Questions on Trattoria Del Porto

cindala

<font color=blue>Must solemnly vow NEVER to toggle
For those who have eaten there:

Do you remember the prices for the buffet?

How was the selection and quality of the food?

Would you recommend a reservation? (Plan on being in WDW week of July 4th)

Also, since staying at Disney, how easy is this restaurant to access? Will we be able to park on the hotel lot, or have to park elsewhere?

Any info appreciated!

Offsite - 1974,1975
Contemporary - 1982,1983
Port Orleans - 1993,1994
Wilderness Lodge - 1995
Yacht Club - 1996,1997,1998,1999,2000
yacht01.gif

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT, GOING BACK ... WDW!

Hi cindala,

They offer a buffet along with their regular menu for all meals. I had a few meals here in December. Everytime I was pleased with the quality and selection. They have breakfast buffets that are so delicious. Offering pancakes, made to order omlettes, home fries, bacon, sausage,muffins and bagels and a very large selection of fresh fruits. The kids ordered off the menu great choices and cheap prices.

Dinners here are also terrific. On choice evenings they have character meals. We took adcantage of this on a friday eve. Also offered on Monday's. My husband had the buffet (I think it was $23.00) included drinks (soda's or iced tea) I ordered off the menu and had the best loin of pork with fresh sauteed veggies and mashed potatoes ($16.00) The kids ordered kids meals ($6.00) The service was always exceptional and the atmosphere is nice.
If you are interested in eating here during a busy season and wont be a guest of the hotel I would make a reservation. :D

jessica5.gif

I called the hotel and was connected to the restaurant. Currently, the dinner buffet is only offered on friday and saturday evenings, from 5-10pm. Friday eve is the character buffet. The breakfast buffet is available daily.

Prices for dinner buffet: Adults $19.50
Children 13 and under $9.75

I hope they start to offer the buffet nightly in the summer, as this would allow us to try this restaurant. Otherwise, may have to try Mama Della's.

Are there any menus posted on these two places?

Offsite - 1974,1975
Contemporary - 1982,1983
Port Orleans - 1993,1994
Wilderness Lodge - 1995
yacht01.gif

The prices for the Sunday morning and afternoon brunch buffet are substantially higher than the normal buffet every other morning.

I posted a link to a picture of the normal breakfast buffet a few days ago. It was in the beginning of the "Not Thrill..." thread.

Brian Charles Kohn
"in my own words"
Some Imagination, huh? - Mickey Mouse

If you're making a special trip just to eat at PBH, I think Mama Della's would be a better choice. Trattoria is good, mind you, but it is pretty much just a nice hotel restaurant. Mama Della's is more of a special experience with Mama there to greet you and music on most nights.†

Kelly Monaghan
Author of "Universal Studios Escape: The Ultimate Guide to the Ultimate Theme Park Adventure" and
"The Other Orlando: What To Do When You've Done Disney & Universal"‡

I have been reading good things about Mama Della's, including your review on line.
It sounds like a great place, but how expensive is it?

Last year we ate at Palio's at the Swan and loved it, but without drinks or desserts it was $125 for 2 adults, and 2 kids. We were looking for something similar, but a bit less expensive, so I was thinking Tratorria.

Any info appreciated.

Offsite - 1974,1975
Contemporary - 1982,1983
Port Orleans - 1993,1994
Wilderness Lodge - 1995
yacht01.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter