Questions about Capital One Venture

biochemgirl

DIS Veteran
I took advantage of the Venture cards 60k bonus points a couple months ago and am looking at how to use the points now. If you have the card and have specific Disney or flight hacks, please share!!

But here is what I'm currently considering: If I book Pop for March through my TA and use the card, will the expense post in the Travel category with Capital One so I can use my points towards it?

I took advantage of the Venture cards 60k bonus points a couple months ago and am looking at how to use the points now. If you have the card and have specific Disney or flight hacks, please share!!

But here is what I'm currently considering: If I book Pop for March through my TA and use the card, will the expense post in the Travel category with Capital One so I can use my points towards it?

If you booked with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner then it will count as travel as they book DIRECTLY through Disney.

Just about everything travel-related I've booked with the card is redeemable with the points. One tip is to pay in installments as much as possible, so you'll have smaller amounts available that you'll be able to redeem (after that initial big bonus). I love my card and have saved several hundreds of dollars using it in only one year.

Can you redeem only part of a purchase? Say I pay $800 for a flight and have enough to pay $650 in rewards - does CapOne let you redeem only part of the purchase?

Can you redeem only part of a purchase? Say I pay $800 for a flight and have enough to pay $650 in rewards - does CapOne let you redeem only part of the purchase?

Yes. I do this almost every month. The miles redeemed just defaults to my available number of miles.

Your mileage may vary, but I've also been able to redeem the same expense multiple times during the 90-day redemption window. It's helpful when I don't have a ton of travel purchases because I prefer to redeem every month rather than let rewards pile up.

I also make sure to charge everything to the room/magic band as it hits your card as travel. Individual purchases in the park don’t for some reason. Also, I found ticket purchases on UT are also eligible.

Note - I admit I work for Capital One but in no way would I recommend a product I don’t personally use and love. If you don’t have the

I also make sure to charge everything to the room/magic band as it hits your card as travel. Individual purchases in the park don’t for some reason. Also, I found ticket purchases on UT are also eligible.

Note - I admit I work for Capital One but in no way would I recommend a product I don’t personally use and love.

Funny this thread should come up as I’m considering getting this card. I’m 100% new to travel points and have been trying to read whatever I can. I’m a little confused by the OP. Wouldn’t booking a hotel itself be considered travel?

Funny this thread should come up as I’m considering getting this card. I’m 100% new to travel points and have been trying to read whatever I can. I’m a little confused by the OP. Wouldn’t booking a hotel itself be considered travel?
The vendor has to be registered as travel with Capital One or the financial markets - something like that - in order for it to show up as travel in your register.

I know that I did book a hotel room through a newer online travel vendor, Agoda, and it did not show up as travel for Capital One. Fortunately it was a small purchase that I never intended on claiming rewards for anyway.

The vendor has to be registered as travel with Capital One or the financial markets - something like that - in order for it to show up as travel in your register.

I know that I did book a hotel room through a newer online travel vendor, Agoda, and it did not show up as travel for Capital One. Fortunately it was a small purchase that I never intended on claiming rewards for anyway.
Good to know. Seems it’s not as simple as they make it out to be. Thanks for answering.

Good to know. Seems it’s not as simple as they make it out to be. Thanks for answering.

I have had success before getting something to code differently when I asked (although not Capital One).

We installed a vinyl fence several years ago and the fence company was coded under goods and services or something like that. It was when Discover was offering 5% back for Home Improvement stores. I don't think a fence company can get any more home improvement. So I made the inquiry and they went ahead and credited me with a home improvement purchase. Never hurts to ask!

I have had success before getting something to code differently when I asked (although not Capital One).

We installed a vinyl fence several years ago and the fence company was coded under goods and services or something like that. It was when Discover was offering 5% back for Home Improvement stores. I don't think a fence company can get any more home improvement. So I made the inquiry and they went ahead and credited me with a home improvement purchase. Never hurts to ask!
The reason I’m looking into this particular card is because it *seems* pretty straightforward. Not that I’m not willing to make an effort but I really don’t want to do handstands either. If it will pay for my husband’s yearly flight out to Atlanta I would be happy with that. If I can save to offset a family trip to Hawaii in a couple of years that would be cool too. What I don’t want to do is take a hard hit on my credit and have it not be worth it. I take it there are lists somewhere that might tell me what qualifies and what does not?

I got a similar offer from Chase Sapphire Preferred. The great thing about that one is the points transfer into Southwest 1:1 and its very easy to do. We booked our flights for free :)

The reason I’m looking into this particular card is because it *seems* pretty straightforward. Not that I’m not willing to make an effort but I really don’t want to do handstands either. If it will pay for my husband’s yearly flight out to Atlanta I would be happy with that. If I can save to offset a family trip to Hawaii in a couple of years that would be cool too. What I don’t want to do is take a hard hit on my credit and have it not be worth it. I take it there are lists somewhere that might tell me what qualifies and what does not?

As far as how it will effect your credit score, you can try the pre-qualification first. This was important to me because although my credit score ranges from 730-760 depending on the scoring source, I still have a BK showing up for another year. I already have a high yield savings account with CapOne and used the pre-qualify page from my login page. Once that approved immediately, I then applied and was approved immediately.

As far as how it will effect your credit score, you can try the pre-qualification first. This was important to me because although my credit score ranges from 730-760 depending on the scoring source, I still have a BK showing up for another year. I already have a high yield savings account with CapOne and used the pre-qualify page from my login page. Once that approved immediately, I then applied and was approved immediately.
This is my issue too. I have an auto loan through Capital One as well as a Platinum and Quicksilver Rewards so I should be able to do this I think. Thanks.

We talk about all sorts of credit cards on the I Love Credit Cards So Much thread near the top of page 1 of the Budget forum. Some people over there have this card and can help answer questions. Though, admittedly, most people are achieving more money back than what you get with the Cap1 Venture card so it's not one of the popular cards in that thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter