Questions for damo (or anyone) about BTTF and Star Wars.

Saffron

Palm Tree Hugger
I have always wanted to try a simulator ride but have learned over the years to just enjoy what I know I can handle. What is the difference between BTTF and Star Wars? Why can you handle one and not the other? I have two more questions about MiB (sorry!) when you spin, is it really fast? Do you get dizzy at all? Thanks for all of your help. I would hate to miss out on rides that I would really enjoy.

Saffron :wave:

The main difference between BTTF and Star Tours is that Star Tours is enclosed, while BTTF is relatively open. Star Tours' screen is a large screen at the front. BTTF's screen is a huge Imax screen that evelops around you.

Also, BTTF is a lot rougher than Star Tours. BTTF is about 10 times as rough as Star Tours.

I get motion sick on a lot of rides. The Hanna Barbera ride (simulator) makes me ill. BTTF makes me ill because the car you are in jolts around very violently and the padding around you is not sufficient to cushion the blows. My neck gets very sore and my head aches for a long time after this ride. I also feel that the movement is not very well coordinated with the visual on the screen. In Star Tours, the ride is much less violent, in fact it is quite fun. The motion and the visual are well coordinated. The spinning in MIB is quite fast but it is over with very quickly. By the time I am starting to feel queezy, it's done.

By the way, I went on Hulk and felt fine. :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter