Question: Which would toddler enjoy most?

md&d1026

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone. This board is full of information - I love it.

Anyway, we are going to WDW 9/29-10/3. We planned one day at MK w/ 20 month old dd. We already have breakfast ressies at Tony's. If we had to choose between EPCOT, MGM or AK, which would be best for a toddler.

She loves animals so I am leaning towards AK, but I also think she'd like Playhouse Disney at MGM.

Also, has anyone bought the off season annual pass? Are there a bunch of black-out dates. The CRO led me to believe this was useable at all four parks or did I miss understand her? I only live 1 hour from WDW so I probably wouldn't be bothered by the blackout dates unless there is a bunch of them.

Thanks!:D

Boy you can only pick one? Well, rule out Epcot for sure, there is not enough for a toddler there to spend a whole day. Between MGM and AK, you will have to choose based on theming. MGM has a lot of shows that are very kid oriented such as the play house disney show, Hunchback, Beauty and the Beast, great parade and fantasmic fireworks show, all great stuff. For rides you have big ones like Rockn Roller Coaster and Towe of Terror, also Great Movie ride (which could be scarry for toddler) and Star Tours, none recoomended for toddler. AK is all about animals, I love the safari and all the hidden spots with Gorillas, tigers, kangaroos etc. They also have the Lion King Show which is probably my favorite show of all, they have a parade too, but no fireworks and it closes early. For rides, I can't think of anything for a toddler. Oh, the new one that just opened (similar to Dumbo). So I guess which ever you feel your toddler will like best. You'll find plenty of characters at both and enough to keep you busy. Good Luck1

MGM! Even on our short trips that we only do two parks, it's MK and MGM.

Thanks for everyone's replys. I have to convice dh that EPCOT probably isn't going to be the best choice for dd, since that is what he wants to do.

I am hoping that we can get the off season pass, if it is good at all 4 main parks, then we won't have to choose, we can do them all, even if just half a day, then vist for half days throughout the next year until dd turns 3 and we have to pay for her :)

We went to WDW when our oldest DD was about 13 months and 21 months. She loved AK and the animals. We really didn't do much at MGM with her. My vote is for AK! :D

Well, if it's just for the baby, I would vote for AK too. she will like the triceratops spin, the safari, and the train ride to concervation station as well as the petting zoo there. There are lots of trails with lots of animals. You might even want to start the day with the donald duck breakfast there. The parade is awsome if you choose to spend the afternoon there too.

I think MGM is more a sit and look rather than do park. If your DD is happy with that she may be just as happy there.Many toddlers would rather be doing than watching.

I however would not rule out Epcot. Babies that young are going to have fun no matter where they are and what they are doing. They will love to people watch. There is in fact a lot of things that she can do too. The living with the land ride, spaceship earth, Ellen's energy ride, the boat rides in the WS, the living seas, the fountains, and some others I am sure. Also lots of fun places to eat. Coral Reef, she can watch the fish, Garden Grill with Mickey and friends or the new Princess meal. You can also keep mom and dad happy at the same time.

She will have fun just hanging out with her mom and dad! Have a fun time.

Jordan's mom

My vote would be a tie between MGM and Epcot. Last year I went to WDW when DS was 21 months old, and he had a blast in Epcot! He especially loved all the performances in the world showcase and the Tapestry parade. He also liked the dinosaurs at Energy, watching the fish at the Living Seas, and he absolutely loved both the Norway and Mexico rides (He had to ride the Mexico ride three times.) And he loved Illuminations. We had a great day there.

Good luck!

Although the Playhouse Disney show was good, it wasn't worth the whole day - and it was about the only decent thing we did the whole day with our 2 and 3 year old in MGM. You sit on the floor - if you sit to close your kids can't see - sit too far back and they can't see over heads. The theatre isn't huge - so the whole line doesn't get in - so plan on standing in line.

But they loved AK

Thanks for the responses.

I finally found the blackout dates for the seasonal pass on mousesavers.com. They aren't that bad, so I am almost certain we will get the seasonal annual pass.

I also found out MK is only open until 6pm while we are there, so we'll have to do Epcot to see fireworks.

Hopefully, we can do MK, AK & Epcot while there for 4 nights, then go back another time to MGM. I bet my dd will love AK because she loves animals.

Thanks again!

Glad you can hit more than just 2 parks! I have to say that I took toddlers to Epcot twice with great success. My favorites for a toddler there are the river ride at Mexico and the Living Seas. There's a viking ship/play area at Norway that was a hit, and we had a great visit with Mickey Mouse with no line at FW. My toddlers enjoyed Spaceship Earth, Food Rocks, Cranium Command, and the Imagination pavillion. We were going to spend very little time at Epcot this trip, but now that I think of it there really is much there for us. Things that make you go hm!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter