to stay in any form of a line
This is just me throwing out ideas
The theater currently sits around 8000 (wdwmagic source) let's say that the fit 5000 for everyone to have some elbow room. I'm not sure what the capacity for GE is so not sure if one full theater will fill GE, probably not. So it should work out fine

my thought process assuming they will use it: they wait for F! to end, clean it up (takes about an hour) and start letting people in who are camping out overnight. Then early around 4:30am-5am they start walking bug chunks over to Grand Av.
Once the land opens and it fills to capacity, which would probably happen in the morning hours, the VQ kicks in and there's no need for people to stay in any form of a line
This is just me throwing out ideas
The theater currently sits around 8000 (wdwmagic source) let's say that the fit 5000 for everyone to have some elbow room. I'm not sure what the capacity for GE is so not sure if one full theater will fill GE, probably not. So it should work out fine
That is if they use the VQ. If they don't then people would need a place to hold people.

correct. In which case they could hold people there until around 4pm . But I would be completely shocked if they don't do a VQ or a version of it
At this point I wouldn’t be. While I would love if they did, I don’t think Disney is thrilled with the “lower crowd” look at Disneyland. They are certainly still figuring it out though as DHS VP was on site at DL yesterday.

At this point I wouldn’t be. While I would love if they did, I don’t think Disney is thrilled with the “lower crowd” look at Disneyland. They are certainly still figuring it out though as DHS VP was on site at DL yesterday.
the usage of a VQ wouldn't keep the crowds away though. I'm not sure what's happening at DL since I've never been or really followed. The only thing I know is that it's a locals park and has a fraction of traffic that we get here at WDW.
Again I don't see a VQ keeping anyone away, on the contrary, it might make more people feel comfortable in coming knowing that they could sign in on their phones and not have to get in line for hours

I believe wristbands may be in order but VQ seems a mute point right now. Somehow the super sized extra extra magic hours are their only fix for the time being. Does anyone know anyone in Disney’s IT department? 😂

Maybe that’s how it will work... Gathering at F! Receive wristbands... that are groupings of allotted guests, with maybe a low fi style VQ attached, as in green goes at 9... yellow goes at 1... and so on. Just riffing off the top of my head at this point. Lol!!!

the usage of a VQ wouldn't keep the crowds away though. I'm not sure what's happening at DL since I've never been or really followed. The only thing I know is that it's a locals park and has a fraction of traffic that we get here at WDW.
Again I don't see a VQ keeping anyone away, on the contrary, it might make more people feel comfortable in coming knowing that they could sign in on their phones and not have to get in line for hours
Well certainly. I’ve been following the DL situation closely and it’s a unique one. Their demographic is different than that of WDW. A VQ certainly wouldn’t keep anyone away I’m just not entirely confident they will use it.

Just watched Adam the woo video on the SWGE boarding group function on the app at DL. Pretty cool. I still don’t think they’ll use that option until maybe the 2 months XX magic hours is over?

Just watched Adam the woo video on the SWGE boarding group function on the app at DL. Pretty cool. I still don’t think they’ll use that option until maybe the 2 months XX magic hours is over?
That would defeat the purpose. A VQ would be best for the opening rush period not two months later.

If someone camps in the F! area does that count as being an “on-property guest” allowing access to EEMH after the first few days ;) Asking for a friend...
Without a reservation system in place, I think HS is preparing for the worst case scenario. Whether the F! thing (if they even do it) lasts into the EEMH days for on property guests... no one really knows. It’s kind of a “flying by the seat of your pants” situation. People are going to show up... first 2 days will be wild, after that, who knows. Will guests be lining up at 12am for EEMH? No one knows the answer. It will definitely be interesting to see!
Could be chaos, could be a genius undertaking in crowd control practices, could be totally blown out of proportion. Definitely exciting!

Last edited:
If someone camps in the F! area does that count as being an “on-property guest” allowing access to EEMH after the first few days ;) Asking for a friend...
IF they do the F! Scenario and IF the lines are so long outside the gates that it's still needed to use the theater they could rope off a section for onsite guests and offsite guests allowing onsite to enter the land for eemh

Well certainly. I’ve been following the DL situation closely and it’s a unique one. Their demographic is different than that of WDW. A VQ certainly wouldn’t keep anyone away I’m just not entirely confident they will use it.
Are we still in the blackout days for passholders at DL? I know you said Disney isn't thrilled about the low crowd look, but didn't they set themselves up to make crowds look low by not allowing essentially the locals in?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter