Questions about upgrading to Downton Disney view at the GC

HauntedMansionFan

Yes, I am crazy.
I'm thinking about upgrading to the Downtown Disney view at the Grand Californian......Any thoughts? Anyone stayed in these rooms? I'm wondering about the actual view, noise level, if it would have a balcony, etc..... any info would be helpful!!! Thanks!!!

We stayed in an Artisian Suite at GC a couple years ago with a Downtown Disney view and enjoyed it. While you could hear lots of people noise if you had the balcony window open, it was impressively quieter with the window closed. We could see the fireworks perfectly just sitting on our bed with the curtains open. We're going back to the GC again in early December, but this time we are getting a theme park view (I'll be curious to note the difference). Hope this helps. We really enjoyed the GC (we've been to PP and DLH as well), but chose to return to the GC for the luxuriousness and the convenience to the parks. Hope this helps.

We just returned from the GC on May 15th. Half the time we stayed in a room with a DD view and the other half we upgraded to a Artisan Suite. Our room was right across Hagen Daaz and DS thought the view was awesome! As for noise, it didn't really bother us at all, even with the sliding door opened. The best feature, however, has to be that you get a great view of the fireworks!

Hope you have as fun a time as we did! :sunny:

Sounds awesome.... thanks for the info..... I think I might just call tomorrow and upgrade. October is coming soon enough!!!! Thanks again for the info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter