Questions about extending :]

I hope to extend at the end of my program this time and hopefully there won't be any problems like last time and I can get accepted. Last time, I applied the first day the requests go up, but there were computer problems that lost all of the extension requests on the first day and they never told us until all the roles were filled. All of the people, including myself, who applied on the first day was rejected because of this. This time, hopefully I can extend as either Attractions or Character Attendant. Those were my top two roles for fall, but they gave me Merchandise again (it was my number third choice). I don't mind Merchandise and I think it's a lot of fun, but I wanted to experience a different role.

AAAAAAHHHH I wish I could take your Merchandise role! LOL.

See, that's why it bothers me a little bit because I feel like a lot of people who got Merchandise don't appreciate it like I would have. I'm not trying to say anything negative about you at all, just kind of in general. I hope somehow, eventually, you're able to get a role you want!

Lol! You are not offending me. Don't get me wrong, I love Merchandise! It's so much fun and exciting! But, I did Merchandise in my last program and really wanted to try something new. I have a feeling they gave me Merchandise again because I stumbled a lot over my answer when they asked me what my responsibilities were when doing this role. They probably felt I didn't learned enough from it and decided to put me in it again. Like how you wanted Merchandise, I really wanted Attractions! But, I'm happy with the role they gave me and happy that I even got accepted! Hopefully, they give me Attractions when I extend!

Yeah, that would be awesome! I understand with switching it up. Even if I actually wanted QSFB, if I extended or did another CP, I'd probably want to try another role. Good Luck!

I hope to extend at the end of my program this time and hopefully there won't be any problems like last time and I can get accepted. Last time, I applied the first day the requests go up, but there were computer problems that lost all of the extension requests on the first day and they never told us until all the roles were filled. All of the people, including myself, who applied on the first day was rejected because of this.
That same thing happened to me and one of my roommates(my other two got it just fine, one stayed, the other didnt). As soon as I knew it was a bigger problem then just us two, I called them and even went over to the cp offices at the commons. They put us back in the system then sometime my roommate ended up getting a call, then I got one maybe a week later after her? I just remember I was at the christmas day parade shooting and called them back super fast after it was finished. I had five choices, then I handed the phone over to my friend(they said she was on their list to call) and she had only four choices to choose from, as I took the last spot in main entrance ops. That was a frustrating time period! I'm sorry you didn't get to extend! But hopefully this time itll work out :thumbsup2

Yeah, that would be awesome! I understand with switching it up. Even if I actually wanted QSFB, if I extended or did another CP, I'd probably want to try another role. Good Luck!
I would go for it anyways, you never know what will happen!

Thanks for the reply.

Does anyone know why it is supposedly so difficult to get into another role for extension? I guess it sort of makes sense since technically you are extending your program, thus your role. But then the flip side of things just makes it seem like since it is a whole new semester/program, you could change things up a bit. New people are coming down for the start of their new program so how much could it possibly hurt to train an extension CM for something else?

This whole process is very interesting to me for some reason popcorn::

I think extensions will vary from program to program and a lot of the extensions are based on labor needs and also on the individual's record card. I know that many have heard that changing roles in an extension is difficult but in my daughter's apartment 5 of them extended and four of them requested a different role and all four of them were extended into the role of their choice.(the fifth one requested the same location and was granted the extension in her same location) Three of them originally had QSFB - one was extended into Character Attendent, one was extended into Main Entrance Ops and my daughter was extended into Character Performer - all first choices for them. The other roommate had attractions and extended into Hospitality. So none of them had any difficulty getting what they wanted for their extensions.

Again, a lot will depend on labor needs, time of year, park attendance. If you really wish to extend---a word of advice---Keep your Record Card as clean as possible. Try not to call in if you don't have to, be on time for work, remember to clock in and clock out, etc.

How hard is it to transition from a CP right into part time or full time work at WDW?

Depends on your record card, and where you want to go (some locations have more need then others). I was lucky- I was able to go FT in the location I wanted (and found out 2 weeks after I applied).

I knew a lot of people who were able to extend into another role. They all had nearly perfect record cards and I think the leaders in their area thought highly of them.
Also, if you can't change roles, maybe you should consider changing locations at least.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter