Questions about 2-BR Dedicated at VWL

DisneyStarWisher

Love My DVC!!!
In looking at some maps of VWL, I noticed some 2-BR dedicated villas with odd configurations. Can anyone tell me about them? I have a 2-BR dedicated booked for this October.

Also are the dumpster view rooms only on the parking lot side? I'm thinking about requesting lake view to avoid them. I don't care so much about being close to the elevator but don't want a dumpser view.

We got two of the 2-bd when I requested them to be near the elevators.
If you look at the promo pictures of VWL, the units are the stone section of the building(and across the atrium); the master is to the right of the stone, the living room and kitchen are the middle (stone part) and the second bd is to the left. The floor plan is like a zig-zag. You enter right into the living room. I liked having extra windows in the living room but you don't get any stools at the bar since the couch is up against the half wall for the kitchen. We had to use that divider to hold food. The part I didn't like was that the stacked? washer and dryer are in the kitchen which meant there was no place to put any food; there's hardly any counter space, and no extra cabinet space. It was difficult for us because we had a lot of groceries.
Very convenient to the elevators.

We had a "dumster" view dedicated 2br once. It was on the fifth floor. Initially, I was pretty disappointed in the view. We turned the balcony chairs toward the other direction (toward the lodge) and it was fine. You couldn't see the dumster from inside the room.

We always ask for the lake side, its split whether or not we get it. This "lake view" generally is just of trees with a glimpse of the lake through the trees. I can't say it is all that much better than the other side. We've never gotten the pool view, or one of the oddly shaped villas.

All that said, I absolutely LOVE VWL! It's quiet, peaceful, and gorgeous. Perfect to relax. When I want a view to people watch from, we stay over in the lodge and get a courtyard view room facing the inner courtyard & pool - I'm a big fan of that too.

We got two of the 2-bd when I requested them to be near the elevators.
If you look at the promo pictures of VWL, the units are the stone section of the building(and across the atrium); the master is to the right of the stone, the living room and kitchen are the middle (stone part) and the second bd is to the left. The floor plan is like a zig-zag. You enter right into the living room. I liked having extra windows in the living room but you don't get any stools at the bar since the couch is up against the half wall for the kitchen. We had to use that divider to hold food. The part I didn't like was that the stacked? washer and dryer are in the kitchen which meant there was no place to put any food; there's hardly any counter space, and no extra cabinet space. It was difficult for us because we had a lot of groceries.
Very convenient to the elevators.

Thank you for explaining the floor plan. Are the balconies different in these villas?

We had a "dumster" view dedicated 2br once. It was on the fifth floor. Initially, I was pretty disappointed in the view. We turned the balcony chairs toward the other direction (toward the lodge) and it was fine. You couldn't see the dumster from inside the room.

We always ask for the lake side, its split whether or not we get it. This "lake view" generally is just of trees with a glimpse of the lake through the trees. I can't say it is all that much better than the other side. We've never gotten the pool view, or one of the oddly shaped villas.

All that said, I absolutely LOVE VWL! It's quiet, peaceful, and gorgeous. Perfect to relax. When I want a view to people watch from, we stay over in the lodge and get a courtyard view room facing the inner courtyard & pool - I'm a big fan of that too.

Looking at the floor plans of the villas, it seems that the dumpsters would be on the parking lot side. Is this where your dumpster view room was?

Does anyone know if there are any dumpsters on the lake side?

Thank you for explaining the floor plan. Are the balconies different in these villas?

Looking at the floor plans of the villas, it seems that the dumpsters would be on the parking lot side. Is this where your dumpster view room was?

Does anyone know if there are any dumpsters on the lake side?

Yes, parking lot side. I think the room number was 5556.

I seem to remember that rooms ending in xx60 and xx62 overlook housekeeping and maintenance sheds sometimes also called "dumpsters". These are studios.

Thanks so much for all the information. I can now tell exactly where the dumpster view rooms are. I think I will request lake view first, then close to the elevator (just in case I don't get lake view). I appreciate all the responses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter